PlayBuddy
May 14, 2024, 10:20:15 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

subscription ends tommorow

Started by Jonathan,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

well, the guest pass ended today. When i went to the signup page it made me pay the new fee and i have been a member for almost a year....

so now i have to pay 5.99 instead of 4.99

this just bites lol

;:"

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jrlt on April 24, 2006, 09:54:29 AM
well, the guest pass ended today. When i went to the signup page it made me pay the new fee and i have been a member for almost a year....

this just bites lol

Sorry to hear that but glad to know you've made it back on Pogo. $5.99, is that for a full year or a month?

Jonathan

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 24, 2006, 09:55:42 AM

this just bites lol

Sorry to hear that but glad to know you've made it back on Pogo. $5.99, is that for a full year or a month?

thats per month...im planing on just paying the yearly fee later on

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jrlt on April 24, 2006, 05:01:23 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on April 24, 2006, 09:55:42 AM

this just bites lol

thats per month...im planing on just paying the yearly fee later on

Word of advice: pay the yearly fee ASAP. Paying $18 after 3 months is insane!

Jonathan

yeah i know

monthly is $5.99 that adds up to $71.88 a year

the yearly is $34.99

Helen

Quote from: jrlt on April 25, 2006, 04:47:49 AM
yeah i know

monthly is $5.99 that adds up to $71.88 a year

the yearly is $34.99

That's a huge difference!! Hope you're going with the yearly plan.  :D

Jonathan

mandw

if you lose your club pogo and then reinstate then you might have to pay the higher price they have now

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: mandw on May 01, 2006, 06:05:59 PM
if you lose your club pogo and then reinstate then you might have to pay the higher price they have now

Which is why you should create a PayPal account and have money in it when you have $50 to spare (won't need that much) in time of an "emergency" like this one. Since Pogo takes PayPal for subscription payments, you can quickly switch it to that if you see you might not have the funds when your account is up for renewal. I have $100 sitting in my PayPal account in case something big comes out, like a possible rent check that's for more than I have in my bank account or something I want on eBay or anything else along those lines. Best thing about having it there is that if it's not in my bank account, I'm not spending it!  O0

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 01, 2006, 06:31:09 PM

Which is why you should create a PayPal account and have money in it when you have $50 to spare (won't need that much) in time of an "emergency" like this one. Since Pogo takes PayPal for subscription payments, you can quickly switch it to that if you see you might not have the funds when your account is up for renewal. I have $100 sitting in my PayPal account in case something big comes out, like a possible rent check that's for more than I have in my bank account or something I want on eBay or anything else along those lines. Best thing about having it there is that if it's not in my bank account, I'm not spending it!  O0

That's really a great idea Hippo.  O0

If you don't mind me asking you a question, I have almost a $40 credit in my account for an overpayment I once made. It's been about 3 months now. Do they keep that indefinately or do they refund it after a certain amount of time?
Now that I've read your idea, I'll most likely let it sit there if it's not refunded.
Thanks.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Helen on May 01, 2006, 07:09:24 PM

If you don't mind me asking you a question, I have almost a $40 credit in my account for an overpayment I once made. It's been about 3 months now. Do they keep that indefinately or do they refund it after a certain amount of time?
Now that I've read your idea, I'll most likely let it sit there if it's not refunded.
Thanks.

It sits there. I once forgot to check my account for almost a year and I got a PayPal email about a change of something to my account. I went to PayPal.com to log in (not thru the email) and saw I had money there of almost $75 (I sometimes sell things on eBay) and it was there from an OLD auction. Guess they don't send out "statements" like my bank, lol.

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 01, 2006, 07:21:06 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 01, 2006, 07:09:24 PM

Thanks.

It sits there. I once forgot to check my account for almost a year and I got a PayPal email about a change of something to my account. I went to PayPal.com to log in (not thru the email) and saw I had money there of almost $75 (I sometimes sell things on eBay) and it was there from an OLD auction. Guess they don't send out "statements" like my bank, lol.

Thanks for answering. I know that with certain credit cards that I have, if I have a $0 balance due and a credit sitting there, after 3 months, they send a refund check. Since you said PayPal doesn't do this, I'll just let it sit there.

Don't you get a monthly statement in your email from PayPal telling you that you have some sort of balance if you have money sitting there or if you owe them an amount? That's how I found out that I have money sitting in there.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Helen on May 01, 2006, 07:25:32 PM

Thanks for answering. I know that with certain credit cards that I have, if I have a $0 balance due and a credit sitting there, after 3 months, they send a refund check. Since you said PayPal doesn't do this, I'll just let it sit there.

Don't you get a monthly statement in your email from PayPal telling you that you have some sort of balance if you have money sitting there or if you owe them an amount? That's how I found out that I have money sitting in there.

If I did, it went to my Trash bin. I never once saw anything in my mailbox with a statement. I get them now but at the time... nothing!

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 01, 2006, 07:28:29 PM

If I did, it went to my Trash bin. I never once saw anything in my mailbox with a statement. I get them now but at the time... nothing!

LOL   Ok, thanks for the help Hippo.  O0

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Helen on May 01, 2006, 07:44:08 PM

An hour late and a day short, you do, however have to log into your PayPal account every so often (don't remember how much) or they'll cancel your account. I believe that's a rule in general for everyone but I could be wrong.

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on May 01, 2006, 08:31:26 PM
Quote from: Helen on May 01, 2006, 07:44:08 PM

An hour late and a day short, you do, however have to log into your PayPal account every so often (don't remember how much) or they'll cancel your account. I believe that's a rule in general for everyone but I could be wrong.

Holy crap....I didn't know that you have to log in every so often or it gets cancelled. I'm going to have to read the fine print!!! Thanks Hippo

Jonathan

i switched to the yearly plan today. Where I had allready paid for this month it has a coupon thing on there that says that i have 22 days left on the ...oh heck goes to make a screenie:

Lilspudlette

Jonathan;

I will be glad to give you the free guest pass.  I just need your screen name and then I can send it on to you.

Kristine

Tara

Yearly is the cheapest way to go anyways.  And it looks as if whatever price you signed up for the first year it stays that way, even after the Pogo increase.

Jonathan

Quote from: Lilspudlette on May 02, 2006, 12:35:06 AM
Jonathan;

I will be glad to give you the free guest pass.  I just need your screen name and then I can send it on to you.

Kristine

thanks for the kindness, but i have already paid now

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview