PlayBuddy
May 21, 2024, 06:54:19 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I think I was just permanently banned

Started by hallowkween,

Previous topic - Next topic

Torn2pieces

Sorry to hear this. I do think Pogo went a bit far about your account. I've seen worse in rooms, where the people were reported, but never lost their accounts. It doesn't  make any sense as far as pogo goes.

What makes them ban certain accounts and not others? do they pick names out of a hat.

I hardly ever chat in any games. Best that way.

Again, I'm sorry this happened to you!

EyeCu

BadgeBabe

Well, I think they might have let the chat infraction pass if you hadn't had the 72 hour suspension just before that. Usually, if a person has a clean record on Pogo ( I know, sounds like Jr. High), they will take your years on Pogo into consideration if you appeal the suspension or ban in a nice and cordial manner.

Also, I am really certain that Pogo didn't pick up on your screen name. Chances are, another player reported you using the Abuse function in a Pogo room. Pogo doesn't actively look at chat, screen names and profiles which pass their initial filter unless someone complains. ( I hate the complaining busybodies too!!)

I don't know if I've said this on here, but after what happened to me with MY screen name and two WEEKS of  not being able to play, thinking I had a permanent ban, phone calls, emails, EA " support forms", and then finally contacting someone at Pogo with a brain and a soul, I learned a few things about the way they do things there. I also think I learned how to avoid MOST foreseeable problems.

IF anyone gets a 72 hour suspension, please take it in stride. Yes, it may well  go into effect on a Friday evening, meaning that the person will wonder all weekend long what they did wrong ( if they really don't know as I didn't), or it may go into effect on Monday and affect your Wed. AM badge gathering, but Pogo does not consider 72 hour suspensions to be a " critical offense".
FWIW, I got ALL my time out credited back to me, which I didn't ask for but I think was fair and considerate of EA/ Pogo to do.

Hindsight being 20/20, I learned that it's better to quietly appeal the 72 hour suspension through the EA Appeal form and not do anything else to stir them up.

The key to surviving on Pogo with the employees of EA seems to me to be staying off their radar and out of their hair. IF someone on Pogo complains about another player, they will usually put a 72 hour suspension on the account while they investigate the complaint.
I don't think it's fair, but it's better than yanking the account permanently for no reason.

The heart of the rule making and arbitrary desicions made tie into EA.com's Pogo ERSB ratings. When my account was suspended, and actually went into permanent ban status, I found out what ERSB ratings mean. In order to have the family rating, and I imagine to partner with AOL, ( yuck and double yuck), they decided to put rather arbitrary rules in place which I still think some members don't know about. EA.com didn't make the ERSB standards, parents and people who were in positions of power like Tipper Gore did. The ERSB rating system was big on her agenda when she was the VP's wife.
Info about the criteria for the ratings can be found at www.ersb.org

I didn't know WHY Pogo had changed and suddenly my screen name was seen as #^& with the chat filter on until I had a rational conversation with Alex at Pogo. He is the ONLY person at EA/ Pogo who cared to tell me what the perceived infraction was, and the only person with the reasoning ability to see that I had not committed an infraction after I provided proof of what my screen name stood for.

I was lucky in that I hadn't made a titillating screen name or said something offensive in chat which got me reported, because I could have, lol. Someone with their chat filter on thought my screen name was obscene and reported it. I didn't even know it was filtered out until then.
I really don't think people who make bawdy profiles, XXXskrewmenowXXX screen names, and piss off the little old women in chat have a leg to stand on in an appeal process. I remember when people would scroll and scroll in the rooms, send wav. files, etc way back before Club Pogo existed. It was a free for all, but it was FUN. :)

This strict adherence policy to the ERSB " family" rating  is also why I never ever chat on Pogo. I was playing Dice City Roller with my husband one night, and he beat me, lol. I typed " WTF" instead of " WTG" because I was in a hurry to start the next game on time and the letters are right next to each other. I freaked because if someone else had been in the room, they probably could have had my account suspended for that. The really funny thing is that he was sitting beside me in our house, so I didn't need to type anything. I was so happy that he had found a game he liked to play and would play with me that I guess I got a little giddy.  :))

Be careful!! Cheat well. :)

damian666

Quote from: hallowkween on July 27, 2006, 10:25:32 AM
so, if anybody decides to leave pogo anytime soon and want to donate their account to me I will donate a couple hundred to you!

:OO

tempting

Torn2pieces

QuoteI remember when people would scroll and scroll in the rooms, send wav. files, etc way back before Club Pogo existed. It was a free for all, but it was FUN.

I remember those days. I did get suspended back then for about 2 hours, that's what the suspension was or about that time. I didn't break any tos violations, the guides that use to come in just had it out for me and the way I worked around the tos stuff. I used words in different way.

I remember exactly what I said...... "I need to give an oral presentation at work" and that sentence got me suspended.

Needless to say, I grew up and keep to myself on Pogo. I never ever give out my name to anyone, so I'm purdy secretive.

xsquezme

This gets me...

From the ToS...

Strong vulgar language, crude or explicit sexual references, discussions of illegal drugs, and hate speech are always inappropriate Content for EA Online. Content standards may vary depending on where you are on EA Online, the type of game you are playing and the expectations of the community. Some game play and chat rooms may involve use of stronger language than others, including mild expletives. Always use your best judgment in online conduct. If you would not say something in a room full of people you have never met, or in the workplace, don't post it on our message boards or chat.

Obviously people who do or say these things would do this. So who is right? The person who would do this in real life? (They were only told not to do it if they wouldn't in real life.) Or the person saying it is wrong? You cant tell some they can do something if they would for real and them punish them when they do... just doesn't make any sense.  I think the best way to keep it out would be to say DONT DO IT AT ALL. I read that as I can do what ever I would normally do and not get into trouble because hey that is me. But that is NOT true at all. It is kind of a double edge sword they want you to try and swallow with out getting cut.

BadgeBabe

What " message boards" they are referring to?  As far as I know, Pogo doesn't have message boards. We create our own right here!! :))

Quote from: xsquezme on July 28, 2006, 10:18:21 AM
This gets me...

From the ToS...

Strong vulgar language, crude or explicit sexual references, discussions of illegal drugs, and hate speech are always inappropriate Content for EA Online. Content standards may vary depending on where you are on EA Online, the type of game you are playing and the expectations of the community. Some game play and chat rooms may involve use of stronger language than others, including mild expletives. Always use your best judgment in online conduct. If you would not say something in a room full of people you have never met, or in the workplace, don't post it on our message boards or chat.

Obviously people who do or say these things would do this. So who is right? The person who would do this in real life? (They were only told not to do it if they wouldn't in real life.) Or the person saying it is wrong? You cant tell some they can do something if they would for real and them punish them when they do... just doesn't make any sense.  I think the best way to keep it out would be to say DONT DO IT AT ALL. I read that as I can do what ever I would normally do and not get into trouble because hey that is me. But that is NOT true at all. It is kind of a double edge sword they want you to try and swallow with out getting cut.

Stinkerbell

When I enter a room, I almost always close the chat.  There are a few people I like to chat with, and they know how to contact me.  I have kids that play on Pogo and one night they were playing in a room where the chat was about drag queens, various sexual positions and all this in very vulgar language (my then 11 year old son asked me where drag was.  After questioning him to find out what he was talking about ("drag queen") I stepped in  LOL  In the room I 'gently' reminded the chatters that it was a famly site and to please remember that sometimes children are present.  I knew I was leaving myself wide open for ridicule, which did happen, but I still felt that I was justified in my comments but no, I did not report them, I just changed rooms and closed the chat.  I sometimes feel that people like myself who do not appreciate lude discussion are  thought of as prudes or nerds or just intolerant.  I just feel that I have as much right to chat in a game room without having to 'listen' to that as those who want to talk that way do.  Then again, they can always take their chat private, right?

I'm thrilled that Pogo has implemented Friends List features that allow us to block certain people, allow everyone, or only allow those on our List.

Tori

I wish people and Pogo could be like the good ol days...was a place to play, make friends and chat. I can't understand why "club pogo members" are now so ready to report anyone for any little thing said. That sucks. I've never reported anyone before for any reason. I think the people who report need to get a life ...there are so many other options..i.e. using the mute button, changing rooms or heck just turn their chat off.

It's very difficult to make "friends" now without worrying about being reported for this and that..heck, no chat..no friends :o

I no longer chat for these reasons...and for some reason, Pogo just isn't that much fun anymore.  :o  I love this forum though..always a laugh and a smile.

Thanks Pogo Cheat (ers)  ;)

Tara

Screw talking in Pogo. I just come here and let loose.  :pp

kgansor

Quote from: Tara on July 28, 2006, 04:09:22 PM

hehe thats the best thing you can do, at least ppl here listen and sometimes care lol  :)))

EyeCu

If you go to the uncensored rooms you can say whatever tah hell yah want :D

crazy_

Quote from: EyeCu on July 28, 2006, 04:11:16 PM
If you go to the uncensored rooms you can say whatever tah hell yah want :D

not worth the risk .. I just shut up and let uncle play  :)))

Tara

Quote from: Krissy*Kitty on July 28, 2006, 04:10:33 PM
Quote from: Tara on July 28, 2006, 04:09:22 PM

hehe thats the best thing you can do, at least ppl here listen and sometimes care lol  :)))

You got that right..Turn your auto on and go on about your business.

nightperson

Quote from: Tori on July 28, 2006, 01:27:26 PM
I wish people and Pogo could be like the good ol days...was a place to play, make friends and chat. I can't understand why "club pogo members" are now so ready to report anyone for any little thing said. That sucks. I've never reported anyone before for any reason. I think the people who report need to get a life ...there are so many other options..i.e. using the mute button, changing rooms or heck just turn their chat off.

It's very difficult to make "friends" now without worrying about being reported for this and that..heck, no chat..no friends :o

I no longer chat for these reasons...and for some reason, Pogo just isn't that much fun anymore.  :o  I love this forum though..always a laugh and a smile.

i love it here better i just getting my ranks have not been here for while i come and and read and reply and back to the ranks i dont ever talk in pogo anymore not less a friend come in then we go private

Jewel

Quote from: Tori on July 28, 2006, 01:27:26 PM

I agree with you...I miss the good ole days, it isn't nearly as much fun now that we have to worry about every little thing that we say.

hades

lol tonight in bowling i got four straight 200+ games and was accused of cheating by this crybaby. lol i told him off and he left the room.  ;D

foxx

Quote from: hades on July 29, 2006, 08:54:22 PM
lol tonight in bowling i got four straight 200+ games and was accused of cheating by this crybaby. lol i told him off and he left the room.  ;D

Punkin?  You do realize you are lucky, right?

Good work, though...

hades

thank you...and i was actually playing tho.i got all my progress in bowling by hand.

foxx

Quote from: hades on July 30, 2006, 08:54:36 AM
thank you...and i was actually playing tho.i got all my progress in bowling by hand.

You're welcome...

...by hand?  I dunno how to do that anymore.   :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview