PlayBuddy
May 05, 2024, 05:01:58 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Temporarily Suspended?? Please allow me to vent....

Started by denise8593,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

aussie_wombat

HI!!

Some very helpful person reported me and my friend for using words and language they considered to be offensive or they didn't understand. 

The sad truth is that this person only reported us because we were talking in our native lingo and they not understand a thing we were saying. My friend and I are from Australia and we have our own way of talking.  No swear words are used and we have a lot of slang words in our chats (dog and bone = telephone) and such like. 

We both got email from pogo warning us about our so called bad language.  We both emailed back to pogo telling them about the incident and that was the last we heard about it.

So now my Aussie friends and I don't chat in pogo at all any more and use outside messenger services to chat while we play.  We have all put in our profiles that we NEVER chat and NEVER have the chat turned on anyhow.

harley89

Aussie you have brought up the one thing i find most unsettling on Pogo. While I never chat I do sometimes keep chat on just to see whats being said. I am seeing more and more people getting all bent because people are chatting in a native language.  And I am not sure Pogo understands any of it.  I usually find 2 or 3 people chatting say in German. It just totally sends the whack jobs over the edge. It appears a large number of people don't understand World Wide Web.  Pogo is a international community each as equals if someone is chatting in a native language and using regional terms ticked off players need to get over it and Pogo needs to have a firm handle of native languages and regional terms.  In your case Pogo was way off base and needs to learn more if they are going to run a international game site. i down step off my soap box. Todays rant is over

PogoHatesKristy

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 15, 2008, 09:35:06 PM
I've seen people discussing being beta testers... isn't that a no-no?  I've seen people discussing glitches... no-no?  Discussing cheats....?  You get the point... there are more things you CANNOT discuss than there are things you CAN discuss.  Best to just close the chat and play with bots.  I even have a little disclaimer in my pogo profile that basically says young kids use my account so chat is closed. 
O0
i have the same disclaimer!

BadgeBabe

Yep, I have a notice in my profile that says a teen plays on the account, esp. at night and no chat is forthcoming. I'm thinking of changing that, since a woman in Pogo Bowl called me a freaking Bot and saying " This account belongs to a Bot which lacks language skills". J/k.

disneyland lady

I also have something in my profile but then do you really expect someone rude enough to post something like that to have had the brain function to have looked before they leaped? The thing that has not been brought up is what can happen to the others in a conversation when one has been suspended. I had a friend who was given a warning because someone had violated the TOS with language and thinking she was United Nations had defended the party trying to defuse it with "but I am sure it will not happen again". My friend now has a warning on HER record "after reviewing the incident" and it changed her friendly ways. While I think this is a good thing regarding her chat on Pogo - others are very sad to have lost such a sweetie in the chatrooms.

My suggestion to anyone dealing with suspension is deal with it - learn from it. My suggestion with losing your badges is fight like hell. I would tell EA that until they have a way for me to save my entire chat (as in AIM or Messenger, etc.) they cannot give me a "true" copy of what was said - only "their" version. I know for a fact that Pogo is about REVENUE and EA will buckle with threats to BBB and calling the media, especially Redwood City, or Los Angeles where they have 3 studios.  :;

disneyland lady insane diego

raine56

I just never chat anymore.  I sometimes have it turned on but never join in.  Too risky with all the loons on the site.  The most harmless statement can be reported and as pogo always seems to support the reporter its not worth it.  They should start penalising people who report constantly without a real cause and maybe they would think before the hit the report button.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview