Pogo Slots : Win 18000 coins this week! [Download Cheat]
Cookie Connect : Serve 70 customers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Adding Memory to computer

Started by oldlady,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: bubbleup on April 17, 2009, 01:27:26 PM
thank you very much Homer..I could use the help selecting one when some extra funds appear

Let me know and I'll give you a hand.

Until then, try some of these ideas to clear some space for you. if you are worried you might delete something by accident backup your hard drive and create a restore point

1. Fire up Windows' Disk Cleanup.
Double-click My Computer, right-click the icon for your C: drive, and choose Properties. Then click the Disk Cleanup button.

Windows will show you a list of types of deletable files, along with the space that can be reclaimed from each. Highlight each category for an explanation of what will be swept away, and check the ones you want cleaned out. Then click OK. Windows will ask you to confirm your choice, and then it will delete the files for you.

2. Remove unused applications.
The longer you use Windows, the more likely you are to fill up your hard drive with applications that you rarely use. To see what you've installed, go to disk cleanup and click Clean up in the 'Installed programs' section of the More Options tab.

In Windows 98 and Me, you'll go to the Add/Remove Program Properties screen. Highlight the program you want to delete, and click the Add/Remove button.

Windows XP gives you more information when you click each application, including how often you use it and how much space it occupies. To remove each application, choose it, click Change, and then follow the directions.

3. Delete restore points.
In Windows Me and XP--though not in 98--the system stores settings you can use to "go back" if a system change causes problems. If you do a lot of installing and uninstalling, you'll have many restore points taking up space. To delete all but the most recent one, click Clean up under System Restore on the More Options tab.

4. Adjust your browser cache.
Internet Explorer and other browsers cache Web pages you've accessed. To limit the size of this cache, right-click the Internet Explorer icon and choose Properties. On the General tab, click the Settings button under 'Temporary Internet files'. Decrease the 'Amount of disk space to use' value.

5.Finish up.
Make sure all of the deleted files are gone. Empty your Recycle Bin. Finally, defragment each of your hard drives. To do this, open My Computer, right-click the drive icon, and choose Properties. Choose the Tools tab, and click Defragment Now.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

I need to get in touch with Dell and find out if my 3 year old Dell Desktop requires Dell RAM. Likely does, which kinda sorta totally irks me.

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 17, 2009, 03:21:02 PM
I need to get in touch with Dell and find out if my 3 year old Dell Desktop requires Dell RAM. Likely does, which kinda sorta totally irks me.

Don't believe them. The only thing to be concerned about is if your pc is still under warranty non-dell memory could void your warranty. If it's no longer under warranty buy generic memory. I do all the time. If you need help finding some let me know. It's much cheaper than Dell memory

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on April 17, 2009, 03:25:05 PM
Don't believe them. The only thing to be concerned about is if your pc is still under warranty non-dell memory could void your warranty. If it's no longer under warranty buy generic memory. I do all the time. If you need help finding some let me know. It's much cheaper than Dell memory

I still have another year on the warranty, so I would have to buy from them. It's not a huge issue, only a couple of the Pogo games close down from time to time due to insufficient memory.

Thanks! When the time is right I'll give you a holler... but while I have your attention...

Guess what I got in the mail today from QVC! Another prime rib. Yummmmmy stuff, H. Thanks for cluing me in.

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 17, 2009, 03:40:56 PM
I still have another year on the warranty, so I would have to buy from them. It's not a huge issue, only a couple of the Pogo games close down from time to time due to insufficient memory.

Thanks! When the time is right I'll give you a holler... but while I have your attention...

Guess what I got in the mail today from QVC! Another prime rib. Yummmmmy stuff, H. Thanks for cluing me in.

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Gonna make it for the NFL Draft next weekend.  turkey4.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on April 17, 2009, 03:47:08 PM
I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Gonna make it for the NFL Draft next weekend.  turkey4.gif
I was going to cook it for my b-day dinner next week, but instead I'm saving it for Mother's Day.  cheerleading.gif 

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 17, 2009, 03:40:56 PM

I immediately went over to the meats at QVC on taxday when they had free shipping cuz they really jack the shipping on meats but they were not included in the free shipping fest. I did get some of my favorite Prindable Candy Apples.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on April 18, 2009, 04:11:34 AM
I immediately went over to the meats at QVC on taxday when they had free shipping cuz they really jack the shipping on meats but they were not included in the free shipping fest. I did get some of my favorite Prindable Candy Apples.

Yeah, shipping on the meat is way high but it's all packaged well and 2 day because it's perishable.

I LOVE Mrs. Prindable Candy Apples. We gave away the Prindable Pretzels to the kids my husband teaches at church as well has his Boy Scout kids. Everyone loved them.

disneyland lady

I am having a memory problem keeping on topic.    embarrassed.gif

Stinkerbell

bubbleup

Thanks Homer for your ideas on freeing up more space. I couldn't find the clean up option for system restore, but there was an option to turn it off and then turn it back on when I choose. It shot up 3GB when I did so for the time being I am content and grateful for your help  cheesy.gif

Stinkerbell

Homer

Quote from: bubbleup on April 18, 2009, 10:26:10 PM
Thanks Homer for your ideas on freeing up more space. I couldn't find the clean up option for system restore, but there was an option to turn it off and then turn it back on when I choose. It shot up 3GB when I did so for the time being I am content and grateful for your help  cheesy.gif

Your welcome. That puts you around 50% free on your HD

bubbleup

sorry If I am beating this topic to death but I really don't know anyone with computer knowledge. Anyway things are remaining steady with my disc space which is a big relief! I haven't been to you tube or played deluxe games since I regained more disc space.. I was just wondering if either one of these was a factor in draining my hard drive.  popcorn2.gif

Homer

Youtube is fine because you aren't downloading anything to your pc

The deluxe games won't affect the drive space much unless you plan on installing a ton of them.

bubbleup

Thanks Homer...maybe buying that memory helped with something who knows..just trying to figure it out so I don't repeat it!  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview