PlayBuddy
May 06, 2024, 11:53:12 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hockey East Playoffs 2009

Started by Joe C,

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C

Tomorrow is the semi-finals of the Hockey East Playoffs from the TD Banknorth Center in Boston.

At 5:00, UMass-Lowell takes on Northeastern.

At 8:00, Boston College (boooooooooo) takes on Boston University in an old-school grudge match.

Boston College, last year's NCAA champion, needs to win this tournament to go back to the NCAA tournament. BU and Northeastern have a strong enough record to make it in the tournament no matter what happens. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Monkey

Quote from: Joe C on March 19, 2009, 08:14:45 PM
Boston University
Gooooooooooooooo BU! cheesy.gif dancing16.gif fan2.gif

Go BU, Go BU!
Sing her praises loud and true!
We'll fight for our alma mater
On to sure victory!
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Go BU, Go BU!
Down the ice to score anew!
Our hearts are with you as you meet the foe.
We hail you, Ole BU!
fan4.gif

I never really got into that whole BU vs BC thing though.  lipsrsealed.gif BU's my #1, but when they're not around (basketball  zipper.gif ) BC's the only other team I cheer for. But I don't think I'll be cheering for them too long in basketball this year either unless they surprise me and are actually around for more than 1 game. sad.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Monkey on March 19, 2009, 10:25:33 PM
Gooooooooooooooo BU! cheesy.gif dancing16.gif fan2.gif

Go BU, Go BU!
Sing her praises loud and true!
We'll fight for our alma mater
On to sure victory!
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Go BU, Go BU!
Down the ice to score anew!
Our hearts are with you as you meet the foe.
We hail you, Ole BU!
fan4.gif

I never really got into that whole BU vs BC thing though.  lipsrsealed.gif BU's my #1, but when they're not around (basketball  zipper.gif ) BC's the only other team I cheer for. But I don't think I'll be cheering for them too long in basketball this year either unless they surprise me and are actually around for more than 1 game. sad.gif
Well, when I was a young undergraduate at BU, I went to many a Beanpot and got to "interact" with the BC students. That sealed the deal for me. Going to games afterwards as an adult and working with BC Alumni further cemented it.

I love cheering "That's our Beanpot!" most years.
It is like Florida/Georgia in football or Louisville/Kentucky in basketball. It is the big rivalry. cheerleading.gif

Joe C

In the opening game, Northeastern held a late 2-1 lead, before they had a brain fart. They were penalized for "Too Many Men on the Ice".

UMass-Lowell capitalized with less than a minute to play, making it 2-2 and scored in overtime to win 3-2.

In the nightcap, Boston College and Boston University played a tight game. BC took a 1-0 lead in the second period. In the third period, BU erupted for three goals in 0:44 seconds. A late goal by BC made it a 3-2 final score, Boston University knocking out Boston College.

Northeastern awaits selection Sunday, when it probably gets a 2-seed in the NCAA tournament. Boston College will not get into the NCAA tournament, ending its chances to defend last years's NCAA championship.

UMass-Lowell and Boston University play tonight for the Hockey East championship. BU is assured of the overall number one seed in the NCAA no matter what happens. UMass-Lowell is on the bubble. Winner gets an automatic bid.

Homer

James vanRiemsdyk needs to stop playing with the children at UNH and get his ass in a Flyers uniform  swear2.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on March 21, 2009, 08:02:22 AM
James vanRiemsdyk needs to stop playing with the children at UNH and get his ass in a Flyers uniform  swear2.gif
I watched the Flyers kick butt on the Sabres last night on the other TV in the bar.

Besides, UNH will be playing in the NCAA tournament next week. They could get eliminated on Friday and then you could get him.

Tara

Joe C

Joe C

Boston University wins the Hockey East Championship 1-0 over UMass-Lowell. Now, it is on to the NCAA tournament selection on Sunday, to confirm that BU gets the number one overall seed and will be placed in the East Regional, Manchester, NH. beer11.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on March 21, 2009, 08:02:22 AM
After Boston University eliminated UNH from the NCAA tournament, he went pro. Enjoy watching him while I watch BU go for the NCAA championship.

Homer

Quote from: Joe C on April 03, 2009, 06:31:07 AM
After Boston University eliminated UNH from the NCAA tournament, he went pro. Enjoy watching him while I watch BU go for the NCAA championship.

About time. Now it's time to play for a real trophy and not a smelly pot of beans

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on April 03, 2009, 07:23:04 AM
About time. Now it's time to play for a real trophy and not a smelly pot of beans
Well, I know that Chris Drury has won the Beanpot, the Hockey East Championship, the NCAA Frozen Four and the Stanley Cup. He was the winning pitcher in the Little League World Series, too.

Sounds good enough for me. tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview