PlayBuddy
May 20, 2024, 05:08:13 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baltimore police officer suspended

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Baltimore police officer suspended after pulling gun on Halloween haunted house character

After pulling his gun on a haunted house character over the weekend, a Baltimore city police officer has been suspended and charged with assault.

Haunted house employee, Michael Morrison, 32, was scaring patrons dressed as Leatherface, the killer from the cult classic horror movie, 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.' He approached Sgt. Eric Janik, 36, outside the House of Screams in Essex for "one last scream," which did not sit well with the officer, according to WBALTV.

Morrison's eagerness was met with Janik pointing his loaded service weapon at Morrison's chest.

"I was doing my normal scene at the haunted house, and as I was going out the backdoor with the chainsaw, the officer pulled his gun on me. Basically, he put his gun to my chest and as I was going back in, he said he was a cop," Morrison told WBAL. The haunted house worker also noted that chainsaw he carries is not dangerous, as the chain has been removed.

Janik was with his 9-year-old daughter and four others on Sunday's haunted house tour and denies pointing the loaded gun at Morrison. Instead, Janik told police his daughter "may have been pulled on his shirt and accidentally showed it."

According to police, when authorities approached the officer, they noticed an odor of alcohol indicating Janik may have been drunk.

Janik joined the force in 1995 and has been suspended without pay pending a hearing. He has also been charged with assault and reckless endangerment, and was released on $25,000 bail.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Mayhem on October 28, 2009, 07:51:39 PM
Janik was with his 9-year-old daughter and four others on Sunday's haunted house tour and denies pointing the loaded gun at Morrison. Instead, Janik told police his daughter "may have been pulled on his shirt and accidentally showed it."

Yeah, blaming it on your children really makes you exempt from the  'father of the year' award.

roadwarrior

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview