This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Pogo Slots : Win 18000 coins this week! [Download Cheat]
Cookie Connect : Serve 70 customers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Web Hosting

Started by badcrazygirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Here, I'll get you started. ;D This link will explain things better than me and might help you along the way.

Go to:

http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles2/best-banner-networks.htm

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

badcrazygirl

No u weren't and i am looking in to it also i am taking computer apps 1. Witch prob aint gonna tell me much about the internet ty for ure help. :-*

Homer

badcrazygirl

Okay ty John for ure help and ty for mentioning Banner ads i'll give it a shot

Homer

fatkid

If you have money to put down for hosting you can make a lot more money than w/ banner ads... Takes more money to make more money... With hosting what you do is buy a BIG chunk of bandwidth and space on some server somewhere (say 500 gigs upload/download a month and say 250 gigs of hard space a month; this is just an example)... Then what you do is pay for that bandwidth in bulk... So lets just throw a number out... Say 100 bucks a month for that deal (the real stuff is MUCH MORE expensive)... Now what you do is advertise that you can host websites... You tell people that you can host their website with 10 gigs ul/dl and 5 gigs of hard space for 20 bucks a month... So you sell 50 accounts @ $20 a month... In turn you make $1000 a month... Yes, you can make plenty of money doing hosting, but it is no walk in the park... You have to know a lot about the internet and how it works... HTML, PHP, Perl, MySQL, mail servers, and a slew of other IT related languages and processes...

If you can create some site that generates LOTS of traffic (as John explained) then banners can make you a bit of money... But if you have the know-how and the upfront cash hosting can make you lots more (but you have to work it almost as much as a full time job)...

Homer

Yup. Takes alot of work and resources. Not the easiest thing in the world. ;)

fatkid

http://www.delri.net/hosting.html

Here is Klaue's web hosting company (i believe he runs this...)
Just scroll down to hosting options to find the costs for being a web hoster...

JeffCoKid

Klaue has a great web hosting plan... except for what I was wanting lol... He has ASP extensions enabled... but not the ASP Scripting.

Other than that, I think Klaue has one heck of a deal.

fatkid

Yeah I gotta agree I think the plans are really well priced...   :D

fatkid

Homer

fatkid

http://www.datejesus.com/

No... Doesn't look like he's hosting websites... But he is seeking a loving woman... I love this website... It cracks me up everytime I go through the whole thing...  ;D

This is my favorite quote: (from the Bathe with Jesus link)

"In most cases Jesus will be available and eager to speak to you about spirituality if desired. If you are not spiritual, Jesus will share a beer and pleasant existential banter.

How can you win? Inquire within by telling a little about yourself and why you'd make a good bathing partner for Jesus.

You must be 18 or older to enter. Shower can be exchanged for bubble bath upon request."

Homer

Oh boy ::) Some people have too much time on their hands. I remember a few years ago there was a guy they called walking Jesus. He was walking all over the US telling people he was Jesus. He looked like him. Wonder if it might be same person.

fatkid

Don't know about that, but apparently Jesus supports the NRA and the band Slayer...   ;D  Wow what a guy... But I mean I guess it makes sense Jesus supports the NRA...  Moses (aka Charlton Heston) is the president of the NRA... So it only makes sense that the son of Moses' God would be a supporter his organization...  ::)

Homer

Let me guess. Your a conspiracy theorist. :P

fatkid

Oh gosh don't even start with me on that one...
I WILL go on for hours at a time...
We could just start a whole new Topic Group, entitled, The FatKid's Conspiracy Theories...

Here is my first conspiracy...  :P
http://www.google-watch.org

Homer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview