PlayBuddy
May 07, 2024, 07:46:36 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

canasta cards disappearing again-finally pogo admit there is a problem!!

Started by philinuk,

Previous topic - Next topic

philinuk

pogo has finally admitted they have a problem with canasta with disappearing cards,which since pogos shutdown today has got considerably worse,here is their repsonse:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Pogo.com Technical Support.

Our engineers are looking into the issue of disappearing cards in Canasta. We think that it may be related to anti-virus, firewall, or some other third party software. We hope to have a fix within the next few weeks. Although your results might vary, in the mean time you may want to try disabling any non-essential software that may be running on your system.

In Windows 98/ME you can click and hold CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons once to get the Close Program window to appear. The only processes you need for normal system operation are Systray and Explorer. Anything else listed could be interfering with the games ability to run properly.

In Windows XP you can click and hold CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons once to get the Task Manager window to appear.

Here is a list of the most common essential processes running on most systems.

csrss.exe
explorer.exe
iexplore.exe
Lsass.exe
Rnaapp.exe
rundll32.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
System
System Idle Process
taskmgr.exe
winlogon.exe
wscntfy.exe
wmiprvse.exe

You can try disabling the other processes listed one at a time until you are able to play. You should not lose internet connectivity or basic computer functionality. Keep in mind that when you restart your computer the processes will start again unless you configure them not to. Anything listed that is Firewall or Anti-virus related has a very good chance of being the cause of the problem. You can temporarily disable the processes listed by clicking on them in the list and then click the End Process or Club Program button.

blah blah blah,well at least they have admitted they have a problem with it at last,now if they could sort out the sound in lottso also i for one would be a happy bunny ;D

Janadra

Interestingly, I think they are wrong in their analysis of what is causing the problem.  I have none of those programs, short of the firewall built in to my router...and I have had that problem in canasta for as long as I can remember.

homelessdog

Quote from: Janadra on April 05, 2005, 03:59:55 PM
Interestingly, I think they are wrong in their analysis of what is causing the problem.  I have none of those programs, short of the firewall built in to my router...and I have had that problem in canasta for as long as I can remember.
I think you misread their notice.  The programs they listed are ones that do not cause problems.  It's anything else running, outside of that list, that might cause problems.  The firewall that you said you have on your router, is what they think is causing the problem.  They might be right.  Firewalls also cause problems with Jigsaw Detective. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview