PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 07:57:28 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

recipes from babygurl424

Started by babygurl424,

Previous topic - Next topic

babygurl424

Hershey's White Chip Brownies

4 eggs
1 1/4 c sugar
1 stick butter, melted
2 ts vanilla
1 1/3 c all purpose flour
2/3 c hershey cocoa
1 ts baking powder
1/2 ts salt
12 oz package white chocolate chips

heat oven to 350. grease 13X9 pan. beat eggs in large bowl until foamy; gradually beat in sugar. add butter and vanilla; beat till blended. in a seperate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture, beating till blended. stir in white chips and spread batter into prepared pan. bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies to begin to pull away from pan. cool completely in pan on wire rack.

PS- they are VERY yummy!!!  O0

babygurl424

Sonora Chicken Casserole

1 pkg chicken flavor stuffing
1 cup hot water
1/2 stick butter, cut into pieces
1 12oz jar salsa
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
3 cups cooked chicken
2 tb sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack/cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350.  Mix contents of seasoning packet with water and butter in a 2 qt casserole dish and stir to melt the butter.  Add stuffing crumbs and 1/2 cup of the salsa and stir it just enough to moisten the crumbs.  Spread evenly in casserole dish.  Layer the corn and then the chicken over the stuffing.  Mix remaining salsa with sour cream and spoon it over the chicken.  Sprinkle with cheese and bake 30 minutes.

babygurl424

Hungarian Barley Stew

2 tb vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds stew cubes
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 28oz can whole tomatoes, undrained
3 cups water
2/3 cup pearled barley
1 tb sugar
1 tb paprika
2 tsp salt
sour cream

In a 4 qt saucepan heat oil.  Add meat, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender.  Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT sour cream and mix well.  Cover and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, uncover and simmer about 1 hour or until meat and barley are tender, stirring occasionally.  Put sour cream on individual servings and serve.

*I put the sour cream on the stew then mix it all together (in the individaul servings i mean)..its very good!!*

Mary

babygurl424

your welcome..i have a few more..as soon as i dig through my recipes/cookbooks and find them i'll post them

CindyLouWho

zzigzzag

thanks! I'll stick these in my "online recipes"...lol

babygurl424

ok people..here are some more recipes..sorry it took me so long to post more but have been busy looking for the recipes  :)

Chicken Breasts Supreme

1 4 oz pkg dried beef
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 slices bacon, halved
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream

Rinse beef to remove salt and place in a 9x13 pan.  Halve chicken breasts and place over beef.  Place bacon on chicken and bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.  Combine soup and sour cream and stir over low heat until blended.  Pour mixture over chicken and bake for another 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Broccoli Salad

3 bunches raw broccoli, cut into little pieces
1 lb bacon, fried, drained, and crumbled
1 sweet onion
1 8 oz pkg mozzerella cheese
1 8 oz pkg cheddar cheese
Dressing for salad
1 cup mayo
squirt of yellow mustard
2 tbsp sugar or sweetener
1 tbsp white vinegar

Mix salad together and add dressing and let sit overnight.

Spinach Casserole

2 pkgs chopped spinach, cooked and drained
mix together:
1 lb small curd cottage cheese
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 eggs, well beaten
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste

Add spinach to mixture and pour into a greased casserole dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes

*Now to you people out there that DON'T like spinach (and i am one of them) this tastes NOTHING like spinach!!*

ok, those were my regular food dishes, gonna post again with desserts..

babygurl424

ok, here are the desserts...

Linda's Dessert

2 envelopes dream whip, prepard according to directions
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tbsp melted butter
1 lrg and 1 small pkg of cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 can cherry pie filling

Mix butter with graham cracker crumbs to moisten and press into a 13x9 pan.  Mix remaining ingredients together and place on top of crumb mixture.  Place cherry pie filling on top and chill for 1 hour.

Banana Split Cake

6 tbsp melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 lb butter
4 bananas
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 box dream whip, prepared
chopped nuts
maraschino cherries

Mix 6 tbsp melted butter and graham cracker crumbs to moisten and press in a 13x9 pan.  Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, eggs, and 1/4 lb butter in mixer and beat 10 minutes; spread over crust.  Slice the bananas long ways and place on filling mixture.  Cover the bananas with the can of pineapple and dream whip.  Top with the nuts and cherries and chill 1 hour.

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

1 stick shortening (DO NOT use butter or margarine)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup cooking oil

Bring to a boil in a large pan.  Take off the heat and add mixture to the following ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Stir until well mixed.  Pour into a well greased and floured jellyroll pan.  Batter will be very thin.  Bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes.

Peanut Butter Frosting

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter

Cook over medium heat until ingredients come to a full boil.  Remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 lb powdered sugar.  Beat until well blended.  Frost the slightly cooled cake.

Cherry Cream Sweetheart Cake

1 strawberry or cherry cake mix
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice from concentrate
1 tsp vanilla
1 4oz container cool whip, thawed
1 21oz can cherry pie filling, chilled

Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare cake mix as per package directions.  Place batter into 3 well greased and floured 9" round layer cake pans.  Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool layers completely.  Meanwhile, in large mixer bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.  Fold in cool whip.  Chill at least 1 hour.  Layer cake and frosting mix and then frost cake with remaining frosting.  Place pie filling on top of cake and store cake in refrigerator.  *This is a VERY good, ooey, gooey cake*

Ok all..here they are..hope you enjoy them!!!

tigereyes

Banana Split Cake

6 tbsp melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 lb butter
4 bananas
chopped nuts
maraschino cherries

Mix 6 tbsp melted butter and graham cracker crumbs to moisten and press in a 13x9 pan.  Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, eggs, and 1/4 lb butter in mixer and beat 10 minutes; spread over crust.  Slice the bananas long ways and place on filling mixture.  Cover the bananas with the can of pineapple and dream whip.  Top with the nuts and cherries and chill 1 hour.

Mmmm this sounds yummy!

nightperson

Bree

All of the recipes sound so good and mouth watering.  I hope to try some real soon.   spg.gif

PunkInDrublic

thanks for posting the banana split cake recipe  O0 My mom used to make this all the time... totally forgot about it until I saw this post... looks like I'm grocery shopping tomorrow  :)

babygurl424

your welcome everyone..getting some more together and they will be posted soon...

nightperson

Quote from: babygurl424 on February 20, 2006, 12:20:33 PM
ok, here are the desserts...

Linda's Dessert

2 envelopes dream whip, prepard according to directions
6 tbsp melted butter
1 lrg and 1 small pkg of cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 can cherry pie filling

Mix butter with graham cracker crumbs to moisten and press into a 13x9 pan.  Mix remaining ingredients together and place on top of crumb mixture.  Place cherry pie filling on top and chill for 1 hour.

Banana Split Cake

6 tbsp melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 lb butter
4 bananas
chopped nuts
maraschino cherries

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

1 stick shortening (DO NOT use butter or margarine)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup cooking oil

Bring to a boil in a large pan.  Take off the heat and add mixture to the following ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Stir until well mixed.  Pour into a well greased and floured jellyroll pan.  Batter will be very thin.  Bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes.

Peanut Butter Frosting

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter

Cook over medium heat until ingredients come to a full boil.  Remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 lb powdered sugar.  Beat until well blended.  Frost the slightly cooled cake.

Cherry Cream Sweetheart Cake

1 strawberry or cherry cake mix
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice from concentrate
1 tsp vanilla
1 4oz container cool whip, thawed
1 21oz can cherry pie filling, chilled

Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare cake mix as per package directions.  Place batter into 3 well greased and floured 9" round layer cake pans.  Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool layers completely.  Meanwhile, in large mixer bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.  Fold in cool whip.  Chill at least 1 hour.  Layer cake and frosting mix and then frost cake with remaining frosting.  Place pie filling on top of cake and store cake in refrigerator.  *This is a VERY good, ooey, gooey cake*

Ok all..here they are..hope you enjoy them!!!

i have written down and going to fix tomorrow night i cant wait sounds really good

nightperson

the family loved it ty for the fix it was really simply and easy  :-*

babygurl424

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview