PlayBuddy
June 13, 2024, 05:09:36 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Letters to the Editor

Started by notmypogoname,

Previous topic - Next topic

notmypogoname

LOL - I just read this over at pogo and didn't see it posted here.  Sorry if it already was and I missed it.

QuotePlaying Dirty in QWERTY!

I had only been playing a couple of days, and some guy accused me of cheating and "stomped out of the game."

I was outraged, because I wouldn't cheat and don't know what made him think I had. Now I notice that cheating is a frequent subject of conversation.

Do you think people are really sitting at the keyboard w/a dictionary, or is it sour grapes from those who can't admit there are better players than they are?

Is it rare, or as widespread as it seems to be?!

Editor: It could certainly be a bit of both. There are people who use programs to cheat, and there are people who have a hard time admitting that there are better players themselves. When I'm playing QWERTY and I am playing against someone who's making long words that I've never heard of and doing it quickly, I will ask them to define the word. If they can define it, I trust that I'm playing a pro and accept inevitable defeat. If they say something like "Oh, uh... my girlfriend told me to use that word." I will finish the game and find another player.

I had someone ask me to define a word I used, so I told her what it was, and she asked me if I had a dictionary there with me.  I said, "No, do you want me to go get one?"  LOL.  People get mighty serious about their rated QWERTY games! 

janet

I find this really strange.  If these players ever played Wordjong, Wordwhomp or WWW, they know that Pogo has a lot of their own words. Example:  ess, esc and so on.  Let someone put one of those words in there and ask them what the "blank" that means. 

Just tell them it is something that you remembered from one of those games.  Say "Pogo word", go figure.  Too bad there are people out there like that.  Maybe Pogo should give an attitude test before they let people sign up.  Keep up the good work stomping their hinies.  O0

notmypogoname

Half the people playing QWERTY in rated games are just stringing letters together and seeing if they'll be accepted anyway.  It drives me crazy to sit there and wait while they try out every combination they can think of.  I'm tempted to tell them to go to anagrammer.   :P  But I'm used to playing Scrabble with my dad who knows every word in the English language... lol.

bubblegum

I remember a lot of words from my college level english classes..thats how I'm able to play qwerty.  But please don't ask me what they mean, that part been long forgotten..lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview