This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pinochle

Started by DGL,

Previous topic - Next topic

DGL

does anyone know the best way to get to master rating in pinochle?..i take it the sit/stand doesnt work,,,,ive used 2 browsers with a friend who has done the same but my rating is low expert now and the points gained from a 1500 name are not very much..what is the best game to play 100. 150 .250 .500?..i know that the bigger the game (500) the more points you get.. any feedback will be much appreciated  8)

Commander_Powell

A fresh name starts at 1500...  ;)

I got mine by using SmartExplorer.  Great program.  Well worth the $14.99 for the full version.  Also, I got it last holiday season when Pogo was offering the 14 day guest passes, with no credit card required.  Wonder when they'll do that again?  With those guest passes, I had more than enough ringers to get the badge.

A few points...

I set all of the games up for the lowest amount, (100).  I never noticed any difference in the number of rank points that were awarded for a win, and if you get a lucky deal, you can win the game in one hand.

Keep in mind that the higher your rank goes, the less rank points you get for a win against lower ranked players.  Your best bet is to try to take a single 'ringer' with you as you go up in rank, so that your rank is about equal with them.  That's what I did.  Then when we got up to about 1875, I started playing against that ringer, and it sort of helped to even things out a bit.  Still took a while, but I was going for the Pinochle badges anyway (still am), so it didn't really matter to me...

Motley

Smart Explorer is the way to go if you only have one computer...if you have AOL for Broadband then you are really in luck because you won't have to worry about guest passes.  I'm still working on the last ratings badge for this game, as I have no patience for Pinochle and having to play four hands of it at once is sheer torture.  Good luck in getting those badges!!

smiles29

well i finally got my master badge last week.  i found 3 other people around the same rating as me and we took turns getting the badges.  it took about 3 nites to do me with a 1951 rating and they at a 1891 rating.  but what i did to get that high was used 2 computers and double browsed on both.  i put partners on the same puter and it made it a little less confusing but still very time consuming.  what i did was use 4 guest passes and built 2 of them up for about 3 and a half to 4 days and then on the fourth and fifth day played the higher rated ones against me and a friends account.  it takes total dedication for 5 days but it can b done.  i went up about 80 rating points in a 5 day period.  it takes time and dedication but it is well worth it in the end.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview