This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Going Down

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Pogo server going down in ten minutes. No indication when it will be up again. :'(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

jtp11678

dont cry john lol maybe they'll do thier jobs for once and fix something

Homer

Yeah...like give me back my ranks you little !@#$% LOL :P

jtp11678

maybe if you close your eyes john and wish real hard they'll give your ranks back lmao

kotraquin

WAAAAAAAA :'(
I need my fix of tokens, I'll sell my old teddy bear!

Homer

jtp11678

pogo still is working for me lol its on life support but i still got a room to open and stay that way i dont get how rooms can be closed but people stiil in them though..........

Raine

This is how they answer the question concerning lost stats. I think we all still remember the major problems some people had with World Class Solitare stats though... :-X

Where are my Ratings? Where are my Stats?

Answer:
    Pogo is experiencing some temporary problems right now with ratings, progress and stats. We are working on solving this problem as you read this. You will get your statistics back, but any games you play now will probably not count towards your ratings/stats. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Homer

Raine

EA being the big company it is, you know they have the money for better servers.....Sometimes I wish, well most of the time I wish EA had never bought pogo...Doesn't seem like there were as many errors and meltdowns pre EA.

Homer

Well, if I'm not mistaken there was no subscription service to the site until EA got involved. Everything used to be free.

bob@pogopal

Given that a quarter million people hit their servers at the same time for several hours every night and that they are pursuing a fairly aggressive schedule of new game releases, I have to commend EA on the good job they are doing.

I hope the subscription service proves very profitable for EA, because I would like to see Pogo stay around for a very long time.

Besides, I would not be at all surprised to find out the recent problems are related to some script kiddie and a DDOS attack. EA's main homepage was down this morning too.

Element

Quote from: bob@pogopal on March 26, 2004, 08:30:55 PM
I hope the subscription service proves very profitable for EA, because I would like to see Pogo stay around for a very long time.

oh yea their making BIG profit, a few months ago they had 40,000 club members, but notice they took that down quick cause they dont want to show how much money their keeping for theyselves now do they..an that was months ago i cant imagine how much that number has grown by now lol. I cant believe they were actually slow enough to show everyone their club member user count ::)

bob@pogopal

Hi Notel,

I guess my definition of big profit and your definition of big profit are different. 40,000 members would only bring them 1.2 million in annual fees, which is not enough to pay a fulltime staff of 10 people to develop and maintain the games.

Given the quality of the games and the aggressive release schedules, I expect they have more than 10 people working on them. At only 40,000 subscriptions, I think they would have a loss and not a profit.

Homer

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think their ultimate goal is no free accounts. We'll see I guess.

Element

Quote from: bob@pogopal on March 27, 2004, 08:06:32 AM
Hi Notel,

I guess my definition of big profit and your definition of big profit are different. 40,000 members would only bring them 1.2 million in annual fees, which is not enough to pay a fulltime staff of 10 people to develop and maintain the games.

Given the quality of the games and the aggressive release schedules, I expect they have more than 10 people working on them. At only 40,000 subscriptions, I think they would have a loss and not a profit.

well w/e

ImRicherThanUAll

im never buying club again... like the non club pogo

jtp11678

UGH! pogos going down again @4:58 central time kinda makes if hard to run an auto while i sleep lmao oh well i got plenty of tokies to make it tell tomorrow ;D

on a side note BOB your crazy you think that they dont get paid by practicly every ISP out there? check out hearts.pogo.com for a list not to mention all the f**king advertisers they got! besides even if they had 10 people maintianing the games @ the 1.2 mil you figured off of subscriptions, i think it would be a sweet job to get paid 120k for doing NOTHING yeah thats right they're lazy i said it lol

agressive game releases what 1 every 3 months lmao  :P

Homer

I think you may be underestimating how much it takes too run a site of pogo's size. I'm not saying they aren't making money but it probably isn't as much as you may think.

ImRicherThanUAll

there rich peices of poop they shouldnt have so much problems cuz they know its a big cite

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview