This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

6th Street Omaha Rising Star Badge

Started by BigByrd,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

How wonderful!  I am sure it was a thrilling experience for you both.  I remember when my daughter was born, pink as gum and how I felt when I first looked into those little blueberry eyes of hers.  I was instantly in awe of her.  She's 23 now and staring at me, wanting me to make her lunch.  Gee Christine Jeanette, didn't you eat just yesterday?  She said to me the other day, "I have a feeling that if I were a gerbil you would have devoured me at birth."  She giggled as she ran to her bedroom, which is 5 times the size of mine.  Yep yep children are great.

John_Cena_vs._HBK!

LOL I GOT MY RISING STAR BADGE AND KING OF THE TABLE BADGE IN 1 HAND ( MY 1ST OMAHA POKER HAND )! ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

avs1roy33

Welcome to the forum, John. Please do not post in all caps or split up your posts.

smiles29

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

BigByrd

Well I watched my friend get the Royal Lush Badge, and the four aces badge within about three hands of each other.

I guess I'm not that lucky.

truckers41

i  got the royal flush badge 2 times, but cant get the others  yet..am i doing  something wrong?

RC

Quote from: maxraven on June 28, 2005, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: John_Cena_vs._HBK! on June 28, 2005, 12:32:07 AM
LOL I GOT MY RISING STAR BADGE AND KING OF THE TABLE BADGE IN 1 HAND ( MY 1ST OMAHA POKER HAND )!

I know that this post is only a joke since it is impossible to get both 4 Aces (King of the Table) and a Royal Flush (Rising Star) in the same hand since a Royal Flush trumps 4 aces and poker only allows the highest hand to win. Besides, there is NO combination of hole cards and drawn cards that allows for both hands simultaneously. Nice try though... O0

That would be true, if you had the 2 badges correct.. but the Rising Star badge is not for the Royal Flush, the badge for that is the Royal Lush. The Rising Star is for being dealt 4 hole cards of the same rank. So, since the King of the Table badge is for getting 4 aces.. it is entirely possible, however unlikely, to be dealt 4 aces at the start, and hence get the badge for the 4 aces, as well as the 4 hole cards of the same rank, at the same time.

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Quote from: RC on June 29, 2005, 11:49:26 PM
Quote from: maxraven on June 28, 2005, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: John_Cena_vs._HBK! on June 28, 2005, 12:32:07 AM
LOL I GOT MY RISING STAR BADGE AND KING OF THE TABLE BADGE IN 1 HAND ( MY 1ST OMAHA POKER HAND )!

I know that this post is only a joke since it is impossible to get both 4 Aces (King of the Table) and a Royal Flush (Rising Star) in the same hand since a Royal Flush trumps 4 aces and poker only allows the highest hand to win. Besides, there is NO combination of hole cards and drawn cards that allows for both hands simultaneously. Nice try though... O0

That would be true, if you had the 2 badges correct.. but the Rising Star badge is not for the Royal Flush, the badge for that is the Royal Lush. The Rising Star is for being dealt 4 hole cards of the same rank. So, since the King of the Table badge is for getting 4 aces.. it is entirely possible, however unlikely, to be dealt 4 aces at the start, and hence get the badge for the 4 aces, as well as the 4 hole cards of the same rank, at the same time.

If you got the 4 aces badge you would have to have 2 aces in your hand and 2 on the table, and if you have 2 on the table then you couldn't have 4 in your hand.   Unless there is a trick that I don't know about.

RC

Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on June 30, 2005, 04:04:50 AM
Since the King of the table counts two cards from the hole, it is impossible to have 4 of a kind in the hole and then re-use two of them for another 4 of a kind. That would require at least six cards of the same rank in the deck.

Whoever posted that was lying to us.

OK, my bad.. I read the posts, and saw the one mistake of mis-identifying the Rising Star badge as the one for the Royal Flush, so then it got in my head that the whole thing was wrong and that it was possible to get 2 at once. I had forgotten that it was the Omaha game, and they only use 2 hole cards plus 3 from the table. Hey, it was almost 3am when I was going thru all that, so I can chalk some of it up to late night brain fry, right? And it was my first post after just joining here as well. Heck, there's so many poker games now it's hard to keep track which is which and which badges go where. Anyway.. thanks for correcting my mistake on my correction of the previous mistake.. I don't know if the original person who posted they got 2 on their first hand was deliberately lying or not, maybe it just seemed that way if they had gotten them both very quickly after just starting the game.. although I tend to think that is highly unlikely as well.

Adacia

Quote from: Whateva75 on July 18, 2005, 01:17:47 AM
Yay! I got the Rising Star Badge tonight. I finally got it and only took 6,976 hands.  ::)
Well done! That's my second favorite badge next to Master pinochle. Very nice accomplishment. I'm still working on the aces and flush badge myself.

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Quote from: Adric on July 18, 2005, 07:02:47 PM
Quote from: Whateva75 on July 18, 2005, 01:17:47 AM
Yay! I got the Rising Star Badge tonight. I finally got it and only took 6,976 hands.  ::)
Well done! That's my second favorite badge next to Master pinochle. Very nice accomplishment. I'm still working on the aces and flush badge myself.

Well adric I got that badge in 275 hands!!!  So is it still your faviorte LOL LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview