This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A mini petition??

Started by burning_bright25,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

You are cheating on me with other forum members already?

NotAdumbBlonde

Have my tickets for Phoenix already, going to visit a sick friend.  Will be with you first, and you ARE the best so don't worry  :-*

NotAdumbBlonde

Barbara

Dissed over festive buttery baked goods, sigh.

Betty Boop

better reason than being dumped for a man.........hahahahaha

RC

Quote from: bettyboop1958 on July 23, 2005, 08:43:32 PM
better reason than being dumped for a man.........hahahahaha

Saw your screenname.. was wondering if you've seen this article..

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Her ebony hair perfectly parted and saucer-like eyes perpetually staring, the life-size Betty Boop statue became a local landmark on the city's Shore Drive. But Sunday morning, a patron discovered the $1,600 figure a block away from its home in front of Cool & Eclectic Furniture and Fashion - without its head.

Six days later, the head remained missing.

"Without it, she's nothing," said store owner Larry Estes, who filed a police report Friday.

Estes collected Boop's body and placed it in a storeroom. Then he began searching up and down Shore Drive.

He is offering a free store item to anyone who comes forward with Boop's head.

"She's made a lot of people smile," he said of the mascot. "Who would do this?"

Betty has had run-ins before. Two years ago, Hurricane Isabel's winds tossed the statue down Shore Drive, severing limbs and crushing her head.

"From heel to head, I had to reconstruct her," Estes said.

>Sounds like a tough neighborhood for her to be doin that gig.

Betty Boop

no, i have not seen this article before....probably cause i live in phoenix az and we dont get much virginia news out here.......lol.......but thanks for sharing.........very interesting........a headless betty...ohhhhhhhh the horrors

RC

Quote from: bettyboop1958 on July 24, 2005, 07:37:06 AM
no, i have not seen this article before....probably cause i live in phoenix az and we dont get much virginia news out here.......lol.......but thanks for sharing.........very interesting........a headless betty...ohhhhhhhh the horrors

I'm not in Virginia either, I saw it on one of the news sites.. I think it's on yahoo news, under the Odd News heading. That was the entire article I posted tho, so no real reason to go look it up, there's no other info on it lol.

Betty Boop

well thanks for posting it........i sure hope poor Betty gets her head back......now if someone could just help locate my lost brains...i would be grateful.....hehehehehehehehehe

NotAdumbBlonde

Quote from: bettyboop1958 on July 24, 2005, 06:07:12 PM
well thanks for posting it........i sure hope poor Betty gets her head back......now if someone could just help locate my lost brains...i would be grateful.....hehehehehehehehehe
I was just cleaning under my bed and among all the dust bunnies, I did find a dried up brain, think it could be yours?   If you describe it accurately, I will send it on out.   I really don't need it, just more clutter around the house!!

Barbara

You should use the Swifter Swiffer cleaning cloth.  It now cleans dust bunnies and dried brains, just a thought.

NotAdumbBlonde

that is exactly what I was using, now I just don't know what to do with this useless brain I have

Betty Boop

its probably mine........i lost it years ago and dont know where or when..all i do know is that i am now a full fledged memeber of the  C R A F T club.......and for those you sitting there scratching your head saying what does C R A F T stand for????? Cant Remember A F$%$%#g  Thing

NotAdumbBlonde

well do you want to try this one on and see if it fits?   I also belong to C R A F T and I don't remember seeing you at the last meeting.   ;D

Betty Boop

see, you dont remember ..that tells me that you are a full fledged member too.....and no i dont need to try it on.....ill take whatever i can get...... ;)

NotAdumbBlonde

Roguecook

They need a drop box that we can discard our old mini items in. then the poor can have some too. :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview