Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A good laugh..pogo support is horrible

Started by ipogoallday,

Previous topic - Next topic

ipogoallday

Note::read from the bottom first

Customer 07/23/2005 08:12 PM  
did a system restore didnt' work had none of that working.  Answer my question' i'll just keep updating this until you do.  Doesn't this have to be something on yoru end?  I can play on other peoples names just not mine

Response (Pogo Jonathan) 07/23/2005 08:49 AM  
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Pogo.com Technical Support.

This happens when  you're running Anti-Virus software , firewall software and ad blocking software ,  Any of these  things can cause this to happen.

Some Anti-virus software packages have very high levels of protection available. That's great for keeping your computer free from viruses, but it can prevent you from playing our games. We suggest checking the documentation for the software to see if you can lower the settings for online web browsing.

If you're running a firewall or are playing from behind a network firewall, chances are good that the firewall is blocking the Pogo servers from connecting to your computer. If you need help configuring your firewall to allow you to play Pogo games, please reply to this message and I'll provide you with the information you need.

Ad blocking software can also prevent the game from loading. Ad-blocking is an option in many anti-virus packages, and there are also standalone ad-blocking mechanisms. We recommend turning any ad-blocking software off while playing our games. You can turn the ad blocking back on after you're done playing.

The best way to see if any one of these things is causing your issue is to *temporarily* disable one software package at a time and try to load the problematic game. (For example, turn off your antivirus software package, try to load a table game like Hearts, and see if it works. In any case, you can turn your antivirus software back on after running this quick test.) If the game starts loading properly after you've disabled one or more of your security packages, you can then determine which one needs to be reconfigured to allow you to play.

Sincerely,

Pogo Jonathan
Technical Support
EA.com/Pogo

Customer 07/22/2005 04:25 PM  
doesn't it have to be something on your end because i can play on other peoples names but not mine

Response (Pogo Jonathan) 07/22/2005 11:47 AM  
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Pogo technical support.

I suggest you to please go to the link below and install the latest version of Java to see if it help resolve your issue.  

The link below will instruct you on how to download, install, and test the Sun Java 2 plug-in from Sun Microsystems. To view it, copy and paste it into your web browser.  

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/win_auto.jsp

For Sun Java: If you receive a 'Java Not Found or Not Working' error after performing the preceding, or if you're still experiencing the same problem you were before, please make sure that you've enabled the new plug-in in your browser.  

After upgrading to Sun Java 2 plugin, please make sure that you've enabled the plugin for your browser.  

When you download and install the Sun Java VM, you can choose to use it in Internet Explorer and/or Netscape (depending on what's installed on your computer.) To make sure Internet Explorer is using the Sun Java VM, please follow these instructions:  

1. Click on START
2. Choose 'Run'
3. Type 'Control' into the "Run" window (without the quotes) and click 'Ok'.
4. In the "Control Panel" window, click on the 'Java' icon. The "Java Control Panel" will then load, depending on your system this may take a moment.
5. Click the 'Advanced' Tab
6. Now click on the "+" sign beside the "<APPLET> tag support", this will expand the selection.

Make sure there's a check in the box next to the browser you're using (Internet Explorer or Netscape. Choose Internet Explorer if you're using AOL). Then click the 'Apply' button and press the close button in the upper right hand corner.    

If you're using Internet Explorer or AOL, you'll also want to do the following:

Open Internet Explorer / AOL
Click on the 'Tools' menu.
Choose 'Internet Options'
Click the 'Advanced' Tab
Scroll down to the 'Java (Sun)' listing
Make sure the 'Use Java...' item has a check in the box next to it.
Click 'OK'
This will ensure that the browser is using the Java VM from Sun, and not the default version.  

If your browser is properly using the Sun Java 2 plugin for Java content, you'll see a little purple coffee cup in your Windows system tray (by the system clock) when you try to log into a game on Pogo.

Sincerely,

Pogo Jonathan
Technical Support
EA.com/Pogo

Customer 07/21/2005 07:09 PM  
Java 1.5.0_02 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Windows XP 5.1 (x86)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; {AA5BEA0D-45AE-4C9E-8A67-9755548A16EA}; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Im using aol and firefox same thing happens.  I'm going to keep updating this question until i get an answer to this question:  Doesn't it have to be something on your end because i can play other peoples names but not mine

Response (Pogo Jonathan) 07/21/2005 03:08 PM  
Hi there,

Please provide us with your Java version and browser name, so we may better troubleshoot your issue:

To find which Java you and browser that are using, if you are using Windows, please do the following.

1. Go to this URL to open the Java Version Info window. http://www.pogo.com/help/jvminfo/jvminfo.jsp
- This will make a new window appear.

2. Highlight all 3 lines of text in the box of the new window.
- To highlight the text click before the first letter and continue to hold the mouse button down and drag the cursor to the last character of the third line.

3. Copy the text (CTRL-C)
- To copy the text hold down the Control and the C button down at the same time and this will put the highlighted text into the clipboard memory.

4. Paste the text into the Response Field or the Question Field (CTRL-V)
- To paste the text go the text field that you would like the text to appear and hold down the Control and the V button at the same time.

If you have any difficulty with this, please update this question and let me know. Please be sure to describe which part with which you're having difficulty.

Pogo Jonathan
Technical Support
EA.com/Pogo

Customer 07/20/2005 08:31 PM  
I can't play aces up on my computer on my name.  I get the cripes error.  However, i can use other peoples names and play just fine.  Now this is the 5th time im writing to you guys and you say the same thing.  Clear your cache .. blah blah.  Well now im really mad.  Im telling you that doesn't help i tried it like 4 times.  It almost has to be something on your end.

ipogoallday

:DRead from bottom

Customer 07/27/2005 05:16 AM 
I don't understand you guys.  You want to get all technical before you answer a simple question i have.  I can play on other peoples names but not mine, doesn't that mean that it's something on your end?  I mean it's not rocket science you guys are experts there should be a simple answer for this.

Response (Pogo Jeff) 07/26/2005 08:52 PM 
Hi There,

Please send us the Easy Info file we requested in our latest e-mail. With this program, we can see what is running on your computer and hopefully detect any conflicts your system might have. Please upload easyinfo.htm.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Pogo Jeff
Technical Support
EA.com/Pogo

Customer 07/24/2005 10:19 PM 
I can play on other peoples names but not mine, doesn't that mean that it's something on your end?

Response (Pogo Jonathan) 07/24/2005 09:25 AM 
Hi there,

I understand your concern regarding this issue so  I need some more specific information in order to really know what's causing the problem.

We have developed an application to try and make it a little easier for our members to do some simple maintenance on their own as well as provide some system information in case the basic maintenance does not help.

Here are the steps to download and run our diagnostic program.
1. Click on the first link below (or copy and paste the whole link, which may be as two lines below, into your browser), and the additional instructions will open in your browser. Then go to File > Save As and choose to Save In your Desktop. This will place a text file called "EasyInfo Instructions for Pogo" on your Desktop.

http://games.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/games.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=v3SA7Fth&p_tbl=9&p_id=15892&p_created=1098821946&p_olh=0

2. Click on the second link (or copy and paste the entire link into your browser) and click on "Save to your Desktop". This will put the program called "EasyInfo v2 for Pogo.exe" on your desktop.

http://games.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/games.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=v3SA7Fth&p_tbl=9&p_id=15892&p_created=1098821947&p_olh=0

3. Once you have both files downloaded, open the "EasyInfo Instructions for Pogo.txt" file and follow the instructions.

NOTE: Please send us the 'EasyInfo.htm' file (as directed in the instructions from the first link) with your next reply.

Pogo Jonathan
Technical Support
EA.com/Pogo

Jeffer

Oh yeah, I'd run that when...

Well this is a PG forum.  I'll let it go.

"Pogo Jeff"?  Must be Jeffer's evil twin.

ipogoallday

Barbara

Quote from: Jeffer on July 27, 2005, 09:05:40 PM

You have an evil twin?  Which one is boss?

Jeffer

Quote from: Barbara on July 27, 2005, 09:16:52 PM
Quote from: Jeffer on July 27, 2005, 09:05:40 PM

You have an evil twin?  Which one is boss?

Usually the good one.  But well.. at times...

Roseybud333

LOL. . . . . basically that says Run this program on ur system so we can see what u have in ur puter and check for autos in the meantime! LOL :o

ipogoallday

I'm going to keep updating the question until they answer my first question, it's as simple as that.  I pay 35 a year, i expect to get support.  (Plus i need the game for some badges)

bobby

are the people that work there genetic clones everyone is called POGO: something like they are created by ea to answer emails

bobby

ipogoallday

not these bots.  They are programmed to make people mad >:(

TiddleWink

You mean their "helpful" form letters was not helpful to you? lol

Maybe pogo is getting mad at you and will start blocking more games for you to play if you don't stop writing. lol

Pogo apparently needs a help department for their help department.

EZ

coolfire

lmao ....hey guys nyone of you recieved any so called responce from a female puter  :P ?????
However......Jeff really helped me once.

Shawna72

If you think that is funny try calling them sometime, you  want to talk about worthless custimer support!  They don't understnad nor speak english for one, so it takes several repeats for them to even pull up your account information.  They can't answer anything and refer you to the online forum, which I hate to say but is much better than on the phone.  Customer Service for EA is pathetic at best!

Barbara

They aren't always speaking English because you are calling another country.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview