This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Steve

Started by Blue Aquarius,

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Aquarius

So I went into a Word Whomp Whackdown room today looking to play some games, and there was pogo Steve.  I thought ok he is looking into banning ppl for using autos in here since these rooms are the worst for accusations.  Well I was wrong.  Apparently some peoples accounts were hacked into over night.  3 people were in there complaining about how their accounts were hacked into and how they lost all their tokens.   :o  I wonder if it's because people gave out their pw?  I didn't think ppl could hack into other ppl's accounts on Pogo? 

Homer

There are afew ways for someone to access your account. One of them is to give your sn and password to so called badge helpers another would be to post a link from pogo to a public forum while being logged in. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

honeypyye

I had the same problem with my tokens coming up missing so I sent a letter to pogo tech support about it...this is the respose I got:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting POGO Technical Support. We will be happy to provide you help with the troubles and concerns you have.

Club Pogo members, We seem to have experienced a server outage as of 5/2/04. Many games have gone offline and tolken counts zeroed out. By the time you recieve this message, the system should be restored. We realize that this is an inconvenience for many users and for that we apologize. We feel it is important to keep you informed. This message has been sent out to all Pogo users that have contacted Tech support in the last 12 hours.

If you feel your issue is unique and unrelated to this current situation, or had already been incoorespondence with us about an issue preceding this latest incident, Please update this issue so we can continue troubleshooting your issue.

So it may not have been an issue of hacking...just server problems...just thought you'd like to know...=)

Blue Aquarius

I don't know if that was the case or not.  In chat with Steve in the room they were telling everyone how their accounts were hacked into and how Steve was looking into it for them.  Steve also popped into the room 5 or 6 times in the time frame I was in there.  I looked at their stats to see if maybe people had wiped out their badges, but they had all their badges.

honeypyye

I understand...just lettin ya know that wasnt the case with mine...was just a server error...my tokens came back a couple of hours later and I didnt lose any badges...=)

ImRicherThanUAll

Blue Aquarius

Nope I stayed in there to see if he would say anything and he didnt.  LOL

ImRicherThanUAll

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview