This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Down/Tuesday Maintenance

Started by Tracey,

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

OK maybe I am one of the whiners in Everyone Wins Bingo but they can take this game and shove it now. With the Pogo weekly maintenance this week they have changed the way the stats read. You no longer have any clue as to who is doing blackouts in any room, let alone a passing room. Fumes are flying out of my ears right now. Pogo hasn't pissed me off this bad in a long time.  swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif

Sue

Oh and they changed the defaults female and male looks.

The man now looks like a dork vomit.gif and the woman has long wavy hair.

Oh and they changed the opening backgrounds of the windows when they are opening a game.

Sue

And it looks like they added many new uncensored rooms to the games.

Squid

Quote from: LazySue on March 23, 2010, 04:07:31 AM
OK maybe I am one of the whiners in Everyone Wins Bingo but ...
You no longer have any clue as to who is doing blackouts in any room, let alone a passing room.

I'm glad you posted this, LS.  I'm very curious...

I am in the process of getting my pinecone passing badge (25K passes).  I go to the passing rooms and I let the auto do all the work.  I do not close down chat but I do not answer any of the posts in there.   Every once in a long while, the auto will get a blackout for me and the room goes ballistic!  Who cares?  Why go ballistic?  It doesn't mean people are not passing the pinecones just because they got a blackout.  There are some badges that require blackouts and, maybe, these folks are going for badges.  It IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES to get blackouts in passing rooms.  I want to know why the whiners (as you put it) in EWB think they can tell people how to play.  They become sooooo rude and spiteful in those rooms.  I don't really care about these people... they can leave in a huff or stay and play... but I'd like to know why they think their behavior is the way to go. 

Thanks. magnifier.gif

Joe C

Quote from: LazySue on March 23, 2010, 04:39:44 AM
And it looks like they added many new uncensored rooms to the games.
What the $%&*^*(@#^@)%&)(*&)
swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif
giggle2.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Joe C

Quote from: LazySue on March 23, 2010, 04:07:31 AM
OK maybe I am one of the whiners in Everyone Wins Bingo but they can take this game and shove it now. With the Pogo weekly maintenance this week they have changed the way the stats read. You no longer have any clue as to who is doing blackouts in any room, let alone a passing room. Fumes are flying out of my ears right now. Pogo hasn't pissed me off this bad in a long time.  swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif
I am glad no one can see my stats. I found that people focused way too much energy on who did what blackout. I have around 30,000 pinecones passed and yet I have only claimed blackout ~200 times.

In the end, all I care is that the room makes the goal, which means enough wilds have been passed. The Everyone Whines Bingo game does not distribute passed wilds evenly. I have watched hundreds of games with the cheat program. Sometimes, you get passed 5-7 wilds only and your cards are horrible. Sometimes, you get passed 15 wilds and you pass tons. Rarely, very rarely, my auto will call a blackout, as it fills out the last spot and it not designed to purposefully miss. However, the game does not change who gets passed wilds or better cards based on getting blackouts or complaining about blackouts.

What I have found, most of all, in Everyone Whines Bingo, is that hatred and vitriol spewed by people is horrifying. I find that other people, those that like to cause trouble, intentionally go to passing roomes and claim blackouts. If people are doing either behavior in an Everyone Whines Bingo room, even a passing room, then they should take a step back from the keyboard. Yelling at each other about some breach of "Pogo etiquette" or "Pogo rights" seems to be a bigger breach of "Pogo etiquette".

As a dedicated Pogo cheater, I personally never go to a Everyone Whines Bingo passing room if I need to get blackouts. I set up the cheat to pass wilds and it does a great job of it. However, I have yet to worry about who got a blackout or who is berating another player. It seems a waste of time, not a good way to treat other people and keeps me from getting badges for myself or my fellow cheaters. Of course, my stats have been hidden since the feature was released, so I am quite happy even given my low blackouts.

At any time, there are about 30-50 people playing Word Riot Deluxe. The reason? Too many people "enforcing" rules and telling people how to play.
tumbsup.gif

Sue

With EWB it is the players that come into a passing room just to cause trouble...ie blackouts that irritate me.
I don't mind the rare blackout from someone but I do mind the players that are getting blackouts every game.

jtric1963

Joe C

Squid

Quote from: LazySue on March 23, 2010, 06:18:38 AM
With EWB it is the players that come into a passing room just to cause trouble...ie blackouts that irritate me.
I don't mind the rare blackout from someone but I do mind the players that are getting blackouts every game.
I have checked my stats (prior to today) in EWB and seen that the auto played hundreds of games for me and got 1 blackout.  People go nuts over that one blackout.  I couldn't care less who is getting blackouts.  I just care about passing my own pinecones so that I get credit toward that badge.  As soon as I get that badge, I will never go into those game rooms because of the foul-mouthed bullies in there.  I will only play that game if it is required for a badge.  The whole idea of people policing other players is lost on me... what a waste of time and energy.

alyaks

Quote from: Squid on March 23, 2010, 11:38:08 AM
   the foul-mouthed bullies in there.  The whole idea of people policing other players is lost on me... what a waste of time and energy.

Exactly right Squidly! I have enough drama in my life without worrying about who is getting what in Pogo. When I am playing without an auto, it's to relax and wind down from my day.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LazySue on March 23, 2010, 06:18:38 AM

The problem is, the people who do get a rare natural blackout are attacked by the morons who have nothing better to do with their time than to police Pogo games.  For Pete's sake, no wonder Pogo changed it so that Black Outs don't show in current session stats. They probably got tired of listening to the whiny tattlers all the time.

Good Lord! There are badges for GETTING Black Outs and I can't believe that this is an issue for anyone.

who me?

o.k,  Maybe I'm extremely slow, or it's because I never took the time to read the how to play, and I only actually play when forced to by a challenge. But if you get a bingo doesn't it make sense to click your B or pine cone so you get your bingo's?
I thought covering every spot on your card was a good thing? It means the more bingos you get doesn't it?
Hmmm I just read this:

Blackout Bonus
Any player who successfully marks every square and calls every one of the 12 bingos on a single card will reward every player in the room with a Blackout token bonus.

Wild Style Bonus
If a number is called and had been previously marked with a wild on any of your cards, you'll receive a token bonus.

Go Team!
After 50 numbers have been called, you and your team can continue to daub cards, call bingos and pass wilds to attempt to reach the Team Goal before time runs out.  The more bingos you call, the more tokens you will earn.

There's a token bonus for EVERYONE in the room for a blackout! So why do people get mad?  embarrassed.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: who me? on March 24, 2010, 02:47:38 PM

There's a token bonus for EVERYONE in the room for a blackout! So why do people get mad?

The issue is that the self appointed Pogo police think that if you get a BlackOut, you can't POSSIBLY be passing the wilds like you're supposed to. That's why they get their panties in a bunch.

CM, how do you figure this is off topic when it's discussing the latest Pogo maintenance update to EWB?

C~M

Quote from: Stinkerbell on March 24, 2010, 06:14:46 PM
CM, how do you figure this is off topic when it's discussing the latest Pogo maintenance update to EWB?

Because it has nothing to do with the update of hiding stats, but the ongoing and forever arguing in Pogo over nothing.  I used to get mad at first when people did blackouts, but after I got my passing badge I gave up, as there will always be someone in all rooms getting a blackout.  That is why I went in the passing rooms to get the blackout badge challenges...lol

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Crazy~Man on March 24, 2010, 08:51:01 PM
Because it has nothing to do with the update of hiding stats, but the ongoing and forever arguing in Pogo over nothing.  I used to get mad at first when people did blackouts, but after I got my passing badge I gave up, as there will always be someone in all rooms getting a blackout.  That is why I went in the passing rooms to get the blackout badge challenges...lol

I see your point, but for me it is the same thing because I am convinced that Pogo made the BO stat change due to the whiners. But again, I do see where you're coming from... but you're wrong. LOL

*hugs* I've missed you!

Joe C

Stinkerbell

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview