This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

what does the pink ribbons mean?

Started by SweetGirl200405,

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetGirl200405

i see bye a few games there r pink ribbons? what r they for?

meadfill

there's been a lot of posts to this..as far as i can gather from numerous sites its for breast cancer awareness....we have awareness week or something of the sort coming up with pogo but im pretty sure it has something to do with breast cancer awareness O0

SweetGirl200405

yea it is..it took me a minute to find out what they was on pogo duhhhhhh me..lol

Pogowinner

caroline196

has anyone noticed that the games with the pink ribbons next to them have "pogo cares??last time they did this was for last years group challenge.i think we may find out 2moro when new challenges start that a group challenge may start next Wednesday or this weekend ;D

Barbara

I think the Pogo care rooms are the team rooms that they set aside for the players to come together and play for charity.  They are named after cities and there are usually 5 of them.

RC

At the moment, there are only 3 cities that they are using for those rooms, with 2 rooms per city. Chicago, Denver, and San Fran are the cities. But there's nothing on the game page, nothing that comes up when you play in one of those rooms, that tells you anything about the pink ribbon or what they are doing with it.

caroline196

thats correct barbara.im sure we shall find more about these ribbons tomorrow whe new challenges start.i think we start off for the super badge 2moro as well,which is win 6 challenges to win the cancer awareness super badge.but i wouldnt be surprised if pogo announced 2moro about a new group challenge.we will have to wait and see

Barbara

cathyl1226

In the help section I found this

What do the pink ribbons next to some Pogo games mean?

Question
  What do the pink ribbons next to some Pogo games mean?

Answer
  September is breast cancer awareness month on Pogo.com, and we're getting ready to launch our annual Pogo Cares event. More information about those little pink ribbons and Pogo Cares will be available during the first few days in September.

RC

Finally have seen something else about the pink ribbons. When you click on Prizes, and then on the Prize Drawings tab, this is listed there:

Enter your tokens in the Pogo™ monthly drawing for a chance to win $1,000.
For every million tokens entered by all members in the Monthly Drawing from September 1st through September 30th, 2005, Pogo will donate $1.00, with a cumulative total contribution of $3000, to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

And if you click on the heading above that, that says, "Tokens for the Ribbon", it will take you here: http://www.pogo.com/sgk/home.jsp?site=pogop

There are specific game nights, each Monday in September, one for each of the games that has a ribbon next to it. "Play during the "Pink Ribbon" Game Nights and you'll also be entered for a chance to win a Team Pogo hat and other Pogo gear."

Barbara

Wow, all these Pogo players and Pogo is coughing up three whole thousand dollars?  This campaign cost them more than 3k in man power.

caroline196

rather it be $3000 than nothing at all.every cent helps to such a worthy cause

Barbara

Yes, I know, I have breast cancer.  My point is that they spent more on the campaign, art, badges, manpower, etc.  They should have given more to the worthy cause and less to the hype.  I don't need a badge with a pink ribbon it on. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview