This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

OMG! Save me from bingo players....

Started by HollyDazed,

Previous topic - Next topic

sxybamabit

WELL WHEN I GO IN BINGO I PLAY BINGO AND IM NOT GONNA WAIT FOR SUMONE ELSE TO GET BINGO THATS JUST CRAZY BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS IF I WAIT ON SUMONE ELSE AND I HIT THE GONG TO SLOWLY AND 3 OTHER PEOPLE GET IN FRONT OF ME THEN THAT MEANS IM GONNA BE S*** OUT OF LUCK

undercoverangel

I can see both sides of this.  Sometimes I don't mind sharing.  Sometimes I just want to play the game.  But I will say if I go in a room and people are NICE about it, saying something along the lines of "Any chance you will share with us?", I will usually go off to another room and let them have their way.  If I go into a room and am "INFORMED" that it is a sharing room, I will hang around and claim every bingo that I can!  One thing I hate, and why I usually play alone is another person thinking they are going to "tell" me how to play my game.  I usually just sit there and laugh at them in chat going off on "the selfish player"...... 

BeckyMama

I share, but I don't care if other people do or not.  I was always embarassed by the rude players from both sides of the issue.  I think it is a personal choice myself and you shouldn't be ridiculed for sharing OR not sharing.

heavenly

i agree, i see sharing as a bonus. if you are lucky enough to find a polite room with sharers then great. if they aren't sharing oh well that's how it goes.
i don't really understand when people get MAD at sharers though. if you care that much about bingo you should realize by now that it's one of the most annoying and boring club pogo games and you should be glad to help fellow players get those wretched badges!
that said, i am usually a secret sharer unless i see other people typing "b"

WonderMom

Quote from: sxybamabit on November 09, 2005, 12:39:24 AM
WELL WHEN I GO IN BINGO I PLAY BINGO AND IM NOT GONNA WAIT FOR SUMONE ELSE TO GET BINGO THATS JUST CRAZY BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS IF I WAIT ON SUMONE ELSE AND I HIT THE GONG TO SLOWLY AND 3 OTHER PEOPLE GET IN FRONT OF ME THEN THAT MEANS IM GONNA BE S*** OUT OF LUCK
That happend to me during the challenge week.  I didn't know what sharing was and I HAD a bingo, but when I hit the gong it said something like too many people have called bingo.  I've learned my lesson.

DoubleOscotty

This is probably the most talked about / controversial (?) element to any game.

Bingo stinks. That's the bottom line. The premise is that it's designed a a compitition but you can play for an hour and make 0 rank progress which is frustrating. The sharing concept is great to help BUT "you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Personally I pop in a room and ask "Sharing?" If nobody answers I play alone but if I get a yes or 2 count me in. I need 110 more and so I've played an hour a day for a year (at night). Honestly I've only seen these arguement about 5-6 times.

My advice that I've said before. As soon as the game starts, fill your card, read a book and when you hear "BINGO" click the gong and go back to your book. I can't imagine playing a five minute game waiting for a ball every 6 seconds

Madonna

I share...when i see others sharing, otherwise i just wait until I bingo, and keep my pointer over the gong, so someone else can bingo first. There's no sense for me being selfish. It's a very lengthy game for rank progress, and i do what I can to help others too (that is unless there's a lot of jumpers...you know who you are), then I bong the gong all day long and be selfish. To each his own, I always say ::).

DoubleOscotty

Spawn O Satan

Quote from: caroline196 on November 08, 2005, 08:31:05 PM
easy way to avoid abuse,do what i do,turn chat off,then just play away O0
sharers used to drive me crazy, i mean if u went to a bingo hall do you wait for others to call bingo?of course you dont,it shouldnt be like it is in bingo
my opinion is the sooner pogo lowers winners to just 1,then nobody would get the kind of abuse u get in some rooms ever again
There's a difference though, in real bingo halls the more people you share your bingo with - the less money you win. The more people you share with, the less you win.
At Pogo, whether you bingo alone or with 2 other winners - you still get the same amount of tokens, or "money". It doesn't matter how many you share your win with, you still win the same amount.

So really, there's no point to NOT sharing.

pogohatesme

lol like I said in a diff. post on this same topic, I just I'm just a selfish bad bingo player because I refuse to share.  I've been screwed outta a bingo plenty of times by waiting for 2 others to say "b" and then a couple more that haven't said it and clicked also and there's your 3.  lol That's why I just shut my chat off and have to worry about any of them.

SexySagittarian

You guys are all too funny. I'll bet that 95% of you have the same philosophy that I do. If the people are nice about sharing I don't mind sharing too, when I'm actually playing the game, but I hate the game so much that it's usually my auto playing for me and it doesn't know how to share! ;D >:D >:D O0

flgal

i will try to wait also. Which means there a chance i will miss out >:(

janet

I actually don't find very many people sharing.  If someone comes in and wants to share, I just tell them I will be glad to.  If they don't get a big response, they usually leave the room.  If someone gets really nasty about others not sharing, I just tell them that they are probably on mute or don't know how to share.  That generally calms them down.

BigByrd

Quote from: PogoSlave on November 10, 2005, 04:51:37 AM
You guys are all too funny. I'll bet that 95% of you have the same philosophy that I do. If the people are nice about sharing I don't mind sharing too, when I'm actually playing the game, but I hate the game so much that it's usually my auto playing for me and it doesn't know how to share! ;D >:D >:D O0

Nope, I'm too busy jumping from room to room finding the filled cards, I never know who is sharing or not.

renco423

Quote from: nchillbilly on November 08, 2005, 11:46:48 PM
Well i have met some of the bingo jerks and it was in Spirited Soiree room.I was called a terrorist by almost all the people in that room.I did not know that they were sharing bingos at that time (when everyone could call them) and get credit for it.I now go into that room and alot of those same people are still in there so I will call bingo like crazy just to piss them off now lol... >:D

LMAO!
I do the same thing!
and i actually don't mind sharing. but if the sharers start jumping all over someone that is not sharing or start making rude comments then i revert to b.i.t.c.h mode and call bingos as soon as i get them - they get so p.o.'ed - ah well, better luck next game!

Madonna

I have officially turned into cyber-"b". I am not waiting any more on room hoppers and bingo snatchers (at the sharers expense). I'll share...but only with sharers. If they don't like it, then they can f off.

*Angel*

I share if everyone is sharing.  Depends on my mood.  If they are complaining then I don't share.   :P

pogoisevil

I guess I've been lucky.....I haven't encountered any rude folks in Bingo. I generally pick a Temporary room at random, and have noticed very little chat. :)

PogoNutz

Quote from: pogoisevil on November 11, 2005, 02:49:55 PM
I guess I've been lucky.....I haven't encountered any rude folks in Bingo. I generally pick a Temporary room at random, and have noticed very little chat. :)

Me either.  Of course having my chat turned off seem to tone down much of the noise  :)

janet

Are you back from vacation already or did you take both Billie and the computer with you?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview