PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 06:38:19 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

wt* is wrong with adding u on pogo

Started by ~TJ~,

Previous topic - Next topic

~TJ~

wt* is wrong with ppl adding u on pogo, an following u where ever u go, why do they not have an option weather to let u add them or not????????????????

silvrcraze

They should.  One of the netiquette questions is about a woman being stalked by psycho chicks.  The answer was to ignore them.  That doesn't stop them from following you.  I haven't had any run ins or at least haven't noticed people following me.

They are probably trying to "bust you" cheating.  I tried a few cheats but I don't use them and my pogo account cleary reflects that.

bobby

they should run the friends option like an instant messenger where you need the other person to allow you also

silvrcraze

bobby

*Angel*

Sorry someone is bothering you, Tjr.   >:(  Mean people suck!

janet

Quote from: bobby on November 11, 2005, 08:47:51 PM
they should run the friends option like an instant messenger where you need the other person to allow you also

I read some where they are thinking of doing this.

huggybear

They try to follow me as well, i just go to a game where i can close the table  >:D wait for em to disappear and go about my buisness

Tabbylass

Same here, i usually turn chat off or if at a table close it out as well

SexySagittarian

Pogo really needs to implement "Stealth Settings" like Yahoo has done. I am so tired of people that make it their business to know my business, knowing where I am every minute of my Pogo life. I would LOVE to be able to make myself invisible to them. It must not be that difficult to set up since Yahoo does it for their Instant Messinger patrons. It would certainly make my Pogo experience much more pleasant. O0

holly312

i know how you feel Tjr.. I have a girl who follows me too!! and got some of her friends to follow me also. They should have something on pogo to prevent this..

~TJ~

Well, i wrote the name down , went to a room where she was an muted her hope that works, but it clearly states in my profile that i like all music expect rap an just may be listening here, so no open chat. she followed me into my poppa room where i do chat an i remembered the name , did not say anything an this gal just starts carrying on a convo like she knew me an says oh btw i added u as a friend , hope u don't mind , was like um ok, lmao
i put that in my profile just to get rid of the unwanted ppl , also put in there favorite game is texas holdem so i don't have to answer those questions about tokies either, grrrrrrr should not have to do all this but,,,,,, >:(

BigByrd

Quote from: PogoSlave on November 12, 2005, 05:20:45 AM
Pogo really needs to implement "Stealth Settings" like Yahoo has done. I am so tired of people that make it their business to know my business, knowing where I am every minute of my Pogo life. I would LOVE to be able to make myself invisible to them. It must not be that difficult to set up since Yahoo does it for their Instant Messinger patrons. It would certainly make my Pogo experience much more pleasant. O0

Yeah me too, I have someone who follows me around too.

Madonna

Quote from: PogoSlave on November 12, 2005, 05:20:45 AM
Also on yahoo, when someone adds you to their list, you have the option of denying them. A little message asks you if you want to be added to their friends list. I think stealth settings like those should be implemented on pogo. It's only common courtesy to ask someone before adding them to your friends list. Luckily i don't have the stalker problem (yet), but if i get a message in my inbox from a stranger..i add them to my blocked list. If I don't know you, all the better for me. You have to make a huge impression to even be added to my friends list, and then i have the courtesy to ask if I may do so. I think others should do the same, imho. ;)

RC

There's an easier way to not get messages sent to you from people you don't know, instead of adding a bunch of names to your block list every time you get one. Just go into the Preferences and check the box next to "Only accept invitations and messages from players on my Friends List." You will never get a thing except from people you consider friends and are on your list.

Cody

wow, I dont and never have had a person who stalks me. guess its a good thing. What are some of the things these people say that "annoy" you?

~TJ~

Julie

Stalking is a tricky one and so is reporting people in general.  If they have any inkling it's you that's done it you run the risk of some sort of retaliation and as a auto user like me, the last thing I would want is any attention brought to myself or Pogo sniffing around my account  :(  Implementing either stealth settings or the idea of getting somebody's permission before adding them as mentioned in earlier posts would be a great idea.  Personally the friends list is something I could live without, I would prefer the find a friend feature MSN Chat uses where you have to actually type in the screen name of who you're looking for.  I think that would also deter potential stalkers who after a while would get sick and tired of having to type in the screen names of all the people they're stalking  ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview