PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 04:46:57 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Poppit Mobile question

Started by Lish,

Previous topic - Next topic

BigByrd

Quote from: AdDn8187 on November 22, 2005, 12:52:37 PM
I got the POPPIT to download on my phone with the text to 386.. however i'm like you Lish I can't find a place to sign in.. I called cingular and explained the problem.. the person I spoke to is very familiar with POGO thank goodness and he said seems to be a problem with the software possibly from their end.. he has put in a report for this issue and said they will call me back or text me with the solution, may have to re-download but he said there will be credit given if thats the case.  If you still have not been able to sign in i'll be glad to let you know what I find out.. if you have figured it out please let me know if you can.

Yeah I sign in just fine, but today the server has been down.  But you exit out of games, close your phone and begin anew.  Go to games, then choose pogo poppit, a window comes up, and out of the main menu you choose options.  If you are signed In, it won't be there, if you are signed out, there it is.

Also when playing the game, hit the menu button, and choose Main Menu to get back to the main options and choose main menu.  Mine seems to be just fine.

AdDn8187

are you on Cingular Bigbyrd???? When I called them the person I spoke to got a phone there identical to mine and tried to get it signed in and there was on option to do so either... its like they forgot to put that portion in their soft ware or something..... my phone is doing the same as Lish.. I understand what some are saying about where to go etc.. and see the sign in but as she said Its not there... and even when i'm not signed in its still not there... playing the game does not automatically sign you in from my phone.. I have played 24 games and won 20 of them and have not even gotten a JP spin, so that tells me its not signed in..... I lucked out when I called this afternoon because the person I spoke to is a POGO addict, so he knows how it works etc.. and is familiar with what its supose to do... Just hoping it dont take long to get a message back from them.. I like Lish am still waiting been 37 hrs now since I sent a message to EA regarding the problem... I did get the normal your request has been received and we are looking into the situation... imagine that.....

*Angel*

I have the sign in option on my phone, and am having no problems thus far.  I hope it gets resolved for those of you that it isn't working for.

Any word on when the other games will be available? (Tri-Peaks, and Turbo)

BigByrd

Quote from: AdDn8187 on November 22, 2005, 02:48:45 PM
are you on Cingular Bigbyrd???? When I called them the person I spoke to got a phone there identical to mine and tried to get it signed in and there was on option to do so either... its like they forgot to put that portion in their soft ware or something..... my phone is doing the same as Lish.. I understand what some are saying about where to go etc.. and see the sign in but as she said Its not there... and even when i'm not signed in its still not there... playing the game does not automatically sign you in from my phone.. I have played 24 games and won 20 of them and have not even gotten a JP spin, so that tells me its not signed in..... I lucked out when I called this afternoon because the person I spoke to is a POGO addict, so he knows how it works etc.. and is familiar with what its supose to do... Just hoping it dont take long to get a message back from them.. I like Lish am still waiting been 37 hrs now since I sent a message to EA regarding the problem... I did get the normal your request has been received and we are looking into the situation... imagine that.....

Nope, I'm on Cingular downloaded the yesterday.  The server has been down all day though, and that sucks.

Lish

It sounds like they screwed up the software.. I wonder if the DL is different depending on your phone and maybe those of us with a certain phone or whom dl'd it a certain way got jacked up software?  Man I hope they fix it.

edited to say: they took it offline and off the phones but now it is again available for dl.  Man, I am SOOOO confused. ???

BigByrd

Quote from: Lish on November 22, 2005, 05:25:59 PM
It sounds like they screwed up the software.. I wonder if the DL is different depending on your phone and maybe those of us with a certain phone or whom dl'd it a certain way got jacked up software?  Man I hope they fix it.

edited to say: they took it offline and off the phones but now it is again available for dl.  Man, I am SOOOO confused. ???

Well it's not officially released yet.  But . . . I don't know how the software can be any different.  I downloaded mine from the Cingular website.  I will tell, it was HARD finding the sign-in page, but I found it.  Now when I end the game, and go back to play, it asks me to sign it.  Usually I just suspend it until I go back to play.

*Angel*

I was just playing the game, and I noticed that sign in is not under options all of the time.  It is under the "main menu."  Do you see that as an option when you play?

Lish

I don't even have a "sound" option- didn't someone say they had a sound option?  Under "options" I only have the difficulty.  Under the Stats, it displays my stats and also has a "Help" option {which doesn't do crap}.  Under the main menu i have help, play now, stats, options- I believe that's it {I just closed my phone} but NO sign in option.  GRRR!

*Angel*

Quote from: Lish on November 22, 2005, 08:17:08 PM
I don't even have a "sound" option- didn't someone say they had a sound option?  Under "options" I only have the difficulty.  Under the Stats, it displays my stats and also has a "Help" option {which doesn't do crap}.  Under the main menu i have help, play now, stats, options- I believe that's it {I just closed my phone} but NO sign in option.  GRRR!

Yes, I have a sound option.  It does display your stats for you?  That is one positive thing I think.  If you are playing now, maybe when you can sign in you will get credit.  Unless they make you reinstall then I think it may all go away. Will they credit your account and let you buy it again? 

BigByrd

On my phone, if you exit out the game, then go back in, it will ask you to sign in.  If you are in suspend mode, then on the main menu, option menu, I have displayed these option.  Difficulty, Sound, [Sign In} and [Help]

Lish

Quote from: *~Angel~* on November 22, 2005, 08:46:21 PM
Quote from: Lish on November 22, 2005, 08:17:08 PM

Yes, I have a sound option.  It does display your stats for you?  That is one positive thing I think.  If you are playing now, maybe when you can sign in you will get credit.  Unless they make you reinstall then I think it may all go away. Will they credit your account and let you buy it again? 
That's really strange that I have no sound either.  WTF.  It does display my stats though, yes.

Cody

gosh lish youve been having problems from the start with that game havent ya? have you tried to re-download it?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: nightperson on November 21, 2005, 04:49:27 PM
ok i just went and found nothing how do u do the phone to the puter and using the auto again i have read but bot im just tried being up with a 3 week old grandbaby

Ok, I had to read through all the messages to see if this has been answered but it doesn't appear to have been. If it was, I'm sorry for repeating this...

You can't use an auto for any Pogo Mobile games. Plain and simple, eh? The only way to play the games is the old fashion using your fingers and brain. I know it's a pain in the arse but these games are easy (except Tri-Peaks... still trying to get rank 5!) and should go rather quickly! Hopes this answers your question.

Lish

Quote from: Cody on November 22, 2005, 10:17:32 PM
gosh lish youve been having problems from the start with that game havent ya? have you tried to re-download it?
Yes I have and I am so damn frustrated! >:(

ilpogo

Has anybody else had any problems connecting to download stats to pogo?I have been unable to do so since yesterday.

BigByrd

Yep for two days  >:(  I just fired off a question to ea about the server problems.

bubblegum

pogo's admitted problems with aol the last couple days

*Angel*

I was able to update my stats this moring about 5 am.

AdDn8187

Talked to Cingular this evening regarding my Poppit mobile game.  I downloaded my game via text message to 386 or something like that, anyway they took the charge off my bill and told me to delet the game.. then went to the cingular website and signed up in their MediaNet.  I already had an online acct with them to check billing etc.. but I guess the MediaNet thing is a totally different thing, so they told me to now re-download the game from there and see if that will make it all come through properly.. they said by doing it via the text like I did it came from a 3rd party provider and by going to their site it is directly from them...... I have to wait untill tomorrow to re-download due to making the new acct. on MediaNet it takes a few hrs I guess for it to establish... anyway just another note in the ongoing saga of Pogo Mobile/Cingular.

*Angel*

Well it is good that you got some type of information from them.  I hope it works for you when you use the Media Mall.  That is the way I did mine.  Sending a text to 386 did not work for me.

I am still a bit upset because it seems like I am getting nowhere.  I updated my stats this morning, and I won 105 games on normal diificulty and am only at 12.5%.  That doesn't seem right at all.  My fingers are tired!  :-[

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview