This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

wow...

Started by kgansor,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblegum

I'm interested if thats what he did to, but with all those badges at once if the wrong person looks at his stats he could find himself accused of cheating.  I think its neat you can do the account transfer as well.

greendog

i agree he is asking to get accused. But he very well could have obtained them w/o cheating.

TmT

I think its funny how curious we can become when we think someone has something we dont or have the ability to obtain something the easy way and we cant... but I guess if I didnt know the person personally that was givin 240+ badges all in one day from the previous name that pogo had banned I would be curious how a person get challenge/super/ and weekly badges all in one day....

When my friend emailed me of the outcome of the litigation and how pogo HAD to give all the badges earned for 2004 up to 2005 that they took when they banned the old name, I was amazed.... it was amazin to look at the badge page and see over 200 plus badges all posted for the same day... Then pogo did not give some of them for whatever reason that was due to my friend... they later gave those in question too...when it was determined they could not withhold those either. <which probably was an oversight on their part>

My friend made sure they gave every badge earned since 2004...

Thats one incident I know of how multi badges was put on a page that's not done becuz of auto use or anything illegal.

pogohatesme

Quote from: greendog on December 07, 2005, 10:36:22 AM
If you look up account transfer on the help section it will tell you this..

The Account Access Transfer program is a Premium Account Service that allows players to safely transfer or trade accounts for our Online Games.

When an account is transferred or traded using the Account Access Transfer Program:

All previous billing information is removed from the account
Any warning or other misconduct recorded on the account is deleted
New billing information is placed on the account to help ensure that the account can be legitimately used by the new owner
If you've acquired access to an account without using the Account Access Transfer Program, we have no record or proof that the account can be legitimately used by you, or that the player who created the account has given you permission to use the account name and password.
By going through this transfer process, EA can verify that the account is in your name and ensure that the new owner can continue to enjoy the new account for years to come

IT also says.....

If you acquire access to multiple accounts from the same person you can get them all officially transferred as one transaction (up to 3 accounts per transfer). There will be only one transfer fee charged to you.

He could have very well bought out someones account or 3 different accounts thru an auction....such as ebay.

HMMMMM so I could use my autos to get all the bages and finish the games if i wanted too...then transfer the account to my boyfriend...continue to play the games for fun withtout the auto and reap the benefits if I were to win any JPs lololol ;)

Country Lady

Looks like there may be a life after autos after all. ???

kjb0007

kgansor: you ever think that person might be "pogo police"? Their everywhere and most people dont even know who they are. Think about it... here is a game that they didn't "preview" nor did they announce "at all" that it was coming out. And then you spot someone playing the game that has that amount of badges with their p/f only showing they joined a few short weeks ago. How do you know this person was a "kid"? What "takes the fun out of pogo" are people/websites that post games/images BEFORE the game has even been released. (wonder if those people realize they are violating Pogo's TOS?) Most people, nowadays, LUV the fact they can get "insider privied pogo info". Me personally, if I spent as much time worrying about who has what badges and who has the least amount of challenges left to fill albums, than I did actually playing the games and enjoying myself (having fun), I wouldnt have the games completed today that I do. Btw I am only 4 ranks away from completing the Stellar game (which only came out a month ago), also have 8 other games that are "completed in their entirety", NONE of which I used a cheat program on. Bottom line: don't let what anyone else has, ruin your pogo experience. Pogo is all about having fun, and meeting new people!!

mailwench

:) Well said KJB and I can't agree with you more...The only game I have finished is Rainy Day Spider.....without a cheat and without a glitch!   O0

kjb0007

Good job on the spider game O0!!!!!!!!!!  I probably won't even get CLOSE to finishing that one.. i STINK at it...(even the easy level with only one suit)....  ;D

kgansor

well first of all kjb0007  im not worrying about what they are doing, read what i wrote, i just wanted to know if they were reprogramming anything to do what they did because I USED TO BE INTO THAT and i STILL find it interesting and i just wanted to know if someone out there figured out how to get into pogo and do that stuff. Other than this i dont worry about other peoples badges/winnings/etc. i could care less.

~WickedAce~

Not saying that is what this person did, but what you are talking about it called HACKING and as you already know that it is also illegal.  And from what I have read on boards pogo does pursue legal action against this.

kjb0007

Quote from: STEPH on December 08, 2005, 07:17:25 AM
Not saying that is what this person did, but what you are talking about it called HACKING and as you already know that it is also illegal.  And from what I have read on boards pogo does pursue legal action against this.

It is hacking Steph, and yes pogo does persue and prosecute ppl that are doing things like that. They also keep an eye on websites that give out "privied info". There is a reason they have that TOS.

Whats the fun in hacking pogo's servers to be better at a game? Sounds to me like the people doing that don't need to be playing anyways..lol. I have never used any kind of auto program, nor would I, and I don't really have too much of a problem with someone that "needs" to use it. There are a few games on the site that I will probably never finish because I am just plain - not any good at them..lol. I certainly wouldn't go hacking into someone else's computer just to get the badges for the game tho..I like my "freedom"  O0!!!

Homer

Time to lock this topic.

Hacking is illegal and something we don't condone.

Enough said.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!