This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Glitter signatures

Started by Madonna,

Previous topic - Next topic

nikki166

I have been trying for about an hour to do the 3 color ones and i just can not do it i get the top color and when i try for the bottom it dont work and it all turns white. very frustrating .

Madonna

Quote from: RowdyOne on January 21, 2006, 03:25:44 PM
do you have to upload your siggy after you do the last step with the gif part? everytime when i try to upload it the stupid page times out for some reason.
All you do is right click and save to your computer. THEN you upload to the image host of your choice.

C~M

Ok, shadylady, there is no addy for the banner generator in you last post...lol
Madonna, here is a pic of the generator stuff from the one you pm me addy for.

Like I said b4, when I click it to generate the banner all I get is the your banner and rest of page is blank, and the bottom left of window that shows downloading progress says done...I have even let it sit there 5 minutes thinking it was still working on it and maybe it would pop up.  But, like I asked, is there a link within the site you gave to access the generator?  If so maybe if I access it that way it will work, if not I guess I'm sol for making those pretty banners...lol

Thanks for any & all help.

Shady Lady

http://linuxenvy.com/bprentice/Banners/Banners.html
This is the addy for the banner generator

Shady Lady

You have to change the offset settings based on the size of your image. The settings in the example are for that size banner. It took me several tries to come up with the right numbers. Hope this helps.

Quote from: nikki166 on January 21, 2006, 03:34:16 PM
I have been trying for about an hour to do the 3 color ones and i just can not do it i get the top color and when i try for the bottom it dont work and it all turns white. very frustrating .

C~M

Ok, this is sooo funny, I don't see any addy there either...lol...I guess there is no hope for me with this, unless there is a link or something on the glitter site for it.  All I saw there was a copy of the generator.

Shady Lady

https://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5081/crazyman5qz.gif

Here's your banner. Just right click and save it to your computer. Then go to imagemagick and begin creating.

The snapshot was kind hard to read hope I says what you wanted and in the right font black chancery.

Madonna

Quote from: nikki166 on January 21, 2006, 03:34:16 PM
In the instructions on the web page...for some reason they screwed up. So i'm going to walk everyone through on how to do tri-color signatures. Just bear with me and take notes...lmao.
1. Find 3 glitters you would like on any of the links found on this page: http://www.pegs.citymax.com/page/page/623832.htm . Click on 3 colors of your choice and right click...then save to your computer, preferably "my pictures". It wouldn't hurt to set up a folder with glitter only...it makes it less confusing.
2. Go to banner generator and make your base signature, making sure that that text color is GRAY, background is TRANSPARENT, and user type is REGULAR. Then hit submit. Here's the link: http://linuxenvy.com/bprentice/Banners/Banners.html . Make sure you right click and save this image to your computer.
3. Open imagemagick studio: http://studio.imagemagick.net/MagickStudio/scripts/MagickStudio.cgi . Now the fun begins. Under filename, hit browse and upload your gray signature. Hit view.
4. At the top of this page you will see a bunch of index tabs. Hit COMPOSITE. Now under filename..upload the MIDDLE GLITTER BAR of your choice. Change the gravity to NORTH. Go down to compose and change that to IN. CHECK the tile across option. Scroll back up and hit composite.
5.Now that you see your name in one glitter, go back up to COMPOSITE. Upload the TOP glitter. Change OFFSET to +0-20. Leave gravity at NORTH. Scroll down to compose and change to ATOP. UNCHECK the tile across option. Go up and hit COMPOSTE.
6. Go back up to composite. Upload bottom glitter. Leave offset to +0-20. Change gravity to SOUTH. Make sure it still says compose ATOP and the tile across option is still UNCHECKED. Go to the middle of the page and hit COMPOSITE. Now you should see you have a 3 glitter STATIONARY banner. Now lets get some movement, shall we?
7. Go up to the tabs again and hit OUTPUT. Highlight GIF and make sure you select multi-frame file under that. Hit OUTPUT. Now, you right click and save this to your COMPUTER. Then, go to the image host of your choice and you're done. You now have a tri-color banner.

C~M

Hi shady, ty for making that, but I do as told as far as getting the siggy in the program first and then the glitter bar.  I also do all the stuff that is said as far as north and checking the box thing.  Well, all I get is a box the size of my siggy you made me with all glitter in it...lol...I guess I am gonna give up...thanks for trying to help me.

Madonna

Crazy, let me know what you are wanting and I'll make it for you. Just tell me colors and how you want it to look.

nikki166

RowdyOne

I'm getting closer to getting it working but the glittering part will eventually happen.

C~M

Well, I figured out how to get the banner Shady made me to be glittered...lol.  I had the banner and glitter bar saved to my puter, but it wouldn't work that way, so I used the url's for them and wah-lah!  How you like it?...lol

RowdyOne

wooooooohooooooooo finially got the border working :) thanks for the help everyone especially madonna!

Shady Lady

Shady Lady

Rowdy
Did you click on output after making it? You have to do that to make the glitter move.

RowdyOne

yours loks good to lady :)  Think that's going to be enough working on that tonight lol still have to try and finish some Pogo games  :)     have a good night eveyone and keep the glitter  glittering  :)

RowdyOne

i'll work on that tomorrow and have it beaten hopefully!!!!

Shady Lady

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview