This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

take a minute to think about this

Started by ipogoallday,

Previous topic - Next topic

ipogoallday

FACT: everyone complains about why pogo doesn't fix the glitches in their games.  Did you ever think it's because of all the cheats that they have to constantly try to find ways to stop the cheaters and fix glitches in the games?

FACT: everyone complains about getting booted on badge day or other times.  Here's a thought.  Maybe it's because pogo's servers get overloaded sometimes.  Probably about 25 percent of the people who are on at the same time are using autos.  If people would stop using autos i bet a lot of people would stop getting booted.

FACT: everyone complains about token caps on games.  Here's a thought on this.  It's because of autos people.  Autos are the reason that the token caps even exist.

FACT: some people complain that it's not right pogo makes people pay for the premium albums.  I bet half of those people use autos and paid maybe about 30 dollars for autos.  With that you could buy all 3 albums and have some money left over. 

FACT: Pogo will never be able to fix all the freezing problems while autos keep coming out.  They have to keep finding ways to stop auto programs. 

------
FACT: If autos stop coming out, chances are games will come out at a faster rate (hopefully)

FACT: If autos stop coming out, pogo will have more time to do more to their games and site

FACT: If autos stop coming out, maybe more time will be spent on the service we pay for

FACT: If autos stop coming out, pogo will probably not have as many server problems because people will only play when they have time

--Obviously this letter will not stop the autos, but maybe some people will actually think about this.  It's common sense people think about it.

hades

look at it like this....with all the efforts pogo puts into stopping autos they dont get far and they probably never will.instead of worrying about trying to stop something they cant they can focus elsewhere.and they cant be busy if they have time to re make crappy games.  ;)

ipogoallday

i guess that's one way to look at it but still, think about that stuff.  Autos are the #1 reason pogo gets nowhere at all.

hades

the biggest reason pogo gets nowhere is because their staff is half assed.how many members wrote for a problem or help and pretty much were blown off? id say maybe 80%? yet they have time to waste chasing autos yet havent stopped them.smh

ipogoallday

im slow what does smh mean? --
-- Pogo wont stop fighting autos because they just wont.  No good reason why they wont.  However, t he point is they aren't going to stop.  I'm just saying everything is one big circle.  Autos are made, people complain they can't get on during the day because the servers are slow (probably filled with auto users).  They buy autos and run them over night.  Then pogo just has to keep finding ways to do stuff.

hades

smh=shaking my head.

and many of pogos game problems arent caused by autos im sure.pogo is only chasing autos because they hate the thought of giving away anything easy and they look slow still because they cant really do anything to really stop them.

wattsmyname

There servers should be able to accommodate the same number of people that they accepted money from to play.

Mayhem

I think pogo is getting to the point where they don't care about auto users.

They have their java logs, we can't win the JP's (although I'm sure lots of us slip through the cracks anyways) and we are paying customers.

Imagine if they did a sweep and banned all of the users who used autos? that would be a huge blow to their revenue.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Country Lady

I agree with Mayhem.  This is the first time since I can remember that so many helpers did work at one time. 
I also think that pogo just doesn't have enough server space for all of their paying members to get on at the same time.  Wed. is a busy day and the servers just can't handle us all.

greenflash

Oh please... I am sure this will tick some people off but give me a break. Pogo doesn't really care about the autos. They are too BIG and there are too MANY. They know darn good and well they can't stop it and I don't think they even want to. It's all about MONEY and we know how AOL loves your money. People like the badges, kids love the badges and they can't play half of those games. Anybody with half a real life can't have time to win most of those badges. It's all about money and supply and demand. Pogo is making a fortune on the premium badge albums and memberships, they don't care if you use auto. If you pay they overlook it, you can be assured of that. The computer programmer for our corporation said if they didn't want auto use it would be simple as pie to stop it. They don't want to. That's what keeps people renewing because they don't want to lose their badges. I doubt auto use affects Pogo's servers or causes boots and freezes. Crumby employees and crumby servers do. I have seen them go down when there were only 75,000 people on yet run fine when 275,000 were playing so that blows that theory.
Maybe if AOL players( and I have AOL so don't go there ;) ) didn't get to play for FREE paying Club pogo members would not have so much trouble. AOL never cares about good customer service and neither does Pogo. Try to get them to respond personally to a tech problem. LOL LOL   Good luck. HOWEVER, if it has to do with closing your account and MONEY they are very attentive. Again it's all about money.
I personally would rather see an auto on to get some child's chess or backgammon badge while the parents help them with homework or spend quality time with them. So there are many sides to this issue and it can be viewed differently by all. Before I ever used an auto, I knew people did and it didn't bother me at all. I wanted to know where to get them! There are too many, Pogo can't stop it, they don't really care. If it means money or autos they will go for the money. The only reason they pay a bit of attention is the tattlers and they don't really listen to them anymore either.
Now I step off of my soapbox.  ;D

Bree

You have listed your "Facts" which I am sure you totally agree with, but as you said  "It's common sense people think about it".  I have a lot of common sense, but I do not believe that all the "Facts" you listed is caused by the autos being used.

Pogo has a lot of issues that do not pertain to any type of auto problems being used, but you never mentioned one of them.

Yes....I know this forum is to be able to say what you think and I think you should post in what "YOU" believe, but you can not know what "I" believe in or tell me this is plain common sense.  We are all different people and as such we all have the right to post what we think.

Your "Facts" are "YOURS" and we do not have to agree with your facts.  My "Facts" are "MINE" and I believe strongly that none of your above "Facts" have anything to do with autos being played.  I have a lot of common sense and I use it very well.

To each there own!!!!!

Madonna

wattsmyname

ipogoallday

Opinion and Fact are to different things. Lets not confuse Facts with Opinion. ::)

badgeaddict

Quote from: ipogoallday on January 29, 2006, 09:26:37 PM
i guess that's one way to look at it but still, think about that stuff.  Autos are the #1 reason pogo gets nowhere at all.
thats bs are u know it pogos #1 reason is because they dont wont to pay up the $$$ for the makers to make games faster
and those "facts" FACT: everyone complains about getting booted on badge day or other times.  Here's a thought.  Maybe it's because pogo's servers get overloaded sometimes.  Probably about 25 percent of the people who are on at the same time are using autos.  If people would stop using autos i bet a lot of people would stop getting booted. have u ever thought that hmmm maybe pogo just needs to buy more servers to be able to handle the lods, cause i know heaps of peopel that dont use autos and yet they get booted any way.

FACT: Pogo will never be able to fix all the freezing problems while autos keep coming out.  They have to keep finding ways to stop auto programs.  thats bs too pogo would be able to fix the freezing if they made the games more stable it has nothing to do with autos. its the unstable servers cause of the load..

and if u add up the money pogo makes  about 20mill all up 1mill members X the fee=20+million. they could make about 5 more severs a year and it wouldnt cost them a mill. and then we would have stable servers and we would be able to handle more people and then they would be making more money that way.

FACT: If autos stop coming out, chances are games will come out at a faster rate (hopefully)
wrong they would still tease us. and do u want to see the badgehelp team broke?
FACT: If autos stop coming out, pogo will have more time to do more to their games and site
pogo would still be doing the same amount of work with or without autos
FACT: If autos stop coming out, maybe more time will be spent on the service we pay for
nope they still wouldnt be much help
FACT: If autos stop coming out, pogo will probably not have as many server problems because people will only play when they have time
so u saying that autos are the cuase of small servers when theres about 300,000+ people on there?
--Obviously this letter will not stop the autos,  there will always be autos and we will always cheat no matter what! thats why where here

Country Lady

LOL, you got that right.  I started looking for helpers way back when I had my C64.  I haven't bought a pc game since Leisure suit Larry magna cum laud, but I went for a walk thru almost as soon as I installed it.
Once you discover cheats and use them you are hooked.  Why struggle for days or weeks or months when you can get a helper?
I play many of the games with out help, but there are times that if I didn't have a helper I would never finish the game.

badgeaddict

Quote from: Country Lady on January 29, 2006, 11:31:01 PM
LOL, you got that right.  I started looking for helpers way back when I had my C64.  I haven't bought a pc game since Leisure suit Larry magna cum laud, but I went for a walk thru almost as soon as I installed it.
Once you discover cheats and use them you are hooked.  Why struggle for days or weeks or months when you can get a helper?
I play many of the games with out help, but there are times that if I didn't have a helper I would never finish the game.
lol that games been banned in australia but dammm its fun lol

Jinx55

Quote from: ipogoallday on January 29, 2006, 09:22:27 PM
FACT: everyone complains about why pogo doesn't fix the glitches in their games.  Did you ever think it's because of all the cheats that they have to constantly try to find ways to stop the cheaters and fix glitches in the games?

FACT: everyone complains about getting booted on badge day or other times.  Here's a thought.  Maybe it's because pogo's servers get overloaded sometimes.  Probably about 25 percent of the people who are on at the same time are using autos.  If people would stop using autos i bet a lot of people would stop getting booted.

FACT: everyone complains about token caps on games.  Here's a thought on this.  It's because of autos people.  Autos are the reason that the token caps even exist.

FACT: some people complain that it's not right pogo makes people pay for the premium albums.  I bet half of those people use autos and paid maybe about 30 dollars for autos.  With that you could buy all 3 albums and have some money left over. 

FACT: Pogo will never be able to fix all the freezing problems while autos keep coming out.  They have to keep finding ways to stop auto programs. 

------

--Obviously this letter will not stop the autos, but maybe some people will actually think about this.  It's common sense people think about it.

All that may be Common Sense to you but it's Nonsense to me---  As far as it being Fact, humph---enough said   8)

crankycook

with all these facts being thrown out there, someone has not posted the biggest number 1 reason pogo won't do alot about auto use, other then banning someone, for X amount of time.
  They save money, the biggest fact is, in my opinion is, you use an auto, you hit a jackpot, you DON'T get paid, and pogo keeps the money. Plain and simple .

Momma

I have been sitting  back reading the post on this topic..I even got on my soap box (gawd help ya all) and got off it....and than back on it...this is good excersise btw...anyways...now for my two cents....

Hello my name is Momma and I AM A CHEATER....

geez that felt so good

hugs
momma

harley89

First you facts are bs. pogo could and should work on their servers. Second do you work for pogo and why are you here If you think autos are bad

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview