This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pet Peeve -- People leaving name up

Started by frumplebuns,

Previous topic - Next topic

frumplebuns

We've all been in rooms (like Lottso) where there are 24 people listed and only 14 actually playing. I've seen where people say things like "I've got errands to run. Leaving name up. be back in a couple of hours." Okay granted some of these people are probably running an auto, but many more are not. They are taking up a space that a PLAYING person could be using. This behavior is particularly annoying in games like Team Lottso or Poppa Zoppa when we all benefit from teamwork. I wish there was some way that Pogo could BOOT these people instead of boothing those of us who are actually playing. I never walk away from a game and leave my name up to keep from losing my place . . . I'd run an auto!  >:(

Passing soap box to next person

Happy Gaming
:D

bubblegum

I agree with ya.  If I do run an auto say like in lottso, I WILL NOT turn the auto on in a room with only 14 people.  Nor would I leave my name up just to leave it.  If I'm not going to turn the auto on I'm going to log out.  It will prevent people from thinking I'm cheating.  As for lottso, I will only turn the auto on in a room of 20 people or more.  Well, with any auto really I'll only turn it on and walk away in rooms that are filled to the max.

Country Lady

Like Poppit, gawd I hate trying to run an auto in there.  Ya have to get a full room.  I think everyone there checks that stats then compair notes in the chat about it.
I really dislike it when people save their place in lottso and poppa.  It hurts everyone in the room.  You get a full room and only 5 or 6 people playing.  Or the people that come into that type of room take up space and just chat.  Ther is no way in you know where that they could play the game and type at the same time.   

Jewel

lol, I actually complained to pogo about that very thing not too long ago.  They wrote me back and basically told me there wasn't anything they were going to do about it and to find a room with less people and play there.  >:(

QueenofSaturn

Rekindled Chaos

Doesn't bother me, i play both poppazoppa and lottso in the competitive rooms, I'm far too reliant on my own skills to allow someone else to help me

Helen

If people choose to leave their name up, that is their choice. They are paying for Club Pogo just as you are and they are entitled to do what they please. It's just like in tourney rooms. People get mad when they are asked to leave. No one has to leave just because they are deciding they want to run a tourney. The only room I think people don't belong in (if they are going to complain) is the censored room. That was put there for a purpose so if it offends you, get out!!

IndianLover

I tend to disagree with the complaint of people leaving their name in a room. I, myself occassionally leave my name in due to the fact that i am changing laundry around, tending to kids or something. My connection is direcway and it takes to far long for me to reload games. So i will not take my name out of a room just because i won't be at my computer for 10 minutes.

bubblegum

Quote from: IndianLover on January 31, 2006, 09:04:08 AM
My connection is direcway and it takes to far long for me to reload games. So i will not take my name out of a room just because i won't be at my computer for 10 minutes.

I don't think that is the issue. 10 or 15 minutes is one thing. To me thats no bigge.  I think at one point or another we all have had to leave our puters for 10 or 15 minutes. The issue however is people leaveing their names up for 45 minutes to an hour or longer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview