This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Teenagers, grrr!

Started by Mommylov1216,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommylov1216

These darn teenagers in Sweet Tooth are driving me mad! I cannot believe the mouths of 13 year olds! They have already managed to say all cuss words plus GD.. Then right before I left, two of them started cyber sexing!! I went into another room and then another and they ARE all filled with teens like this! I am speechless.. Pogo needs to ban teens like this lol

Anyone agree or has had this happen to them?

Brandon493

I'm 16, but will not go in any teen rooms because I can't stand them..Poppit's are the worst that I have ever seen...

Shady Lady

I would just report them and let them explain to their parents why their accounts got suspended.

Mommylov1216

All I know is I am 23 years old and if I went to my parents house and me being a grown woman, and used those words those kids were using, I would get the crap knocked out of me and then some. lol!  :P

I know that not all teenagers are like this but I swear the ones that are is who gives all teenagers bad reps!!
sheesh!

pogohatesme

lol sometimes I think the kids in those rooms are nothing in person like they are on here...it's just a big show for their "friends" in the rooms

IndianLover

The sadest thing of it all, is why are the parents not monitoring it???  ::)

harley89

I tend to agree they are using the internet to be what they are not usually. But I do wonder why dont their parents have any idea what they are doing. Most likely not as I see parenting as a dying art. My own daughter who is in her 30s has the only internet computer in the family area where all can be seen. She also goes back and checks where they have been. One of them almost got into trouble until she asked me about a web site and it was one I had been to. Guess what it was pogo cheats. She didnt know what the site was until I told her and that if they had been here not to worry it was monitored and pretty safe and if they got out of line the people at pogo cheats would have banned them

ClingFree

Quote from: IndianLover on February 04, 2006, 12:28:22 PM

I agree COMPLETELY ... I watched Dateline last night, and even tho my girls are 7 and 5 it'll be a cold day in h-e-double hockey sticks  before theyre allowed to "chat"

pogohatesme

Quote from: ClingFree on February 04, 2006, 01:35:23 PM

I agree COMPLETELY ... I watched Dateline last night, and even tho my girls are 7 and 5 it'll be a cold day in h-e-double hockey sticks  before theyre allowed to "chat"

Was that the Dateline about the perverted justice site??!?  I missed it...I go to that site all the time for the message boards and stuff ......It's a scary world out there on the net

PB On The Run

As a mom of 8 & 9 year old daughters, I monitor very closely what websites they visit.  Our comp is in our family room also.  Both girls love to play the games on pogo that I seem to hate (Greenback Bayou, Dice Derby, and any of the slots) LOL.  When they are on my account, I either have them on a private table, or the chat is turned off.  MY 9 year old came home from school 2 weeks ago wanting me to get her an AIM screen name so she can chat with other girls in her class on IM.  EEK!!  All I could say to her was you are welcome to call your friends on the phone, but for now the IM is off-limits. :o  :o  :o

*Angel*

My son is 6 years old, and enjoys playing on my Pogo account.  However, when he is on I am sitting right next to him watching tv and chat is off.  He can't read yet, and he has autism so he can't type but I still supervise his actions, and will until he is old enough to get out of my house.   :)

crankycook

Quote from: pogohatesme on February 04, 2006, 01:44:32 PM

Was that the Dateline about the perverted justice site??!?  I missed it...I go to that site all the time for the message boards and stuff ......It's a scary world out there on the net
yes it was, and boy was it scary. I'm just glad that my kids are grown, but if they weren't they would be strictly monitered on here.

pogohatesme

Quote from: crankycook on February 04, 2006, 02:13:54 PM
Quote from: pogohatesme on February 04, 2006, 01:44:32 PM

yes it was, and boy was it scary. I'm just glad that my kids are grown, but if they weren't they would be strictly monitered on here.

lol we're going totally off topic......but check out their website......www.pervertedjustice.com  it's a greatsite and has loads of info for parents on how to help your kids stay safe and stuff on the net.

Homer

For those of you with kids I came across this on the Microsoft site.

Prepare the PC for your kids
Tips to help make your computer useful and safe for kids

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/intouch/preparekidsPC.mspx

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Nymphy

Thats a big help, My son is 9 and believes he can rule the world with the keyboard infront of him.... I think he got that from me. :( Anywho thanks for the site

Homer

Your welcome. Also, if you really want to know what your kids are up to there are a number of programs that will track your children's activities. It will tell you where they've been and even make logs of IM chats as well. There are a lot of sickos out there and you know what they say..... An onuce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. O0

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ME4SPADES_

my are old enought to know better so im glad i dont have to worry bout this stuff but if i did have a little one they would only be learning and stuff to advance them in school the other on internet would be lock

badgeaddict

Quote from: Mommylov1216 on February 04, 2006, 11:37:36 AM
These darn teenagers in Sweet Tooth are driving me mad! I cannot believe the mouths of 13 year olds! They have already managed to say all cuss words plus GD.. Then right before I left, two of them started cyber sexing!! I went into another room and then another and they ARE all filled with teens like this! I am speechless.. Pogo needs to ban teens like this lol

Anyone agree or has had this happen to them?

i would just turn my chat off im 15 and i dont do anythign like that. plus i think cybering is kinda sad

TommySack

And how about all the kids that come into the "adult" rooms? You can't be sure who you're talking to half the time.I'm sure it's hard but there has to be a way for pogo,and other sites,to stop this.I agree 100% that it's poor parental supervision at the root of it...maybe have an age verification before they can join?

tonytony

Quote from: TommySack on February 05, 2006, 05:08:29 AM
And how about all the kids that come into the "adult" rooms? You can't be sure who you're talking to half the time.I'm sure it's hard but there has to be a way for pogo,and other sites,to stop this.I agree 100% that it's poor parental supervision at the root of it...maybe have an age verification before they can join?
An Age Verification thats just sad... Me Being a Father of 2 1 9 and 1 12  as long as they dont repeat what they hear in a chat room i dont care because weather u know it or not they hear and more than likely do worse at school :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview