This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bad Words in Whackdown

Started by enonymous,

Previous topic - Next topic

enonymous

Okie..so im not easily offended by words..really none at all...but when playing WWwhackdown i couldnt figure out one word..it turned out the word was "rape"  :o

Then the bonus round the last word was ..well..lets say its another name for male parts..think plural roosters..

now thats probably what they were thinking with it..but i just thought it was a odd thing to happen..

so i guess im just asking if theres any other "bad" words that youve found in this "family oriented" game?!

Kinda hard to have your daughter sitting playing with you going "daddy whats rape?" "what is ____cks"??  and then going repeating it!
>:(

RC

Those just happen to be actual legitimate words of the English language which can be found in the dictionary, and not just used as slang or objectionable words. Other words which have no other use than as profanity, you will not find in there.. it's just some of us go there with certain words whether it's meant that way or not lol. The one word you mentioned, rape.. it may be a horrible act, but there is nothing wrong with the word itself, it's just what's used. Murder isn't exactly a nice thing either, but I'm sure you can find that word in there too. If you need any explanations, just use the given dictionary definitions of the words and don't mention the other uses that adults use them for. A non-profane word like "rape" would need a better explanation though, to make it clear and understood.. if it's even appropriate at whatever age of child you'd be trying to explain it to.

enonymous

theres millions of words..i happened to get two uncanny ones at the same time lol. oh well..  ;)

Rekindled Chaos

I dont think "rape" is meant in WWW as you may have thought. It is a totally legitimate word and its 1st definition is a crop, thats right rape is a bright yellow flowering crop and you can see it all over the countryside over here in england

froggielover

um... i think ur meaning the c0ck word... it's another word for male chickens.. hear of c0ck fights? ::)

mailwench

Quote from: froggielover on February 15, 2006, 11:01:28 AM
um... i think ur meaning the c0ck word... it's another word for male chickens.. hear of c0ck fights? ::)

>:D >:D >:D ROFLMFAOOOOOOO

Bree

The true definition of rape is "a European herb (Brassica napus) of the mustard family grown as a forage crop for sheep and hogs and for its seeds which yield rapeseed oil and are a bird food -- compare CANOLA".  So Enonymous if you daughter asked you husband what does the word "rape" mean he can tell her the true definition of the word.

Most of the words that we think should not be there usually have double meanings.   :)

bubblegum

Bree

Quote from: bubblegum on February 15, 2006, 11:19:44 AM
oh wow guess I do learn something new every day

Yes that is true bubblegum, I think we all learn something new each and every day.

Mary

nanners

good job Bree. :D, as they say..Never to old to learn!

Rekindled Chaos

well im glad bree got all the acclaim even tho it was me that pointed out it was a crop, guess i will retreat back to my invisible font

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Rekindled Chaos on February 15, 2006, 04:54:13 PM
well im glad bree got all the acclaim even tho it was me that pointed out it was a crop, guess i will retreat back to my invisible font

LoL Chaos. Great 1st find!

enonymous

hrm interesting..never knew that :)
thanks guys/gals

lilywhite

Was  wondering  how  old your  daughter is  ?

heavenly

i know the dictionaries used for word whomp and word whomp whackdown aren't always the same, but i just had a game in word whomp and it WOULDN'T accept "rape"
i don't remember if it's always been that way or not though.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview