This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

new features coming soon to pogo!!!

Started by caroline196,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

maybe thats where she got it but  that does`nt matter because we did hear it first from her i for one don`t have time to run site to site and read there post i depend on pc for my info and caroline is a great source of info for us all i don`t care where she gets her info just as long as she comes here and tells us  :)

PogoThorn

Wow, Caorline! It looks like 2006 will be a busy year for Pogo. Thanks so much for sharing all this great information with us.

The custom challenges sound cool! I think an album we can fill with old badges (the ones we pick for personal challenges) would be a neat idea, too. Say we pay a certain amount for it and we can put any 10 (or whatever) old badges in it and get the 14 days to work on each one like the Premium challenges - but a twist could be that once we choose them we can't change them. We could finish our yearly albums faster that way.

Rose

tigereyes

Thanks for the info Caroline! I can't wait for the new features to be added. I'm interested to see what the custom badges will be like.

nightperson

i cant wait for tuesday im rear and ready for the new game mmmm i think i am lol alomst done with canasta what a long game

RowdyOne

just hope shuffle bump will be a little more challenging then wonderland memories was lol

SI

Here's a little more info, expanding on what Caroline already provided O0!  I've left out the list of games:

In addition, by the end of the year, Pogo plans on offering the following:

Updates to current games - A number of games will be redone, with the express purpose of adding minis to the games themselves. Many will have new graphics, but not necessarily include ranks or badges if they don't already.
* Blocked Friends List - Block people from seeing you on their friends list (Note: They'll see you on, just not the exact location!)
* Mini Items for a fee - Don't want to spend you valuable tokens? Spend a little money instead!
* Custom Badge Album - You get to choose the badge to add, and can add up to 10 per album. Choose from the selections available, the games and difficulty of challenges you want to do.
* Pogo Pets - From Chihuahuas to Turkish Angoras, all of your favorite dog and cat breeds will be available. Pogo Pets will be moody and to keep them happy, you'll need to give them an occasional treat. You will be able to earn treats just by playing all of your favorite Pogo games.
* Gifts for friend's Minis - Show your friends on Pogo how much they mean to you! Send them a gift for their Mini -- whether it's an animating box of chocolates, a bouquet of roses or that new costume they've been talking about.
* Animated backgrounds for Minis - With animated backgrounds, palm trees sway in the breeze, waves lap the sandy shore and clouds drift across the sky. Choose from dozens of different animations. Backgrounds range from serene nature settings to comedy and fantasy.
* Wardrobe packages for Minis - Choose from a number of matching wardrobes -- from designer evening wear to sports wear to historical costumes and more!
* Player-run tournaments and official competitions - Although players will ultimately run and host tournaments, Pogo will take care of all the logistics of running them. You may be playing for tokens, prizes or special badges -- and everyone wins a participation award.
[/list]
NOTE: All items listed, except for the game updates and blocked friends list, will require a fee -- ranging from $0.50 (for individual mini items) to $0.99 per custom badge added to $1.99 to host your own tournament to $2.99 for a wardrobe package to $3.99 for a pet!

More information about Player-run tournaments and official competitions:

Player-run tournaments - this will be the NEW way of participating in tournaments. Due to the sheer volume of complaints regarding a majority of the current tournament leagues, including the hosts and players, these will no longer be allowed on Pogo.
* Pogo official competitions - Events where players attempt to tally their best score (or complete certain goals) in a particular game. Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers and everyone who participates will receive a special reward.
* Team competitions - You create a team and your team competes against other teams in your league.[/li]
[/list]

bobby

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 19, 2006, 11:00:44 AM
Here's a little more info, expanding on what Caroline already provided O0!  I've left out the list of games:

In addition, by the end of the year, Pogo plans on offering the following:

Updates to current games - A number of games will be redone, with the express purpose of adding minis to the games themselves. Many will have new graphics, but not necessarily include ranks or badges if they don't already.
* Blocked Friends List - Block people from seeing you on their friends list (Note: They'll see you on, just not the exact location!)
* Mini Items for a fee - Don't want to spend you valuable tokens? Spend a little money instead!
* Custom Badge Album - You get to choose the badge to add, and can add up to 10 per album. Choose from the selections available, the games and difficulty of challenges you want to do.
* Pogo Pets - From Chihuahuas to Turkish Angoras, all of your favorite dog and cat breeds will be available. Pogo Pets will be moody and to keep them happy, you'll need to give them an occasional treat. You will be able to earn treats just by playing all of your favorite Pogo games.
* Gifts for friend's Minis - Show your friends on Pogo how much they mean to you! Send them a gift for their Mini -- whether it's an animating box of chocolates, a bouquet of roses or that new costume they've been talking about.
* Animated backgrounds for Minis - With animated backgrounds, palm trees sway in the breeze, waves lap the sandy shore and clouds drift across the sky. Choose from dozens of different animations. Backgrounds range from serene nature settings to comedy and fantasy.
* Wardrobe packages for Minis - Choose from a number of matching wardrobes -- from designer evening wear to sports wear to historical costumes and more!
* Player-run tournaments and official competitions - Although players will ultimately run and host tournaments, Pogo will take care of all the logistics of running them. You may be playing for tokens, prizes or special badges -- and everyone wins a participation award.
[/list]
NOTE: All items listed, except for the game updates and blocked friends list, will require a fee -- ranging from $0.50 (for individual mini items) to $0.99 per custom badge added to $1.99 to host your own tournament to $2.99 for a wardrobe package to $3.99 for a pet!

More information about Player-run tournaments and official competitions:

Player-run tournaments - this will be the NEW way of participating in tournaments. Due to the sheer volume of complaints regarding a majority of the current tournament leagues, including the hosts and players, these will no longer be allowed on Pogo.
* Pogo official competitions - Events where players attempt to tally their best score (or complete certain goals) in a particular game. Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers and everyone who participates will receive a special reward.
* Team competitions - You create a team and your team competes against other teams in your league.[/li]
[/list]
if you get a special badge for tourneys, we should make our own

slidecage2222

Quote from: nightperson on February 19, 2006, 09:46:08 AM
i cant wait for tuesday im rear and ready for the new game mmmm i think i am lol alomst done with canasta what a long game

got another week to wait..  shuffle dont come out till Next tuesday   (spades ranks  come out this tuesday)   Right??

Mary

well all i can say pogo or my league better give me back my $90.00 for my platuim acct.. >:( as for the rest i love them  O0

nightperson

ya i know love spades cant wait i always love when new games come out

tigereyes

All of this sounds really nice but pogo will really leave a hole in your wallet. I'm not going to be handing any money over to them except for my membership.

slidecage2222

Quote from: mama on February 19, 2006, 12:42:24 PM
well all i can say pogo or my league better give me back my $90.00 for my platuim acct.. >:( as for the rest i love them  O0

pogo dont own those leagues... i asked around in my  leauges that im in and   most of them said they would just move over to  YAHOO...  the leauges will stay  BUT you just wont be able to play them on pogo anymore....

SI

Yeah, I would definitely check with whomever is hosting your tournies, Mama.  Like Caroline said, and this site reaffirmed, all of these changes are going to be implemented by the end of the year.  You might be safe for now, but if Pogo is actually going to disallow outside tournies, then they must have informed the hosting sites.

Quote from: mama on February 19, 2006, 12:42:24 PM

bsipes

I can see pogo starting it's own tournys, try to capitalize on the $$$$$.

However I don't see how they can ban a league from playing there.  There is a league in almost every room in pogo now, go to PTRR and see.

I just don't see my league not being able to play.  There are some smaller leagues systems on pogo too, they will have to go too?

pogohatesme

Quote from: bsipes on February 19, 2006, 10:24:01 PM
I can see pogo starting it's own tournys, try to capitalize on the $$$$$.

However I don't see how they can ban a league from playing there.  There is a league in almost every room in pogo now, go to PTRR and see.

I just don't see my league not being able to play.  There are some smaller leagues systems on pogo too, they will have to go too?

What's PTRR?  And yes, they can ban leagues from playing in Pogo.  There's nothing in their TOS that says they have to let you play and nothing that says then need to give you any warning before they tell you that you can't play your tourneys there.  It's frankly just a matter of banning your account if you continue to try and run tourneys. 

Country Lady

I won't be paying for any of that stuff except maybe the badge albums.  I don't mind the tourneys, but would like to see them all held in tourney only rooms.  Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting into a tourney room.  It irritates me immensely when they type in all CAPS.
They hog the chat area completely and it is impossible to visit with your friends when they are in the room.  So far I have muted about a million tourney members I think.
Pogo is at fault here, they should provide rooms just for tourneys in all games.

As for paying money for a pet or a gift for a friend, they have to be kidding. But I am sure there will be those that will do it.
Country Lady

Bree

Sorry I am late with my post, but thanks Caroline for the information.  You are the best.... :D

campy

Ok I read where they will stop hosting on the pogo site so I decided to write pogo myself and this is what they said:

Discussion Thread
Response (Pogo Aron) 02/20/2006 11:07 AM 
Hi there,                                                                                                           

Thank you for contacting Club Pogo Support.

This is merely a rumor. Players sometimes misunderstand something, or speculate about something else, and someone else sees it, and thus a rumor is born! We recommend that you ignore it altogether and continue to play games as you have on Pogo. Whenever Pogo has an official announcement, we announce it in the appropriate place, depending on the context of the announcement.

If I can help you with anything else, please write back and let me know.

Pogo Anthony
Customer Service Representative
Club Pogo

caroline196

its a rumor lol
pogo just isnt ready to announce any changes yet,but it will happen this year

campy

Caroline, actually I agree with you. I also remember pogo saying they would not charge for badges and they did with the premium badges. Actually I don't believe them either.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview