This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bowling - General Info & Ranks

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

nightperson

well i would do better at the 50 feet the the 500 to 700  :))

hades

Helen

Quote from: hades on April 16, 2006, 05:16:48 PM
hmmm odd.rolling a big ball some fifty feet down a straight lane as opposed to hitting a small ball some five hundred to seven hundred yards to get in a small hole which also has hazards all around is a rather stupid comparison  ::)

I opt for the bigger ball!! Chasing some little ball all over doesn't appeal to me.  :))

Tara

Quote from: Helen on April 16, 2006, 06:09:24 PM
hmmm odd.rolling a big ball some fifty feet down a straight lane as opposed to hitting a small ball some five hundred to seven hundred yards to get in a small hole which also has hazards all around is a rather stupid comparison  ::)

I opt for the bigger ball!! Chasing some little ball all over doesn't appeal to me.  :))

:o

hades

nightperson

Helen

Quote from: nightperson on April 16, 2006, 06:51:36 PM
im in shlcked to bigger ones oh my :P

Ya'll got bad thoughts!! I said bigger ball (bowling ball) cause I prefer bowling to golf (little ball).   :oo

Helen

Well, sure it does. Can you see someone trying to hit a bowling ball off  of a tee??  :))

Blu

first off...700 yards? where do you play? par 5s r bout 500-550. anyway, sorry Mr. PBA, didn't know bowlings so easy.

Helen

Quote from: BluRaven on April 16, 2006, 07:34:33 PM
first off...700 yards? where do you play? par 5s r bout 500-550. anyway, sorry Mr. PBA, didn't know bowlings so easy.

Bowling is definately easier for me. In golf,there is no way I can hit that little ball and make it go more than 3 feet. On the other hand, I find it easier to roll that ball down the lane and at least knock half the pins down. I guess it just depends on what is easier for each person.

hades

some courses are indeed have seven hundred yard holes. but of course rolling a ball down a lane ompares to that  ::)

Jonathan

i love bowling but im not that good, my friends from the college used to make me go with them every week.....

ClingFree

Quote from: jrlt on April 16, 2006, 08:39:22 PM
i love bowling but im not that good, my friends from the college used to make me go with them every week.....

We did that too, but for the beer - not the bowling!

Libra

Quote from: ClingFree on April 17, 2006, 05:24:29 AM

Oh gawd.. My g-friends and I go to this place in Fort Lauderdale that is in a totally gay area of town.  It is HYSTERICAL!  Mostly it's all gay men and us.  They have themed nights (like disco) and karoke nights and it's such a blast.  You've never bowled to you've bowled with a screamin' queen  in the lane next to you!  :)) :)) :))

Lib

Blu

Quote from: hades on April 16, 2006, 08:29:57 PM
some courses are indeed have seven hundred yard holes. but of course rolling a ball down a lane ompares to that  ::)
Again, where? I watch a few PGA events & NEVER see 700yd holes. How's your PBA earnings doing since bowling's so easy?

bubblegum

Quote from: SunnyLibra on April 17, 2006, 08:31:10 AM
Quote from: ClingFree on April 17, 2006, 05:24:29 AM

Oh gawd.. My g-friends and I go to this place in Fort Lauderdale that is in a totally gay area of town.  It is HYSTERICAL!  Mostly it's all gay men and us.  They have themed nights (like disco) and karoke nights and it's such a blast.  You've never bowled to you've bowled with a screamin' queen  in the lane next to you!  :)) :)) :))

Lib

Hubby and I, well our nephew now to, go to the bowling ally/skating rink called Rainbows and Peaches.  Its so much fun.  Its full of gay people, drag kings and drag queens.  At times its like walking into a room full of the village people.  :))

Yes Libra, theres NOTHING like bowling with a bunch of drag queens next to ya.  We end up laughing with them so hard our sides hurt.  Its so much fun.  And roller skating with these people.... quite hysterical as well. :))

Blu

foxx

Really?  Found this today...

"-- According to The Guinness Book of World Records, the Satsuki Golf Course in Sano, Japan, boasts the longest hole in the world -- an exhausting 964-yard, par-7.

-- The longest hole Tiger Woods and his friends on the PGA Tour get to play every year is at the Firestone County Club in Akron, Ohio, for the WGC-NEC Invitational. It's hole No. 16 and measures 667 yards from the back.

-- And for a little more perspective, when the PGA Tour stops at the nearby Westchester Country Club in Harrison, the longest hole the pros play there is the No. 5 hole, which is only 565 yards. "

So, the average golfer is never going to see this sort of distance.  Most Par 4's run around 385 yards or so...I don't think its a stupid comparison at all...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview