PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 08:59:55 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

"Members Only"?? + a rant

Started by RC,

Previous topic - Next topic

RC

OK, I don't know if it's happening in many games, but has anyone noticed any non-members being able to get into the "Members Only" rooms? I just happened to go into a game, a members only room, and when I get there I immediately noticed an AOL icon next to someone's name, plus another non-member in the room. Now, I rarely ever talk in a room anymore, because these people just get on my nerves more than anything else.. which is why I try to choose a room that is as empty as possible or with the fewest people listed.. but my curiosity got the better of me, and with only 4 other people in the room I thought I was safe (mistake).. so I decide to ask a simple question- "Why are non-members able to get into Members Only rooms?" And I immediately get accused of bitching about it and being scared of some non-member getting higher scores than me! (umm ok, I didn't even start playing yet, not to mention I got higher scores than any of em, but that's beside the point). I then ask the one non-member, politely, and even state that I had no problem with them being there, but was curious as to how they got in a members only room. Apparently this chick is a girlfriend of the first chick who attacked me right off, and they try to double team and get me to go off or something.. but I simply state my question, and explain it carefully, but they just don't get it. The first chick was even throwing meaningless profanity out there that made no sense whatsoever. And later on, after I let it go, the other one then tries to explain it- and then goes on and writes a novel about how AOL people can play all the games for free but without certain other benefits (which isn't even true anymore, they can't play all the games, and were never allowed in the members only rooms even when they were). I explained it that way, and this person still did not get it.. and I was the one being accused of making a big deal out of it, and not letting it go, even tho I had stopped and was playing the game and they came with the novel out of thin air.

So... why did I even bother? ??? I should have known there had to be somebody, even with a room of 4 others.

Anyway.. do any of the sane people here have an answer for my legitimate question?

Country Lady

I've wondered the same thing but wasn't brave enough to ask.  Not right in my book, we have to pay for the  privilege of getting into members only rooms. 

RC

So this is something that has been going on for awhile? Like I said, I try to stick to the empty rooms, or ones with very few people at all, so this was the first time I had seen it. So, if this is happening on purpose by Pogo, why are they even listed as "Members Only" rooms, when it's obvious that they aren't? When new rooms are added for the AOL people, they are listed under the regular game rooms, and are mostly only temporary rooms.. if they are letting them into all of the rooms, then why is there even a distinction between the two?

Members only rooms was supposed to be a members privilege, and yet they are upping the price and taking away one of the privileges? (if it's them doing it) What's next.. AOL people get the special emoticons and private chat? Before ya know it, the badges may be the only difference, if even that.

ClingFree

Okay ... something I've noticed - Once pogo took away alot of the "AOL" rooms .. not all of em were taken away, and if you look at the room lists .. some say Temporary Rooms, instead of Temporary Members Rooms - Yeah, its early, and I cant think of one right off the bat but ummm try Mahjong for example?  If you click "Topics" .. You'll see Two Zoo's .. one is straight up Club Members .. the other allows AOL in it .... Could this have possibly been what type of room you were in RC?  Almost like .. theyre all mixed in together instead of how they were separated before

nightperson

i have seen some ppl in there with no badge next to there name but i thought it was pogo having problems :o

LaundryLady

Well, I do know that members have the option to not have their badges and mini's not show in non-member rooms.

Blu

Am I the only one who doesn't care who's allowed in rooms?

Do we need Members Only jackets, too?  :))

wattsmyname

No BluRaven I don't care either who is allowed in the rooms. I'm not usually playing (the auto is) and have never had a problem getting into the game I want to play. So I say let them play. Maybee they will sign up for a Club account and Pogo can fix some of the game issues with the extra revenue it will generate.

Marjorie

fyrebreather

Personally, what's the big deal about "members only" rooms anyway--meaning, why even bother having them, in that I've never had an issue getting into a game room anyway, even on challenge day...? Perhaps the only real reason is to avoid the bitterness that those who play have for what AOL members get for free  :))

foxx

LOVE the Members Only Jacket... :))  perhaps you should try to bring that fashion statement back blu...lol

Um...can't these "non-members" use backdoors and "sneekin" in just like I can?

Blu

Quote from: foxx on March 20, 2006, 08:36:01 AM
LOVE the Members Only Jacket... :))  perhaps you should try to bring that fashion statement back blu...lol

Um...can't these "non-members" use backdoors and "sneekin" in just like I can?

tyty foxx.

This whole non-members issue makes me wanna call pogo & aol & cancel!  ;)

foxx

Lets not go there again!  That thread went bye-bye!  (which I was kinda sad about this morning...wanted to see what happened...damn curiosity....)

Blu

Quote from: foxx on March 20, 2006, 08:42:46 AM
Lets not go there again!  That thread went bye-bye!  (which I was kinda sad about this morning...wanted to see what happened...damn curiosity....)

Yea that thread was fun. I'm cancelling EVERYTHING now...pogo, aol, aim, comcast, pogocheats, badgehelp...EVERYTHING!  >:D

foxx

Quote from: BluRaven on March 20, 2006, 08:47:15 AM
Quote from: foxx on March 20, 2006, 08:42:46 AM

Yea that thread was fun. I'm cancelling EVERYTHING now...pogo, aol, aim, comcast, pogocheats, badgehelp...EVERYTHING!  >:D

:))  Smartass...and I love it.

Bree

Please do not start this again today.  Yes we all have a opinion here, but do not start up again about the topic that was deleted

yesterday.

All it will do is cause trouble again.  Thank You. :)

Nymphy

talk to me about this non member thing for pogo?
I pay but I dont have to???
What am I missing.
Backdoor?
Damn it.
Someone needs to go into a lil detale, not alot but just a lil to get me up to speed on the lil down low in Pogizzle.
lol jk

foxx

Ok..so I tried using the backdoor sites  (2 different ones) with a non-club ID to get into the club games... and my hypothesis has been proven false!  I tried to get into pinochle and poppazoppa...both times it looked like it was gonna work, but then I got an error message box with the words "entitlement error".  How did they know I have a sense of entitlement? lol

...so, anyone else have any ideas how those non-members got in there?  I have to admit, it kinda makes me crazy too...

hades

RC

Quote from: ClingFree on March 20, 2006, 03:32:38 AM
Okay ... something I've noticed - Once pogo took away alot of the "AOL" rooms .. not all of em were taken away, and if you look at the room lists .. some say Temporary Rooms, instead of Temporary Members Rooms - Yeah, its early, and I cant think of one right off the bat but ummm try Mahjong for example?  If you click "Topics" .. You'll see Two Zoo's .. one is straight up Club Members .. the other allows AOL in it .... Could this have possibly been what type of room you were in RC?  Almost like .. theyre all mixed in together instead of how they were separated before

As coincidence would have it, Cling, the game I was in was actually Mahjong.. but it wasn't under the topics tab, it was a 30's tab, and I was in a named room which only had one of them listed. All of the regular rooms have temporary number names, everything listed under "Members Only" has some type of name to it. I did check out the topics tab and noticed the 2 Zoo named rooms under the same Members Only heading.. that just makes no sense in the world to me.. if one of them allows the AOL people, then put it down under the regular room heading, isn't this why they have 2 different headings in the first place? If they're gonna be mixing and meshing the rooms together, how the heck is anyone supposed to know what is members only, and what isn't?? I can see where a lot of people wouldn't care if non-members can get into any room, and like I first stated to the person in my case, I didn't care at the time.. but I think the main reason for it, at least for me, is someone is less likely to start trouble and go off on people in members only rooms, because they are paying for their membership and would most likely not like to see it get banned or suspended for any amount of time.. they are paying for a reason, and I don't think that it would be to have to be playing under other regular sn's all the time because of getting reported a lot. This is why I would choose a members only room over a regular one, given the option.. just to keep away from the majority of the childish behavior that goes on by a lot of people who think, 'oh well, if this name gets banned, I'll just go sign in under another one'.. not so easy if they are paying for it.

And Velvet.. err, foxx, lol sorry jk... I did the exact same thing, tried doin the backdoors just to see what would happen, and got the same entitlement errors, so I knew it wasn't happening that way. If Pogo is going to keep Members Only rooms.. they at least need to seperate them from the rest of the rooms and put them under the right headings.. otherwise there is just chaos!!  :D

foxx

Quote from: RC on March 20, 2006, 04:53:17 PM

And Velvet.. err, foxx, lol sorry jk... I did the exact same thing, tried doin the backdoors just to see what would happen, and got the same entitlement errors, so I knew it wasn't happening that way. If Pogo is going to keep Members Only rooms.. they at least need to seperate them from the rest of the rooms and put them under the right headings.. otherwise there is just chaos!!  :D

>:D  RC...I will get you for that!  I knew I shouldn't have opened my big mouth!   ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview