Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Fantasy Baseball

Started by SI,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

bobby

foxx

OK...I cannot figure out for the life of me how to play fantasy baseball.  Could someone direct me to a "how the frickin thing works" section on the site?

bobby

Quote from: foxx on April 08, 2006, 08:36:16 AM
OK...I cannot figure out for the life of me how to play fantasy baseball. Could someone direct me to a "how the frickin thing works" section on the site?
you match up againt another team and you play against them for i think a week, it keeps track of your player hits,era,batting ave,fielding pct,and stolen bases,after the week is up who ever had a better week wins

Tara

OK...I cannot figure out for the life of me how to play fantasy baseball.  Could someone direct me to a "how the frickin thing works" section on the site?

Lmao...there isn't one , I have been looking for a week. Although I did a trade somehow and now I don't remember what I did.  I had to resort to calling my ex hubby to ask him, because he plays it all the time... It consists of reading the sports EVERYDAY and working on it everyday. So I have decided to just sit back and let the guys beg for players .   >:D  And when a good offer comes up I will trade  >:D

foxx

Quote from: bobby on April 08, 2006, 08:38:28 AM
OK...I cannot figure out for the life of me how to play fantasy baseball. Could someone direct me to a "how the frickin thing works" section on the site?
you match up againt another team and you play against them for i think a week, it keeps track of your player hits,era,batting ave,fielding pct,and stolen bases,after the week is up who ever had a better week wins

Ok...so its like fantasy football in the matching up against another team thing...but which stats mean the most...as far as fantasy points go?

*oh, and thanks bobby...

bobby

foxx

Tara

Ok Bobby I traded ya...now you have to be nice to me for a week starting on Monday... :P

bobby

Quote from: Tara on April 08, 2006, 08:43:27 AM
Ok Bobby I traded ya...now you have to be nice to me for a week starting on Monday... :P
fiiiiiine  ;D

Helen

Hey Bobby, run that trade by me one more time. After I turned you down I noticed I have two players with the same last name, lol. Which one did you want??

Ethan_Hawley

Actually the league we are in is a 'Rotisserie' league not a head-to-head league.

The way it works is...

Your "team" of players continuously gathers stats in the categories listed.  Avg., H, K, HR, ERA, etc., etc.

Then your cumulative stats are compared to the cumulative stats of the other teams in the league, and then ranked for points. 

For example:  11 teams in our league, let's say Foxx's Foxes leads in homeruns, Bobby is second, and I am third.  Foxx would get 11 points, Bobby 10, and me 9.  Every category is like that.  Then it adds up your 'points' from all categories to determine the overall leader.  That's why it changes every day. 

So if you led the league in most statistical categoies you would most likely be the overall league leader as well. 

Make any sense at all?  Sorry if that didn't help.

Helen

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on April 08, 2006, 11:49:29 AM
Actually the league we are in is a 'Rotisserie' league not a head-to-head league.

The way it works is...

Your "team" of players continuously gathers stats in the categories listed.  Avg., H, K, HR, ERA, etc., etc.

Then your cumulative stats are compared to the cumulative stats of the other teams in the league, and then ranked for points. 

For example:  11 teams in our league, let's say Foxx's Foxes leads in homeruns, Bobby is second, and I am third.  Foxx would get 11 points, Bobby 10, and me 9.  Every category is like that.  Then it adds up your 'points' from all categories to determine the overall leader.  That's why it changes every day. 

So if you led the league in most statistical categoies you would most likely be the overall league leader as well. 

Make any sense at all?  Sorry if that didn't help.

Yes, that makes sense but then one day I lost 27.5 points. How did I lose them if I already had them?? No fair, lol.

Ethan_Hawley

Because it is continually changing.  There are only a set amount of points possible.  11 points per category is the maximum and that would be if you led every statistical category. 

So let's say, for example, that one of your pitchers has a horrible game and gives up 10 runs.  His ERA is going to go up your overall ERA (from all your team's pitchers) will go up as well.  Most likely some other team (bobby, dj_si, hades, whoever) will then have a better ERA than you.  If you were first in that category (11 points) you probably just dropped a few spots (8 points, let's say).  That's how you can lose points.

These leagues really aren't my favorite, I prefer head-to-head.  But they are fun and challenging because you really have to keep an eye on who has a hot bat, gets lots of stolen bases, stuff like that.  Have to watch it every day.

bobby

Quote from: Helen on April 08, 2006, 11:33:43 AM
Hey Bobby, run that trade by me one more time. After I turned you down I noticed I have to players with the same last name, lol. Which one did you want??
i wanted to trade for felix hernandez

Tara

Hey Bobby, After I turned you down

Uh huh, caught you hijacking !!!! You two keep your stuff in private would ya?  This is a family site  ::)

Tara

Quote from: Tara on April 08, 2006, 07:33:59 AM
Excuse me,  Can I have you undivided attention for a minute?  I don't mean to be showing off, bragging , or throwing it in your face that I, yes me , has took over 1st place and I refuse to move !!!

And I will wear this proudly in my siggy so everyone knows >:D

Ps. I am not conceited     :D   

Just wanted to remind everyone again that someone I know is still in 1st  :D ;D :D ;D

Helen

Quote from: foxx on April 08, 2006, 08:43:16 AM
Quote from: bobby on April 08, 2006, 08:41:28 AM
batting average and era

Ok...how many pitchers do I start at one time?

That was one of my questions too. DJ answered all my questions in a very detailed PM and now I think I understand a little of what's going on. (very little)  :))

Helen

Quote from: Tara on April 08, 2006, 02:55:08 PM

Uh huh, caught you hijacking !!!! You two keep your stuff in private would ya?  This is a family site  ::)

Hey brat, next time copy the WHOLE post and don't do your own editing!! :)) :))

Tara

Quote from: Helen on April 08, 2006, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: Tara on April 08, 2006, 02:55:08 PM

Hey brat, next time copy the WHOLE post and don't do your own editing!! :)) :))

:o  Who moi?   :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview