This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Sign In/Out

Started by pjl_tn,

Previous topic - Next topic

hades

i dont have to sign in each time either.but signing on my gf's name now is more of a pain  :-\

Helen

Quote from: hades on April 10, 2006, 08:34:15 AM
i dont have to sign in each time either.but signing on my gf's name now is more of a pain  :-\

I don't have to sign in each time either. It's when switching names takes the extra step.

pjl_tn

Well, doesn't look like we'll get the shortcut back to sign in as a different user. Found this in the help section:

Question
  Why can't I edit or change my screenname?

Answer
  We know that the Edit Screenname feature has been very popular for players who play our games through the pogo.com homepage. It's been used extensively since we released it early last year, and we know you probably have questions about why we took it down. We'll do our best to answer your questions here.

Q: Why did you remove the Edit Screenname feature?
A: As you probably know, pogo.com was purchased by EA.com back in April of 2001. We've been working tirelessly at becoming one cohesive company by integrating the best of what pogo.com and EA.com have to offer. Our goal is to offer you the best online entertainment in the world. This process has gone very smoothly so far, with just a few bumps in the road. One of the 'bumps' we recently encountered was the 'edit screenname' feature. While pogo has offered this option to it's players for some time now, EA.com does not. We had to integrate our two systems, and the current 'Edit Screenname' feature is not compatible with the new integrated system.

Q:When will 'Edit Screenname' be back?
A: In it's present form, the edit screenname feature may not ever return. We're still in the process of determining if we can get the feature to work through some other means.

Q: What's all the fuss about? I never had the option to 'Edit Screenname'!
A:If you play pogo games through any of our partner sites (AOL, CompuServe, EA.com, etc) then your account is a special type of account that's linked to your member name for the partner site you play through, and you don't have the option to change your screenname. This particular change only affects those whose accounts were created through the www.pogo.com homepage.

Q: What other options are you exploring to replace 'Edit Screenname'?
A: We're already starting to investigate other ways of bringing you the same capability through other means. We're exploring many options including (but not limited to):
The ability to transfer tokens, ratings and stats to a different screenname;

The ability to block your screenname from being added to people's friends lists (to avoid harassers and abusers)

Exploring other methods for giving you the ability to change your screenname
At this point, we don't know what solution will be reached. However, we are investigating all available options, and we are committed to filling the role of Edit Screenname through some other means.

nightperson

Helen

LastCall

Fact is Pogo wants your money that is it in a nut shell
  you want another screen name you pay for it as far as there concerned
they don't give a damn O0

Helen

Quote from: LastCall on April 14, 2006, 06:55:54 AM
Fact is Pogo wants your money that is it in a nut shell
  you want another screen name you pay for it as far as there concerned
they don't give a damn O0

It seems the new games are taking so long to come out because they are too busy scheming on ways to get more money out of us.

Mr. Scandalous

what do you mean by "edit your screenname"? like you can have your registered username, but put something different to appear or what do you mean? I'm confused and never saw that feature on Pogo and I've been there since 2001... or do you mean signing in as a different user? because that is still possible, I did it today when I transfered tokens to my regular name (and yes, that, too, is already possible - all you have to do is go into one of the high rollers rooms in High Stakes Poker and fold on the name you want to lose tokens and they'll go into the name you want)

but to sign in on a different one, you click "sign out," then you click "go back to games/homepage" or whatever it is when it leads you to that green and white page once you log out... then it has the register and sign in buttons, it's not that difficult...

and now Pogo is down again, at least for me... sigh

Tara

Its not down for me...What were you playing?

Mr. Scandalous

I wasn't playing anything, I had to reboot and came back, typed in the URL and it didn't come up, then it took me to a search engine page

Mr. Scandalous

nevermind, I must've typed the URL wrong... I type with only my index fingers and sometimes I go a little too fast

Homer

Either that or your browser might have been hijacked. You might want to scan your pc for spyware etc. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Helen

Quote from: Homer on April 14, 2006, 07:43:42 PM
Either that or your browser might have been hijacked. You might want to scan your pc for spyware etc. ;)

You said a bad word  :oo    :oo    :oo

ClingFree

Quote from: Helen on April 14, 2006, 07:49:09 PM

ooooooh Gigglesnort!

Helen

Quote from: ClingFree on April 14, 2006, 07:49:39 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 14, 2006, 07:49:09 PM

ooooooh Gigglesnort!

You saw it too, huh??  :oo   :oo

TmT

offense...BAD WORD
Ok sir, can I ask you to step awayyyyyyyy from the keyboard and put your hands on top of the monitor

Homer

It may be a bad word but it is releveant to the Mr. Scandalous problem.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mary

i don`t like what they did on ie all that sign in and out crap i like it much better the other way all i had to do was put 1 letter in the box and pw and sn came up damn pogo  >:( have 3 accts. to go into everyday and now this  >:( like i said damn pogo  >:(

Helen

Quote from: Homer on April 14, 2006, 08:10:19 PM
It may be a bad word but it is releveant to the Mr. Scandalous problem.

Oh Homer, I was just joking with you!!!  :P

krispy

i hate it. this signup thing is a real mess.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview