This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pinochle Ratings

Started by missminimouse,

Previous topic - Next topic

missminimouse

Couple months ago someone I met on here was kind enough to help me get my pinochle rating up to master.  I stopped playing pinochle all together for awhile to give myself a break.   Last week or so I decided to help a couple of my friends get their ratings up to master also.   Well,  I'm now at the point where both of their ratings are higher than mine.   I've played a few real rated games by myself to try to get my rating back up,   but seem to do nothing but lose those.  Starting to get really annoyed at the whole process.   Getting to the point where our ratings are only changing by 1 point per game,   where as when i first started it was 4 or 5 points per game.   Not much,  I know,   but at least it's guaranteed win,  instead of a loss and going down 20 points.  Just getting really annoyed at the whole process.   Wish it could be slightly easier.
thanks for letting me vent.

wattsmyname

Just keep trying you will get your ratings back.

triniqueen27

ClingFree

Quote from: missminimouse on April 18, 2006, 12:19:38 PM
Couple months ago someone I met on here was kind enough to help me get my pinochle rating up to master.  I stopped playing pinochle all together for awhile to give myself a break.   Last week or so I decided to help a couple of my friends get their ratings up to master also.   Well,  I'm now at the point where both of their ratings are higher than mine.   I've played a few real rated games by myself to try to get my rating back up,   but seem to do nothing but lose those.  Starting to get really annoyed at the whole process.   Getting to the point where our ratings are only changing by 1 point per game,   where as when i first started it was 4 or 5 points per game.   Not much,  I know,   but at least it's guaranteed win,  instead of a loss and going down 20 points.  Just getting really annoyed at the whole process.   Wish it could be slightly easier.
thanks for letting me vent.

I assume you know that 500 point games give you "more" than say a 100 or 250 game, right? 

Other than that .. vent away!

missminimouse

ClingFree

Quote from: missminimouse on April 18, 2006, 12:57:28 PM
How much more?

Not enough to make you do cartwheels, but more (Helpful arent I? Sorry I dont know the exact amount)

mog

well there are 4 players playing a rated game, 2 guys are gonna have to win and the other 2 have to lose. so there's nothing much you could complain about. a card counter will help greatly. also knowing your partner's hand is a big adv.

missminimouse

Ok cling,  I just played a couple 500 pt games using me,  1 of my friends,  and 2 fake names,   man you are right,  it really does make you go up a whole lot more.   TY for the hint.

ClingFree

Quote from: missminimouse on April 18, 2006, 03:45:00 PM
Ok cling,  I just played a couple 500 pt games using me,  1 of my friends,  and 2 fake names,   man you are right,  it really does make you go up a whole lot more.   TY for the hint.

I'm glad I was able to help! 

hades

playing 500 games is by far the best way to go up. anything less and it takes forever  :-\

Helen

I'm at Advanced now, not far from expert. Some day..... :))

hades

Helen

I think you need to give me some of those rating points!!!  :))

hades

after i get to master ill donate a few to you  :P

Bree

I do not know what rank I am on but I will never hit Masters in Piochle.

Helen

Ahhhh, never say never Bree. All good things take time!!!

tmonsteriii

yes hades, me too, please share the wealth.  i was up top 1699 went down to 1215 and am now back up to 1580 really want my expert.  thank you

hades

foxtrot

you should play me then, my rating is hovering around 1400 or maybe a little bit lower, i guess no intermediate badge for me

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview