This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

World Cup

Started by Ethan_Hawley,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan_Hawley

About every four years I start feeling the nationalistic fervor for soccer/football.  It's really the only time I ever 'care' about this sport!  I have no idea how the USofA will do this time around, but hopefully they can improve on their strong showing in Japan/Korea in 2002.

If anyone is interested I formed a fantasy game on Yahoo! You can pick a lineup and stuff, I don't know, thought it would be fun.  Especially since most people are probably like me and know almost NOTHING about international soccer. 

If you want to sign up the group# is 28638 and the password is spike  .

Free to join and for fun only, open to everyone!  PM me for more info and I will get back to you when I can.

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Ethan_Hawley

Well then...

...since the interest level is hovering right around 0% I'm gonna go ahead and canx the whole fantasy thing.   ;D O0

I will, however, still be getting up at 0700 monday morning to watch the US whoop up on the Czechs.  USA!

SaintHiρρo

LoL, sorry Ethan. I enjoy watching it but playing in a fantasy league when I can't name more than 4 countries (or whoever is playing) just isn't for me.

Tara

I'm sorry Ethan, but I have learned my lesson about participating in any fantasy leagues in sports.  I will just stick to fulfilling my regular fantasies.   :P

RowdyOne

At least with Ethan we wouldn't have to put up with that so called Baby Hewy Hitler as a comish as we do in fantasy baseball lol I would join Ethan but i don't watch it as much as i do baseball.

Ethan_Hawley

No apologies necessary my friends.  I knew it was a stretch to begin with...just thought there might be some closet soccer fans out there.

No biggie!  O0

Ethan_Hawley

Well that was a pathetic showing.

USA 0-3 Czech Republic

>:(( :xx :'((

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on June 12, 2006, 11:47:34 AM
Well that was a pathetic showing.

USA 0-3 Czech Republic

>:(( :xx :'((

Yeah, watching it from across the office on our TV. They have it playing. I can't hear sound and I can barely make out what's going on but I hear people say "damn it, they scored again" so I knew we were losing.

cory rocker 2006

>:((usa didnt look good at all  well we are  going to get creamed vs italy  :-\

triniqueen27

Ethan_Hawley

Ok ok, I know this is the most unloved sports topic going, but I can't resist.

Saudi Arabia v. Tunisia...I almost didn't watch this one.  But it was the most exciting and competitive game I've seen so far.  2-2 draw with the equalizer coming 3 minutes into stoppage time.  Pretty cool....I don't even know where Tunisia is in Africa!

Trini, big match against the UK coming up huh?  I'm pulling for T&T also, gotta love the underdogs.   O0

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on June 14, 2006, 11:08:21 AM
Ok ok, I know this is the most unloved sports topic going, but I can't resist.

Hey, when I get a chance I'm watching. Rooting on USA & Mexico. I just don't have a clue as to anything except a yellow card is a warning and a red card gets you thrown out the game and you can't play the next one. Oh, and the goalie is the only one allowed to use his hands unless you're throwing the ball back into play.

nanners

Rekindled Chaos

Oh well trinny and tobago didnt fair too well against England.... Cmon the 3 lions!!!! And not to be pedantic but it does annoy me when people say they are playing UK. Nope just England, you will find the other countries that make up the UK want England too lose as much as everyone else lol

kazandchip

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: Rekindled Chaos on June 16, 2006, 02:24:27 PM
Oh well trinny and tobago didnt fair too well against England.... Cmon the 3 lions!!!! And not to be pedantic but it does annoy me when people say they are playing UK. Nope just England, you will find the other countries that make up the UK want England too lose as much as everyone else lol

My apologies...

Keep forgetting that this board has a distinct international flavor.

Any predictions on USA v. Italy tomorrow?  I'm trying to stay positive, but I don't think it looks good.  The whole side seemed to have some major jetlag versus Czech.   >:((

bobby

i know nothing about soccer, but i will say 2-0 italy

Ethan_Hawley

I'm gonna say 3-2 USA.   :** :** :**

Hopefully they'll find their offense and just blow them out.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on June 17, 2006, 09:42:11 AM

I hope you're right. I want the USA to accomplish one mission they set out to do.

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: SainŦHiρρo™ on June 17, 2006, 09:44:55 AM
Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on June 17, 2006, 09:42:11 AM

I hope you're right. I want the USA to accomplish one mission they set out to do.

Hahaha, nice.  Although I would say that the World Cup is pretty much the only thing on European soil that the US hasn't dominated.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview