Main Menu

New challenges and badges!

Started by Mr. Scandalous,

Previous topic - Next topic

hades

Mr. Scandalous

Quote from: damian666 on June 17, 2006, 09:20:00 PM
Quote from: hades on June 17, 2006, 09:02:15 PM
july 14th-17th theyre having a phlinx weekend badge.

you get a special edition badge for getting 3333 tokens.  :P

How is everyone getting the info on this and the badges and challenges shown at the beginning of this thread?
Quote from: hades on June 17, 2006, 10:37:07 PM
pogo related website.

Any new stuff out lately? I'm still banned for "stealing" images (ROFL) on those two websites, so I can't see what's been released to post anything. I found one site, though, but it hasn't been updated lately.

I'd go on my other computer, but it's in the shop cos someone gave it ANOTHER malicious virus that crashed the hard drive!

Hey, hades, what's the Special Edition badge for Phlinx look like?

I wish I was more informative like I used to be, but not until I get an IP change which probably won't be for a while yet.

outlawdave

i also found these challenges to

Week of 07/12
Shuffle Bump - Score 31 points or more in a single round, 18 times this week!
Tri Peaks - Use a wild card 10 times this week!
Special Phlinx Badge
Weekend July 14-17
Win 3,333 tokens or more this weekend!

Week of 07/19
Blooop - Make 15 VERTICAL matches of 4 or more discs this week!
Word Jong - Earn 4,000 tokens this week!

bubblegum

Allright folks, if I shouldn't have posted this, I'm sorry in advance.  But I have been given this link:

http://www.eapogo.com.cn/login/login.do?parsid=73210

The link works on my puter so it should work for you guys.  Its the web address for pogo china.

bobby

Libra

Quote from: bubblegum on June 24, 2006, 08:19:55 AM
Allright folks, if I shouldn't have posted this, I'm sorry in advance.  But I have been given this link:

http://www.eapogo.com.cn/login/login.do?parsid=73210

The link works on my puter so it should work for you guys.  Its the web address for pogo china.

Yay!  Now my boyfriend can play!  :D

Just kidding.  Although he speaks fluent cantonese, he can't read a lick of it.  :))

hades

Mr. Scandalous

Dice City Rollers and Turbo 21 remake is coming out in July.

July's Jigsaw Detective badge:

Upcoming Challenges:

July 12 - July 18

Shuffle Bump - Bump n' Shuffle Badge - Score 31 or more points in a single game 18 times!

Tri-Peaks Solitaire - Peaks of Peril Badge - Use a "Wild Card" 10 times this week!

Phlinx Weekend Badge - Win 3,333 or more tokens this weekend between July 14 and July 17!

July 19 - July 25

Blooop! - Water Toy Badge - Make 15 VERTICAL matches or 4 or more this week! (Do this quicker with a 17 or 27 point game.)

Word Jong - WordJong Temple Badge - Earn 4,000 tokens this week!

3 year Pogo badge

That's all I got for now, over and out!

slidecage2222

Quote from: Mr. Scandalous on June 28, 2006, 05:58:49 PM
Dice City Rollers and Turbo 21 remake is coming out in July.

July's Jigsaw Detective badge:

Upcoming Challenges:

July 12 - July 18

Shuffle Bump - Bump n' Shuffle Badge - Score 31 or more points in a single game 18 times!

Tri-Peaks Solitaire - Peaks of Peril Badge - Use a "Wild Card" 10 times this week!

Phlinx Weekend Badge - Win 3,333 or more tokens this weekend between July 14 and July 17!

July 19 - July 25

Blooop! - Water Toy Badge - Make 15 VERTICAL matches or 4 or more this week! (Do this quicker with a 17 or 27 point game.)

Word Jong - WordJong Temple Badge - Earn 4,000 tokens this week!

3 year Pogo badge

That's all I got for now, over and out!

I wonder why  They are keepin that  turbo 21 thing in the calender about buttons.  I will be major shocked if a game comes out tuesday. I would expect noone in the office cause of the  4th....

Sucks they said   Turbo 21 will be out in  June now they say  July.     Next month they will say  AUG      LOL

Phlinx Weekend Badge - Win 3,333 or more tokens this weekend between July 14 and July 17

I have heard this is going to be a major pain the   butt.   Rumor im hearing is  Pogo is going to cap this game major. you get like  1 token for every 100 stones that fall and    spins will be capped at  25 tokens.    If this is true this will take all weekend to get   

Sassy

I wonder why  They are keepin that  turbo 21 thing in the calender about buttons.  I will be major shocked if a game comes out tuesday. I would expect noone in the office cause of the  4th....

Sucks they said   Turbo 21 will be out in  June now they say  July.     Next month they will say  AUG      LOL

Phlinx Weekend Badge - Win 3,333 or more tokens this weekend between July 14 and July 17

I have heard this is going to be a major pain the   butt.   Rumor im hearing is  Pogo is going to cap this game major. you get like  1 token for every 100 stones that fall and    spins will be capped at  25 tokens.    If this is true this will take all weekend to get   
[/quote]

Oh That will suck as hubby has made secret plans for that weekend for us as its our anniversary.  He's telling me there will be no computers involed that whole weekend.  :'(( :'(( :OO :OO

:;'

hades

Mr. Scandalous

I wanna know why they're doing a Special Edition badge in Phlinx. Normally they only do one if the game is new/remade or if it's a seasonal game like Spooky Slots... so is something new coming to Phlinx?

I doubt they'd do that to the game or else they wouldn't even make the challenge. Pogo makes all challenges possible, so you know... wherever you heard that from, slidecage, I think it's bullchit.

hades

maybe pogo just wanted a summer special edition event and randomly picked a game.

slidecage2222

Quote from: hades on June 28, 2006, 10:50:39 PM
where did you hear it? pogo room?  :-X

heard it from another site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt they'd do that to the game or else they wouldn't even make the challenge. Pogo makes all challenges possible, so you know... wherever you heard that from, slidecage, I think it's bullchit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember the  QUick quack badge    50,000  tickets.  They also said in  5-10 weeks   what would of pushed it to the last week of may to the first week of july...  They might been  a little late  but this could be the  2nd  INSANE challenge they were talking about.. Have to wait and see

hades

Mr. Scandalous

Ok, got lots for you guys!

BabbleGab will be for Club Pogo members only, as usual. Someone said it sounds like a word-type game, but this is not confirmed. Pogo has too many word games out to make yet another. No other information is available at this time.

High Stakes Pool is still scheduled to be revamped. This, too, has no other information available at this time.

Upcoming Challenges:

July 26 - August 2

PayDay FreeCell - Aces Marks the Spot Badge - Get 50 of more bonus points Bonus Scratch Card 50 times this week!

Spades - Spades T.V. Badge - Work with your partner to earn 1,500 points this week!

Dice City Rollers is still scheduled to be released this month.

Turbo 21 will be released on July 21 - this date has been confirmed by Pogo.

Turbo 21 information:

How To Play:

The Basics

The object of Turbo 21 is to stack cards in groups that add up to 21. Get 13 21s and you will get a jackpot spin!

Click the HIT buttons, lanes, or type 1-4 to stack your cards in each of the 4 lanes. Each stack is a separate hand, and you can play several hands at once. The cards will clear off when you WIN (get a 21 or "5-card Gimmie") or BUST (go over 21).

If you can't stack a card without going over 21, choose a lane that you want to clear. Again, click the HIT button, lane, or type 1-4. You will BUST and lose 5 tokens, but the lane will be clear for you to stack more cards. For maximum token awards, play all 52 cards before the time runs out.

THE BONUS GAME: After 4 jackpot spins you will get to play the bonus game. 4 sets of cards will fly onto the screen. Click on the cards that equal 21 and earn 20 tokens. See how many 21s you can find in 30 seconds!

Quick Tip - The 5-Card Gimmie:
If you stack 5 cards without going over 21, you'll get a 5 Card Gimme. A 5 Card Gimme counts the same as a 21.

Skill Level and Power-Ups

Skill Levels determine the amount of time you have to get through the deck of cards to win the "time bonus" tokens. The harder the skill level the less time you will have but more tokens you can earn. Change your skill level by clicking on numbers 1-3 beneath the "Skill Level" tag.

A power-up (represented by a lightning bolt icon on the 21 progress meter) can be earned by getting 10 21s. Once earned, one of 3 power-ups will become active for your next game. The power-ups work as follows...

Card Peek - You will be able to see the value of the next 2 cards the entire game.

Extra Time - Time will be added to the Bonus Timer.

Easy Spin - You will only need 10 21s to get a jackpot spin.

Note: You cannot earn a future power-up while a power-up is active. Once a power-up has been used, the power-up icon will return to the 21 meter and may be earned again.

The Jackpot Spin and the Bonus Game

If you get thirteen 21s in a game (10 while the "Easy Spin" power-up is active) you'll activate the Jackpot Spinner.

The Jackpot Spinner spins like a slot machine. When it stops spinning, you'll win either bonus tokens or the Jackpot. If the Jackpot Spinner stops on the word "JACKPOT," you'll receive the current Jackpot prize. The Jackpot is shown on the left side of the game.

To claim the Jackpot, you must fill out the contact information and meet the eligibility requirements listed in our Prize Rules.

Each time you get a jackpot spin your racecar will advance towards the end and bonus game. The Bonus Game is awarded to you after your 4th jackpot spin. The play area will change to a sideways 2-lane road and a 30 second timer will appear. 4 sets of cards will fly onto the screen and only one set will equal 21. Quickly find and click on as many 21s as you can in 30 seconds. You will get 20 bonus tokens per correct click but no penalties (aside from lost time) for clicking on an incorrect hand.

Tips

* Make your lanes add up to 11. That way, you can add a 10-value card (face card or 10) to make 21.
    * Avoid stacking 2 10-value cards to make 20. You'll need an Ace to get a 21. If all of your lanes add up to 20, you might consider clicking the "New Game" button to start over. When you click "New Game" you will be awarded all of the tokens you have earned so far.
    * Turbo 21 uses a standard deck of 52 cards, so there are 16 10-value cards. 10-value cards make up almost one-third of the deck!
    * Make the four lanes have different values. That way, you are more likely to be able to use the next card that appears. For example, it is better for the four lanes to add up 16, 17, 18, and 19 - instead of every lane adding up to 19.
    * If you can't place a card, click HIT in the stack with the highest total. You'll BUST, but the lane will be clear for more cards.
    * Don't try to get lots of 5 Card Gimmes. Although you will receive bonus tokens, Gimmes use lots of cards that could otherwise make 21s.

Keyboard Support:
Remember that you can type numbers 1-4 to select a lane for your next card. Since every second counts this efficient method of control is worth looking into.

Scoring

There are many ways to score in Turbo 21, but your best bet is to try and get 13 21s before the bonus timer runs out. You earn tokens in the following manner...

* Each 21 you make earns you an increasing amount of tokens. You will start at 1 token for your first 21 and can earn 1000 tokens if you can get 18 21s in a game!
    * You will receive 1 extra token for each blackjack (an ace plus a 10-value card), Lucky 7s (3 7s in one lane) or 5-Card Gimmie.
    * Get 5 21s in 21 seconds and earn a 3 token "Turbo Bonus"!
    * Playing all your cards before the timer runs out will earn you 15, 20, or 25 tokens depending on the skill Level selected.
    * In the bonus game you will be awarded 20 tokens per 21 selected.

Lastly, of course, additional tokens can be earned in a jackpot spin.

TIMER BONUS REQUIREMENT:
In order to earn timer bonus tokens you must end the game with at least 1 token earned.

foxx

Mr. Scandalous

tponka

Quote from: Mr. Scandalous on June 29, 2006, 02:33:49 AM
I wanna know why they're doing a Special Edition badge in Phlinx. Normally they only do one if the game is new/remade or if it's a seasonal game like Spooky Slots... so is something new coming to Phlinx?

I think they're doing it to celebrate my new henna tattoo on my ankle that I got in Tampa:    :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview