Started by foxx,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: foxx on August 23, 2006, 03:45:27 PM
Quote from: Homer on August 23, 2006, 02:59:44 PM
Quote from: foxx on August 23, 2006, 02:23:47 PM
Quote from: Homer on August 23, 2006, 02:18:08 PM
New T.O. rumor.....

I read today that he may not play until week 2 of the season. :))) :))) :)))

lol...Hopefully (and most likely) he will do something incredibly stupid between now and then...and we won't see him all season!  Yay!

*edited because I forgot a word or two...

There's actually been talk in NFL circles that the Cowboys may have considered cutting him but they can't as long as he is injured. If he is out with the injury until week 2 then the Cowboys are obligated to pay him $5 million dollars for this year's part of the contract. Some people believe he is trying to protect his roster spot by not playing until the second week.

Oh, what an ass.  Its not like the world didn't hate him enough already. 
That kinda, almost makes me feel bad for the Cowgirls.  Almost.

HEE!  :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

foxx

Palmer will play Monday night against Packers

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Carson Palmer is ready to play.

With his rebuilt knee holding up in practice, the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback said Thursday that he will play in the next preseason game, stepping on the field and taking a hit for the first time since his injury in the playoffs seven months ago.

Palmer is expected to start against the Green Bay Packers on Monday night, when his left knee will get its biggest test yet.

"I'm going to play," Palmer said Thursday. "Nothing's changed. We set out this date a while back, and everything's been on schedule and I've been fortunate enough to progress from day to day and week to week. So, I'll be out there for the first time this year."

Palmer hasn't talked to coach Marvin Lewis and offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski about how much he will play. He expects to come to a decision in the next couple of days.

When he jogs onto the field at Paul Brown Stadium on Monday night, he'll have come full circle. He was carted off the same field on Jan. 8 after Pittsburgh's Kimo von Oelhoffen hit the side of his knee on his first pass during a 31-17 playoff loss, tearing two ligaments and causing other damage.

He has practiced with the starting offense in minicamp and training camp, but sat out the first two preseason games because he didn't feel ready to give the knee its most crucial test -- seeing how it holds up when he's going full-speed and getting hit.

Now, he is.

"I'll get hit," Palmer said. "I'll get knocked around a little bit. It'll feel good because I haven't been doing that in training camp. I've been preparing for that."

His teammates are eager to see him back on the field. Like everyone else, they're wondering how he'll come through it.

"I know I would be nervous, so I'm assuming he's going to be nervous," receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "It'll be interesting. I'm anxious to see how he'll hold up. You don't want to see him get hit, but you do kind of want to see him get hit to see him get up."

If Palmer has no setbacks, he's expecting to play in the final preseason game and then start the season at Kansas City on Sept. 10.

Maybe the Bengals can stop their effing crying now...

Have you seen the fantasy draft commercial where the guy can't say Houshmandzadeh?  lmao...TJ Whosyourmama...

Homer

That commercial is funny. Let's just hope he is in my fantasy league. I'm in a 12 team league and the entry fee was $50/team. :ooo

hades

foxx

Quote from: Homer on August 24, 2006, 01:35:34 PM
That commercial is funny. Let's just hope he is in my fantasy league. I'm in a 12 team league and the entry fee was $50/team. :ooo

We do 14 teams (ugh, way too many) at $50 a pop...

Took home 500 bucks last year thanks to Steve Smith, Larry Johnson and Clinton Portis!

Homer

hades

Homer

hades

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview