This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NCAA football

Started by Mr. Rasputia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

It's amazing that Boston College struggles against the teams everyone expects them to beat. When most people seem to predict a loss, they actually go out and win.  ::) They kicked Virginia Tech's  :o0 earlier this season. They beat FSU and a few other strong teams too (As well as killing the weaker ones. Maine. Duke. Buffalo.  :ll)  Then they go and lose like three games to weaker teams than them. Miami, NC State, and Wake Forest.

::)

gator8_24

Quote from: justahumping on November 25, 2006, 12:10:13 AM
Arkansas lost  :'((

Sorry, Justa, but they might lose next weekend too.  They play my Gators in the SEC championship in Atlanta. :;'

justahumping

Quote from: gator8 on November 26, 2006, 12:22:26 PM
Quote from: justahumping on November 25, 2006, 12:10:13 AM
Arkansas lost  :'((

Sorry, Justa, but they might lose next weekend too.  They play my Gators in the SEC championship in Atlanta. :;'

Might lose?   lol I am surprised they won over 4 games this year..... Maybe they might do something next year. But that is like hoping that the Saints wins the super bowl hu? lmao

gator8_24

Alabama Fires Coach Mike Shula
By JOHN ZENOR
AP Sports Writer

November 27, 2006, 11:32 AM EST

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama coach Mike Shula was fired after a 6-6 season that ended with three straight losses, including a defeat by state rival Auburn.

Athletic director Mal Moore said Monday that defensive coordinator Joe Kines would serve as interim head coach. A news conference was set for Monday afternoon. Shula was to meet with players late Monday morning.

The firing was first reported by The Tuscaloosa News on its Web site. The newspaper said Shula told his assistant coaches late Sunday night of the dismissal.

Shula, a former Alabama quarterback, led the Crimson Tide to a 10-2 season last year and a Cotton Bowl victory. But his teams were winless in four tries against Auburn. The Tigers beat the Crimson Tide 22-15 on Nov. 18.

Shula's firing means Alabama is looking for a head coach for the fourth time since 2000. The Tide has had seven coaches in the 24 years since Paul "Bear" Bryant's last season in 1982. Bryant had directed the Alabama program for 25 years.

Shula took over the proud but troubled program less than four months before the 2003 season after Mike Price was fired following spring practice for his off-the-field behavior -- specifically a night of drinking at a strip club in Pensacola, Fla. Price got the job after Dennis Franchione bolted for Texas A&M.

"Mike and his staff took over our program during a trying period four years ago, and in a number of ways Mike has been an excellent representative of our program," Moore said in a statement. "He personally has displayed impeccable character."

Moore praised Shula for providing "stability for our program through four years of NCAA probation" that end Feb. 1, 2007.

The rest of the article is at--http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/newsletter/mu-html/sns-ap-fbc-alabama-shula,0,3964813.story?coll=orl-middayupdate-sports

Homer

USC has been upset could Florida be next? O+O

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on December 02, 2006, 05:19:37 PM

HAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!! ++ ++ ++ Go Gators, who beat Arkansas! Now if only the BCS goes their way.

justahumping

Quote from: gator8 on December 02, 2006, 06:59:51 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 02, 2006, 05:19:37 PM

HAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!! ++ ++ ++ Go Gators, who beat Arkansas! Now if only the BCS goes their way.

Yes, the Gators did beat Arkansas.
     Depending on how you want to look the game. (Not taking anything away from the Gators), Arkansas GAVE the game away (talking about the two stupid turnovers)..... Believe it or not, the Gators were the underdogs in this game!     Oh well, No one, (including myself) thought that Ark would win over 4 games this year. I mean, it is a young, young, young team!....  The way that Ark played this year did make a lot of people take note of them tho. If only we had someone that could catch a dang ball and hold onto it. lol..... Arkansas does have a great running game, we just need our passing game now......I just hope that Ark can keep it's coach (we have a habit of getting a good coach and loosing them to someone that can pay a lot more than Arkansas can) and hang onto most of our players and they stay healthy for a couple of more years, then maybe next year we will have a great team!... Not saying that we are NOT a great team now. Just that we are a very young team that was not suppose to win anything this year. Arkansas showed them hu? lmao
     GO ARKANSAS GO!

gator8_24

The game was for FL to lose and they usually blow it in the 3rd qtr. For some reason the second half they play lousy. Leak had a couple interceptions which was poor playing.  But I loved it when the coach kept using up his timeouts and then still sent in the kicking team! Only to result in a Gator touchdown.(maybe that was the 'style' points for the bcs, lol)I don't think style points should be used in the BCS , just IMO, sounds like  beauty pagent.  There were several times when I thought FL was going to lose the game but came back to win.

The sportscasters mentioned yesterday that ARK qtr back was having a better than usual day and the FL kicker was able to make the FGs.  Maybe they need to play indoors more often lol

I think FL has 21 seniors, that seems like a lot. But they will have a young qtr back in Tebow.  It was a good game to watch and fret over, and to hear myself say "Gators are gonna blow it".

I do not think the Gators will get the invite to the championship BCS game.

BTW heard that SC upped Spurriers salary by 500,000 and extended his contract. Gee, what rumors will do to give job security

gator8_24

Well, knock me over with a feather! Florida goes to the BCS championship game!

justahumping

Quote from: gator8 on December 03, 2006, 05:30:38 PM
Well, knock me over with a feather! Florida goes to the BCS championship game!

You are one happy girl now hu? lol  Are you going to the game now?
B.T.Y.  Go Gators!  I hope they can win.  Really!

gator8_24

Thanks, Justa, I think the best place to watch the game will be in the comfort and safety of my home.  I do know I'll have to stock up on everything days ahead as on game days it's a zoo here and there will be parties going on all over the city.  I was surprised at all I've been reading this morning that FL was the best choice. Thought for sure there would be negative response.since no Mich. replay.  Now countdown til Jan. 8th lol

justahumping

well, I do not think that anyone wanted to see Michigan go and have a rematchup of past years games.

Ilovemyweims

I wanted to se michigan go i think they are better than florida and it would make for a better game.  I predict that Florida will get the butts spanked!!  GO BLUE!!

gator8_24

That is one reason I heard the 'experts' say Florida got in because they did not want to see the rematch plus Fl had a tougher schedule. It will not bother me if FL doesn't win, just the fact they made it to the championship game dispite the odds.  The big ten is a big conf, (I'm from Iowa and went to U of Ia) but glad other conferences given a chance , plus Fl came out ahead of Mich. in the bcs %.

Holliday

Good to see y'all don't mind if Florida loses to THE Ohio State Univ. Jan 8th!
:P

gator8_24

Don't sell the Gators short lol  Gators just might like nuts(buckeyes are a nut) :)))

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on December 09, 2006, 11:05:19 AM
Don't sell the Gators short lol  Gators just might like nuts(buckeyes are a nut) :)))

Did you know all parts of the buckeye plant are poisonous? :o

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on December 09, 2006, 11:27:27 AM

I doubt that one buckeye will do a Gator in,  :))  Found this at Wikipedia-
"The nuts contain high concentrations of a saponin-class toxin called Aesculin, which is toxic to many animals including humans because it causes hemolysis (destruction of red blood cells). The saponin can be eliminated by leaching the pulverized nuts in multiple changes of boiling water, to yield a wholesome starchy porridge once important to some Native American tribes. Some animals, notably deer and squirrels, are resistant to the toxins and can eat the nuts directly."  If deer and squirrels are resistant then a huge Gator is included . :)))

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on December 09, 2006, 01:47:16 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 09, 2006, 11:27:27 AM

I doubt that one buckeye will do a Gator in,  :))  Found this at Wikipedia-
"The nuts contain high concentrations of a saponin-class toxin called Aesculin, which is toxic to many animals including humans because it causes hemolysis (destruction of red blood cells). The saponin can be eliminated by leaching the pulverized nuts in multiple changes of boiling water, to yield a wholesome starchy porridge once important to some Native American tribes. Some animals, notably deer and squirrels, are resistant to the toxins and can eat the nuts directly."  If deer and squirrels are resistant then a huge Gator is included . :)))

I got me a boom stick for those pesky gators.   :)))

gator8_24

LMAO Homer!  Watch out that Gator might jump at ya! :))) Don't get too close! I feel like such an underdog lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview