This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Once a Gator ....

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

always a gator unless  now you're a Gamecock!  Don't bother me on Nov. 11th ! :)))

ajc.com
Spurrier paints by the numbers

Published on: 09/07/06
Eleven years after his Florida Gators became the first team to hang half a hundred on Georgia at Sanford Stadium, Steve Spurrier remains public enemy No. 1 in Athens. With his South Carolina Gamecocks set to host Georgia this weekend, here are a few other Spurrier numbers you may not have known — or may have conveniently forgotten:
——————————————-

The Nextel Cup car number Spurrier will be pulling for Saturday night in Richmond. Spurrier and Dale Earnhardt Jr. have become fast friends of late, and hooked up Tuesday night for a chat on the NASCAR driver's satellite radio show.

Earnhardt is a lifelong fan of the Washington Redskins, the team Spurrier coached before heading back to the college ranks.

"If I had researched the situation, I might've gone to a different team," Spurrier told Earnhardt. "But I did like everybody else; I went with the guy who gave me the most money."
——————————————-

11-1

Spurrier's record against Georgia while coaching Florida. Average margin of victory in those games: a whopping 25.7 points.

And that's not the only thing that's earned him admiration from his SEC coaching peers.

"I just know Coach Spurrier, over the years, has always won," Georgia coach Mark Richt said. "He has always helped people gain confidence. He expects people to perform, and if they don't, he will move that depth chart in a hurry. I think he runs a clean program and expects his players to do well off the field. I have always seen that from him, and I don't expect him to change."
——————————————-
:30 (would have been lots longer)

How long of a standing ovation Spurrier received Saturday in Gainesville, Fla., before the PA announcer cut it short. "He deserves every good thing he gets," said former Gators safety Tony George, also in town last weekend for the 10-year reunion of Florida's 1996 national championship team.

"Championships are forever," Spurrier said. "Titles are forever. When you win one, it's forever."
——————————————-

Percentage of ajc.com readers this week who picked Spurrier as the college coach most hated in the Peach State. "He's obnoxious and arrogant, and apparently his preacher dad didn't get through to him about the admirable Christian characteristic of humility," wrote Jim Connah of Sandy Springs.

Tennessee's Phil Fulmer received 27.9 percent of your vote, with Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski hauling in 4.3 percent.
——————————————-

The most recent score Spurrier posted on the USGA's golf handicapping Web site. The date: Nov. 26, 2005, one week after the Gamecocks' loss to Clemson.
——————————————-

:))
350ish

Media members who had requested credentials as of Wednesday afternoon for Spurrier's Nov. 11 return to Florida's "Swamp" as South Carolina coach.

——————————————-

Extra dollars Spurrier will get, according to his contract, if his team wins eight games this season (including postseason). Win nine, and that figure doubles.
——————————————-

Dollars less that Spurrier took in his contract so his assistant coaches could get a bump in pay.

—Compiled by Thomas Stinson, Jeff D'Alessio and Carter Strickland

nightperson

gator8_24

Quote from: nightperson on September 07, 2006, 11:06:41 AM
ok, have to say i love your pengium signature

That's how I feel somedays about some people! lol  snag it

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview