This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Skinny Models

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Madrid, Spain banned the skinny models at their festival this past week. You have to weigh a certain amount to be able to model.  They are doing this because the world thinks anorexic looking woman are what you have to look like now days.  I think this is the best thing they could've done. Hopefully it will catch on in Hollywood.  I don't know about ya'll but I think bones sticking out everywhere is pretty nasty myself. Have you really looked at all these actors these days?  It's pathetic.  It sends the wrong message to people in the US on what you should look like. Most women and girls are going to end up with eating disorders if something doesn't happen quick.

Tara Out!

Monkey

Doesn't Nicole Richie weigh like 82 lbs?  ::)

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on September 19, 2006, 04:28:29 PM
Doesn't Nicole Richie weigh like 82 lbs?  ::)

Funny you mention her...shes the one that looks the worse to me. I use to think she was cute. Now when I see her on the Simple Life she looks like shes all EYES.  Her eyes are the biggest thing on her body.  She was way to cute with some meat on her bones.

nightperson

Ilovemyweims

she is way to skinny she needs to gain like 30 pounds to even look normal if you ask me

Homer

The only Bones I like is the one that comes on Wednesday nights on Fox. :)))

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Quote from: Homer on September 19, 2006, 05:03:49 PM

I like another bone but I'm not allowed to talk about it... +-+

There all getting to skinny.  They had fashion week in New York this past week and I saw alot of the A listers and they all are boney. It sends the wrong message  to these young girls, well older ones too.

Homer

Quote from: Tara on September 19, 2006, 05:42:32 PM

There all getting to skinny.  They had fashion week in New York this past week and I saw alot of the A listers and they all are boney. It sends the wrong message  to these young girls, well older ones too.

:ll

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Quote from: Homer on September 19, 2006, 06:29:12 PM

:ll

Why you zipping your mouth?  :///

TmT

gf we must be sistas...cuz I was th inkin jus like u... bones... bones.. see.. that word registers as NOT PG13...to me...when ever I see/read/hear that word.... I turn flush..... lmao

I am glad I have meat on my bones..... and my man like me real meatty.... skinny is ridiculous.....

(had typo...sentence didnt make sense) what else is new... lol

hades

tponka

harley89

Glad to see someone step and take a stand. I agree with Tara it sends the wrong message to the young girls and women.  I asked my beautican the other day if they could get a style book that had women over 45 that had not had plastic surgery. 

Julie

Quote from: Tara on September 19, 2006, 04:27:04 PM
Madrid, Spain banned the skinny models at their festival this past week. You have to weigh a certain amount to be able to model.  They are doing this because the world thinks anorexic looking woman are what you have to look like now days.  I think this is the best thing they could've done. Hopefully it will catch on in Hollywood.  I don't know about ya'll but I think bones sticking out everywhere is pretty nasty myself. Have you really looked at all these actors these days?  It's pathetic.  It sends the wrong message to people in the US on what you should look like. Most women and girls are going to end up with eating disorders if something doesn't happen quick.

Tara Out!
Agree totally!  Having bones sticking out all over the place and looking gaunt is not attractive or sexy.  These people seem to obsessively diet and exercise their way down to a toothpick and have no idea how awful they look.  They all need to be tied down and force fed <:> Send 'em your meatloaf ;)

Quote from: harleyrider on September 20, 2006, 03:17:09 AM
Glad to see someone step and take a stand. I agree with Tara it sends the wrong message to the young girls and women.  I asked my beautican the other day if they could get a style book that had women over 45 that had not had plastic surgery. 
Don't think such a book exists :-\

Tara

Here is Teri Hatcher running.   That's friggen gross.

Julie

eww that is gross, look at her legs, if she fell over there in the street she'd shatter into a million pieces lol

bams68

Just wat I was thinkin' ....how does she keep herself standing up on those sticks??  :))) If they think they look cute, they are totally gone wacky!!! I could  (O+O) a few of these pathic people.
Rite on the ball Tara with ur topic and it's great that Spain did what they did and I hope many places get there point and maybe try introducing in more places. It's horrible now-a-days with teens in highschool, heck not only highschool but even preschoolers and so many more think there appearance is everything and it just bangs my head on my desk. I mean come on,,,how sad is this world gonna get??? Teens committing suicide cuz they get teased on at school by others and what's this whole "Mean Girls" thing???  :ooo I just get sick to my tummie when I see documents on tv about these issues and all they do is talk n talk but seems nothing ever changes. So it's great to see that Spain stepped up and I'm hoping that others step up as well.  :///

Nice topic Tara  O0
Ur Deer Friend
bams <:>

Monkey

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

:)))

This thread deserves a bump, because of these recent pics:  :xx

Tara

That first picture is so nasty..She looks like if the wind blew she would just fall over and break.

That is one girl who looks so much better with more meat on her body.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview