This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cookies, Brownies, etc

Started by CindyLouWho,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

I thought with the holidays coming, we could post recipes for cookies, candies, bar cookies, brownies etc here to share with everyone.   !@!  Since I love to bake let's see lots of yummy recipes here!   :)))

Cheesecake Brownies

1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped nuts
TOPPING:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, butter and nuts; mix well. Press into a greased
13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine topping ingredients in another mixing
bowl and beat until smooth. Carefully spread over batter. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35
minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.

Yield: 2 dozen.

CindyLouWho

Chinese Noodle Candy

1 (6-ounce) package chocolate chips
1 (6-ounce) package butterscotch chips
1 (3-ounce) can chow mein noodles
1 cup broken nuts (optional)

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips over hot water, stirring until smooth. Fold in chow mein noodles and nuts. Let mixture cool about ½ hour, and then drop clusters onto waxed paper; let set.

Servings: Makes 2 dozen.

CindyLouWho

COCONUT MACAROONS

If you love coconut, you'll find that these macaroons
are delicious and very easy to make!

Ingredients :

2 (7-ounce) packages (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  (NOT evaporated milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°.
In large bowl, combine coconut, Eagle Brand® and
extracts; mix well
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto aluminum foil-lined
and generously greased baking sheets; garnish as desired.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned around
edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons
will stick if allowed to cool.) Store loosely covered at
room temperature.   Makes about 4 dozen

Notes: Macaroon Kisses: Prepare and bake as above. Press solid milk chocolate candy star or drop in center of each macaroon immediately after baking.

CindyLouWho

Coconut Snacks

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
4 tablespoons water
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups flaked coconut

In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar, milk and water until smooth. Fold in chocolate
chips. Form into 1-in. balls; roll in coconut. Chill until firm.

Yield: 4 dozen

nightperson

Thanks Cindy will help when i start doing all my christmas baking in a couple week  O0

Homer

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 10, 2006, 10:33:43 AM
I thought with the holidays coming, we could post recipes for cookies, candies, bar cookies, brownies etc here to share with everyone.   !@!  Since I love to bake let's see lots of yummy recipes here!   :)))

Cheesecake Brownies

1 egg, beaten
1 cup chopped nuts
TOPPING:
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten

In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, butter and nuts; mix well. Press into a greased
13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine topping ingredients in another mixing
bowl and beat until smooth. Carefully spread over batter. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35

I think that with the holidays coming everyone should make some so I can eat them with my

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

:))  I'm making these brownies on Wed. for Thanksgiving.  Come on over & enjoy !   They may not last til Thurs anyways.   :)))   !@!

CindyLouWho

Quote from: nightperson on November 10, 2006, 10:50:07 AM
Thanks Cindy will help when i start doing all my christmas baking in a couple week  O0

Thanks Night!  Looking forward to your recipes! 

Tara

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 10, 2006, 10:38:42 AM
COCONUT MACAROONS

If you love coconut, you'll find that these macaroons
are delicious and very easy to make!

Ingredients :

2 (7-ounce) packages (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  (NOT evaporated milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°.
In large bowl, combine coconut, Eagle Brand® and
extracts; mix well
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto aluminum foil-lined
and generously greased baking sheets; garnish as desired.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned around
edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons
will stick if allowed to cool.) Store loosely covered at
room temperature.   Makes about 4 dozen

Notes: Macaroon Kisses: Prepare and bake as above. Press solid milk chocolate candy star or drop in center of each macaroon immediately after baking.

Yummy   :pp

nightperson

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 10, 2006, 03:10:30 PM
Quote from: nightperson on November 10, 2006, 10:50:07 AM

Thanks Night!  Looking forward to your recipes! 

Why dont you come help me cook for the gang at work only takes me a straight 24 hours to cook everything i fix i will have to get my list out and put it in here the stuff i fix and no i dont eat it after fixing it im sick of looking at it  :)))

CindyLouWho

Thats how I am too Night, after cooking so much for a big dinner I can't eat any of it  but usualy do eat later on if theres any left   :))).  I'll be cooking 3 big dinners between Thanksgiving & Christmas but thank goodness I'll have couple people helping me.   :))

And if you lived close to me, I'd come help ya cook as long as I got to sample stuff    !@!

nightperson

well you can taste all you want im going over list now will be doing it the 2 week in Dec. and trying to do this on 1 weekend between christmas parties i have 5 to go to sure come on will need it
that is good on the help me i do all the cooking i have 2 Thanksgivings Dinner 2 christmas Dinners both are back to back days so i do alot cooking and try to work 60 hrs a week but i love to cook so i do enjoy it love to watch the family eat i do eat later myself

nightperson

Quote from: Homer on November 10, 2006, 02:06:12 PM
Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 10, 2006, 10:33:43 AM

Cheesecake Brownies

1 egg, beaten
1 cup chopped nuts
TOPPING:
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten

I think that with the holidays coming everyone should make some so I can eat them with my

Sound good Homer, i need new things to make for the people i make them for here at the shop so everyone give me some different recipes on anything

CindyLouWho

Night what kinda recipes you wanting? for sweet yummy goodies?   !@!

nightperson

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 13, 2006, 08:33:09 AM

something is in squares,cookies,not cake are pies just anything different then what i have been making like to surprise them with something different

CindyLouWho you have pm

zeboo

this is just like starbucks they are awesome
peppermint brownies

1 (19 1/2  ounce) box fudge brownie mix 
1/2  cup butter, melted 
1/4  cup water 
2  eggs 
1/4  teaspoon peppermint extract 
Peppermint Buttercream Frosting
1/3  cup butter, softened 
1 1/2  cups powdered sugar 
1  tablespoon milk 
1/4  teaspoon peppermint extract 
1/4  teaspoon vanilla extract 
Chocolate Frosting
1/3  cup whole milk 
1/4  cup butter 
1 (12  ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips 
1  teaspoon vanilla 
1  cup powdered sugar 

Preheat oven to 325. Then prepare a 9x9 inch baking dish by spraying lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper to the width of the bottom of your pan but long enough to extend over the edge of the right and left sides of the pan.
Sift brownie mix to eliminate any clumps. Then add melted butter, water eggs and 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Mix by hand just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake according to package directions. Let cool.
Beat togetheri cup powdered sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter. Mix in another 1/2 cup powdered sugar, then add 1 tablespoon milk and peppermint and vanilla extracts. SPread frosting evenly over the top. Place brownies in fridge to firm up frosting.
Bring 1/3 cup milk and 1/4 cup butter almost to a boil over medium heat. Pour chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl. Pour milk mixture over the top and let sit for 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and whisk until smooth. Use an electric mixer to beat in 1 cup powdered sugar until frosting is smooth. This will make for than you need, so remove 1/4-1/3 cup frosting and reserve for another use.
Spread chocolate frosting over the white frosting on the brownies.
Place back in fridge for about an hour to firm up frosting. Remove brownies from pan and slice into 9 pieces.

nightperson

I might make them for something different zeboo do you know how many pieces it makes in one pan

CindyLouWho

I've never been to starbucks but I bet those are yummy!

CindyLouWho

Quote from: nightperson on November 13, 2006, 08:39:46 AM

something is in squares,cookies,not cake are pies just anything different then what i have been making like to surprise them with something different

CindyLouWho you have pm

ok i got it & replied.  I will go thru some of my recipes & see what I have.  I'll post em here or email em to ya.  Also maybe some others will post some more here that you will be able to use. 

nightperson

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 13, 2006, 06:48:06 PM
Quote from: nightperson on November 13, 2006, 08:39:46 AM

CindyLouWho you have pm

ok i got it & replied.  I will go thru some of my recipes & see what I have.  I'll post em here or email em to ya.  Also maybe some others will post some more here that you will be able to use. 

either way will be ok, can use it tried of using the same ones over but i do try to make  3 to 4 different stuff every year

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview