This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Careful When Buying Gems!!

Started by shoes,

Previous topic - Next topic

shoes

Not sure if this has been posted ( if so please delete) but I went to my account to buy gems (stupid I know LOL) and it shows the last 4 numbers of my credit card.  It asks for your password and that is it--I bought them!!  My point is that people have given their pogo pw to others so that others can play games for them and now that person would be able to go in and use your gems.  Yes they would be playing your games for you but if you don't want that to happen then I suggest you change your pw.  That person would also buy gems on your credit card.   They would go to your account, but maybe you don't want more.  Or you debit card.  So just be careful!!

tponka

I wouldn't advise giving your password out to ANYONE for ANY reason.  None of the weekly challenges are *that* difficult, even without your Uncle helping you out.  If you happen to give your password out to anyone, it should be someone you KNOW, not just someone you chat with online. 

ĴĐ

Quote from: shoes on November 15, 2006, 05:42:17 PM
Not sure if this has been posted ( if so please delete) but I went to my account to buy gems (stupid I know LOL) and it shows the last 4 numbers of my credit card.  It asks for your password and that is it--I bought them!!  My point is that people have given their pogo pw to others so that others can play games for them and now that person would be able to go in and use your gems.  Yes they would be playing your games for you but if you don't want that to happen then I suggest you change your pw.  That person would also buy gems on your credit card.   They would go to your account, but maybe you don't want more.  Or you debit card.  So just be careful!!
Oh my! Thank you very much!

Parrots

how can someone buy gems from someone elses account for themselves  if it only shows the last 4 numbers on ur card

Homer

Quote from: Parrots on November 15, 2006, 05:56:29 PM
how can someone buy gems from someone elses account for themselves  if it only shows the last 4 numbers on ur card

It only shows the last 4 digits as a security measure the rest of the numbers appear as x's

This does not prevent someone other than yourself from buying gems, badge books and memberships at your expense. Of course you could always dispute the charges with your cc company but it is a PITA.

It would be very easy for someone to send a gift to themselves if they know your password.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

shoes

Only the last 4 numbers show, but you just have to click OK!!  And your card is charged.  You do not have to enter any info if you have paid Pogo before, they store your card number!!  That is how someone else can use your card and account.

HypnotizedMind

good point..... but i would never worry b/c i wouldnt be stupid enough to give out my p/w!!!!! (O+O)

Stinkerbell

Quote from: HypnotizedMind on November 16, 2006, 03:47:44 PM
good point..... but i would never worry b/c i wouldn't be stupid enough to give out my p/w!!!!! (O+O)

I have a friend who is a Canadian player and I was shocked one day when, in a poker game room, she announced that about 7 of her good pogo friends that she trusts have her password.  She wanted to give it to me so I could help her with her badge and I just said no way  Then she followed me into another room one day and again asked me to play for her and she was going to give me her password.  I told her that I appreciated her trust in me, but that I didn't want that information.  Not because I might use it wrongly but because one of her other trusted friends might without her knowledge and that might cast suspicion on me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview