This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Server Problems

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

We are currently experiencing some server problems. We hope to have the site back and running ASAP

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

tazmama6973

i finally got onto the site at 8:30 central <...>

Mayhem

Sorry about that. The DNS server went down.

I was forced to change DNS companies and it took awile for the changes to take in effect.

For anyone that does not know what a DNS server is ... I'll try and explain it.

When you type in "www.pogocheats.net" in to your address bar, it goes to the DNS server first. The DNS server resolves www.pogocheats.net to an IP address. When it gets that IP address, it goes to our main server (what you are on now and displays what your reading now).

Without the DNS server, it does not know where to go and that's why you weren't able to access the site.

My mistake was relying on one DNS server to resolve the IP address. I have fixed that and I now how a backup DNS server that it will automatically use if the other goes down .. we won't have that problem again.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

IndianLover

Quote from: Mayhem on December 01, 2006, 09:36:56 PM
Sorry about that. The DNS server went down.

I was forced to change DNS companies and it took awile for the changes to take in effect.

For anyone that does not know what a DNS server is ... I'll try and explain it.

When you type in "www.pogocheats.net" in to your address bar, it goes to the DNS server first. The DNS server resolves www.pogocheats.net to an IP address. When it gets that IP address, it goes to our main server (what you are on now and displays what your reading now).

Without the DNS server, it does not know where to go and that's why you weren't able to access the site.

My mistake was relying on one DNS server to resolve the IP address. I have fixed that and I now how a backup DNS server that it will automatically use if the other goes down .. we won't have that problem again.

I'm glad good job, I was lost without being able to come here before I went to bed last night, lol  O0

Ilovemyweims

wat to technicaql for me im just glad your back up!!