This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I LiKe iT .... I DoNt LiKe iT

Started by TmT,

Previous topic - Next topic

hotpinklovesofa

Well, no means no and that always goes whether you're married to the person or it's a complete stranger.  In other words, me no likey.  Besides there's nothing sexy about begging.

Do you like it when the waiter grabs your plate to get ready for the next course without asking (whether you're done with it or not?)

Falcon!

Squid

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on October 15, 2012, 07:33:16 PM
Do you like it when the waiter grabs your plate to get ready for the next course without asking (whether you're done with it or not?)

Don't like it

Do you like it when someone waiting on line keeps talking to you... and talking to you... and....

Falcon!

Do you like it when your in a fast food restaurant and the police, etc. thinks they can cut you.
Happens all the time

hotpinklovesofa

Do you like it when someone waiting on line keeps talking to you... and talking to you... and....  HATE & ignore

Do you like it when you're in line and the person behind you stands so close that they keep bumping into you and no matter how much you creep up to create some space they don't get it and invade your personal space yet again?

Squid

Loathe it.  As a matter of fact, in the grocery store, I keep my cart BEHIND ME so they are forced to stay several feet back.  Don't push me, lady!!  I just might push back!

As a property tax payer, do you like it when the Fire Dept. sets up roadway stations for people to throw coins out of their car, in an attempt to raise more money?

hotpinklovesofa

First time I ever heard of it but I think it's somewhat degrading. Surely a bake sale or just about anything else would work and be better received.

Do you like it when the post office and package services ring and/or knock on your door for items that don't need a signature especially if you're in the middle of something and getting interrupted completely ruins the flow?

Squid

I must admit, I like it.  I have had packages that sat on my stoop disappear.  The quicker I get them in the house, the better I feel.

Do you like it when you are a customer in front of a salesperson and that salesperson takes a phonecall and doesn't cut it short or put them on hold in order to tend to the sale right in front of their face??

hotpinklovesofa

Hate it. Super rude.

Do you like it when you forget your cellphone at home and don't run back in to get it?

Squid

I'm indifferent to it.  I am not tethered to technology.  Last month, I used three minutes on my cell phone.  I have a free year of cell phone so it doesn't matter.  After the year, I may get rid of the phone.

Do you like it when salespeople are very attentive while you're shopping?

hotpinklovesofa

I forgot my phone yesterday when I went to the post office and the line was soooo long.  I actually started to panic a little trying to come up with something to do with my hands. There's so much you can get done if you have a smartphone on you but I was trying to be good and show that I don't have to run back in to get it and instead it ended up showing me that, yes, I actually do. I do a lot of business via text and email though so maybe that's why, plus I have ZERO patience.
------------------------
HATE IT! I don't like being bothered while I shop. If I need you, I'll go find you otherwise you're just making me uncomfortable and possibly risking losing a sale because I feel like I'm being followed or not allowed to make a decision in my own time. I hate a hard sell too and it always has the opposite effect on me. Plus, I generally hate people (not that I'm antisocial, I just don't like random people in my face.)
------------------------
Do you like it when people use the 'married with kids' justification to excuse falling short on promises, responsibilities and rude behavior such as not acknowledging a mailed gift until several months later even though a quick and simple text or email saying "thank you" would have sufficed?  It's a slap in the face to single people to assume that you're automatically more in demand or busy because you have a kid (especially in situations where people have nannies and/or family to take care of said kid.)  It's so freaking obvious. Just admit you suck! (ranting...)

Squid

Hate it!  I think that kindnesses need to be thanked.  If I don't get thanked, I may not show the same kindness in the future.  I do not want someone going overboard with thanks, either.  A quick 'thank you' goes a long way with me.  It's time we all instituted a little common courtesy back into our lives.  It keeps us aware that there are other people around us and in our lives.  Fight the selfishness, folks!  FOr those married with kids, use the time to let your kids actually see you instituting these measures into your life.  They will learn.

Do you like it when the guy in the car in front of you is holding you up and waving other people in (people who would have had to yield to you, according to the rules of the road)?

hotpinklovesofa

If traffic is stopped and someone let's another car in I'm OK with it but when that person is too stupid to look up ahead to see that the light is green or just doesn't care and continues to allow people in and becomes the reason why cars are stalled then it puts me in a homicidal rage.

Do you like it when parents allow their kids to approach a dog on the street without first asking if a) it's OK and b) is it safe? 

Squid

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on October 28, 2012, 04:49:01 AM
Do you like it when parents allow their kids to approach a dog on the street without first asking if a) it's OK and b) is it safe?  

I'm the first to say that that's stupid but I will also say that I am a HUGE dog person and will approach any dog out there.  I have always felt like dogs can 'sense' I am not a threat to them.  So far, so good.  But I'm the first to say it's stupid.  If children are involved, I would always ask first.

Do you like it when your spouse/mate/signif. other pretends to be listening, giving you plenty of uh-huhs, when their attention is clearly on something else?

hotpinklovesofa

I dislike it but it almost never happens so it doesn't bother me as much as I know I would if it happened all the time.

Do you like it when your mate/partner/whatever starts talking to you first thing in the morning before you've had a chance to even adjust to being awake or when you first walk in the door? (what's the male version of a Chatty Cathy?)

Squid

Do not like it.  I am quiet for the first 1/2 hour of every morning.  I bounce out of bed, raring to go, but I'm quiet.  Please respect the silence.  Thank you very much.

Do you like it when you're watching a program on TV and someone comes in, picks up the remote and turns the channel?  Hmmm?  Like it??

hotpinklovesofa

It's a murderous offense.  I don't think anyone would dare because they know it.

Do you like it when neither your prescription, OTC nor homeopathic sleeping supplements fail to work on you?  (what's wrong with me?)

Squid

Nah, it sucks.  You're stressed out.  Stress reduction is in order.  Where do you keep the liquor?

Do you like it when your program is interrupted by special reports that only repeat what was reported on the special report five minutes earlier?

hotpinklovesofa

Don't like.

Do you like it when your neighbors force you into small talk when all you want to do is walk your dog so you can go on with your day?

Squid

I like it alittle bit.  I like staying in contact, to a point, with neighbors.  When I walk my dog, it's the best time to do that.  I'll gladly give 10-15 min. but don't push it.  LOL

Do you like it when I ask you if you like things?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview