Main Menu

Dancing With The Stars 2007

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

Well we was right on the female but wrong on the guy, lol.    <..>

gator8_24

Mistyeyed

i read in a magazine where drew lachey and cheryl burke were seeing each other now...guess his wifes out in the cold..

Monkey

"Dancing With Stars" Dances with Truth
Posted Mar 26th 2008 2:18PM by TMZ Staff

So you think all those performances on "Dancing with the Stars" are arranged by the professional dancers, like Cheryl Burke? Think again, people.

Our spies -- and they're unimpeachable -- tell us many of the routines are arranged by outside choreographers, especially when it comes to the "younger, less experienced" professional dancers, like Burke, Kym Johnson, Derek Hough, and his sis, Julianne.

The show makes it appear as if the professional partners create all the moves for the celeb contestants -- but that's just not the case. All that rehearsal video is a little deceptive -- we're just sayin'.

One source says, "Cheryl Burke is the worst" when it comes to arranging her own material. She relies heavily on outside help.

BTdubs, we shot video of Cheryl Burke with one of the professional choreographers -- Wendy Johnson -- outside an L.A. restaurant. We're told Wendy worked on the dance that won Drew Lachey the cheesy trophy.

For the record, Cheryl's rep says any insinuation that she gets outside help is a "blatant lie," adding that Wendy Johnson is a good friend of Cheryl's -- she's known her since she was 11 or 12-years-old. Also, the rep says, Cheryl "spends Tuesday night choreographing her routines in her apartment."

An ABC source says it's not against the rules for the dancers to use outside help.

CindyLouWho

Well crap, my fave got voted off  :'((  I'm gonna stop picking a fave cause they always lose   :)))

Tracey

do u have dancing on ice over there? i rather watch that than the ballroom dancing ..at least u can see them fall most of the time lol

Mistyeyed

we had one season of stars on ice,but i think they didnt bring it back cause there was stuff going on between one of the married skaters and his partner..guess they didnt want any more hassle with it.

gator8_24

Quote from: Mistyeyed on March 26, 2008, 06:45:36 AM
i read in a magazine where drew lachey and cheryl burke were seeing each other now...guess his wifes out in the cold..

This was refuted in another article that had an interview with Cheryl. They are not a couple and Drew is with his family. His wife was on the tour with them all , so I think that's just gossip.

Mistyeyed

yea i read the story they had in last weeks People saying the story was false,but just read another article in another magazine this week,where the two of them were seen together out somewhere..who knows for sure...

Mistyeyed

I think Adam or Marisa will go this week...i really like this show,but for some reason i dont like this group thats on this year,except for Kristi...

CindyLouWho

I thought the show was so boring, I ust couldn't stay interested for some reason.  I bet Adam goes next.   <..>

gator8_24

P Presley has had so many facelifts she can't begin to show emotion in her face!  After Adam came out on the unicycle he was doomed!

vasunlover

This season for some reason I have been falling asleep both on Monday & Tuesday, I just watch GMA wednesday morning to see who was elimanated :/o\

Mistyeyed

i agree,i dont think the group on this year is as interesting as they usually are..kristi will more than likely walk away with the trophy...i think adam or marisa will go tonite..

gator8_24

The football player (forgot his name) did tie Kristi last nite so could be a good contender

gator8_24

"Dancing With the Stars": It's Kristi Yamaguchi's contest to lose

Posted on Apr 7, 2008 10:12:16 PM

What will it take to beat Kristi Yamaguchi on "Dancing With the Stars"?

"An asteroid hits," Marlee Matlin suggested Monday night.

Yamaguchi's opponents identified her as the front-runner. Priscilla Presley warned that she and her partner, Louis van Amstel, were coming for Kristi. Jason Taylor said it was a one-horse race -- and he meant Kristi.

But by evening's end, Taylor was tied for the lead with Yamaguchi with 29 points apiece. Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba handed out 10s to Taylor -- even though the NFL star stumbled in his waltz. Taylor did well. But perfection? No way.

Len Goodman picked Shannon Elizabeth's waltz as the night's best. She came through elegantly despite a major challenge: Partner Derek Hough had been injured during practice, reducing their time to work together.

Who goes home Tuesday night? Adam Carolla should be shown the door for riding a unicycle. It was one of the strangest routines in the show's history -- and an odd way to perform a paso doble.

But Carolla's fan base could save him.

Marissa Jaret Winokur, who had a rough time last week, rebounded with a rousing paso doble. She moved across the floor on her knees. Don't try that at home. She wants to stay in this show, people. Do you like her desperation?

Mario also rebounded with a paso doble filled with strutting energy. The judges were divivded, though, on that one. Goodman and Tonioli argued, but such passion over that dance was misplaced.

More fierce than Mario was Cristian de la Fuente. In his paso doble, he grunted, he twirled Cheryl Burke, he dragged her across the floor. Bruno found it "very convincing" and "very Latino."

In the waltz category, Presley and Matlin delivered very pretty performances. But the Presley routine contained a lift, a no-no.

"The lift police are back. This ain't no disco," host Tom Bergeron said.

Matlin had the edge and brought Inaba to tears. Oh, and Inaba said the performance took her breath away, too. That seemed excessive, too.

Yamaguchi was splendid on her paso doble -- and she didn't stumble. She had to open the show, which put her at a disadvantage.

Still, Tonioli told her admiringly: "You were Jezebel out there."

And a champion, too.

I realize the show needs competition. It doesn't need contrived competition or inflated, baffling scores when there's a front-runner as fine as Kristi. She should win, asteroid or not.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/04/dancing-with--1.html

gator8_24

Oh those kids were so cute and talented!! sorry one got eliminated girls18.gif

CindyLouWho

Adam wasn't a very good ballroom dancer but I thought he was entertaining & fun to watch, cya Adam! lol   

I'm with you about those kids Squid but wow, they were so good.  IMO, they was the best thing about the show last nite   :D <..>

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview