PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 02:13:36 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

RIAA Wins Suit, Minn. Woman Ordered To Pay $222K

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

(AP) Duluth, Minn. The recording industry won its highest-profile fight so far in its campaign against illegal downloading when a federal jury ordered a Minnesota woman to pay $222,000 for sharing copyrighted music online.

The jury ordered Jammie Thomas, 30, to pay the six record companies that sued her $9,250 for each of 24 songs they focused on in the case. They had alleged she shared 1,702 songs in all.

"She was in tears. She's devastated," Thomas's attorney, Brian Toder, told The Associated Press. "This is a girl that lives from paycheck to paycheck, and now all of a sudden she could get a quarter of her paycheck garnished for the rest of her life."

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_277125347.html
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

gator8_24

talk about greedy record companies,  should go after the downloading source. They had to set an example of someone so chose her.

Jewel

I love music and used to buy a lot of cd's etc but since they started all this I just flip on the radio. A CD has to be really exceptional for me to buy it now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview