Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Beef Recall

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

By Jenny Rizzo

One millon pounds of beef are being recalled across the United States, and some of that beef could have been sold here in Western New York. Beef producer Cargill says it sold the beef to several grocery store chains, including Wegmans. Other retail stores affected include Giant, Shop Rite, Stop & Shop and Weis. The beef may be contaminated with E-Coli, which is a bacteria found in cow intestines. It can get onto meat through improper butchering.

Wegmans is recalling ground beef products that were sold within the month of October. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) discovered this problem during a routine sampling of the meat at the supplier's headquarters.

Wegmans gets their meat from Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation, which is a supplier of out Wyalusing, Pennsylvania. Any ground beef products that have the Wegmans brand name or the Century Farm blend brand could be affected. A list of recalled products is included below.

Wegmans says that so far there are no reported illnesses associated with this recall, but E-Coli can cause bloody diarrhea, fever and severe abdominal pain, generally within 3 to 8 days after eating the contaminated meat.

Shoppers at a Buffalo Wegmans store today were scared after learning about the recall. Lena Thomas said, "I went to Wegmans and I was gonna pick up some ground beef, and I just thought about and I thought, I'm so scared about the ground beef that I wouldn't buy it. I was gonna get some for my daughter, she's got 4 kids."

Shopper Chris Isaacs said he would go home and tell his parents about the recall. "I'll probably call them as soon as I leave, cause that's really bad. We probably have some in our freezer right now."

The people who are most susceptible to the infection are children and the elderly. If you bought ground beef from Wegmans and it bears a use-or-freeze by date of 10/10 - 10/29/07, then don't eat it, because it is part of the recall.

The recalled products are:

80%, 90% and 95% Lean Fresh Ground Beef, all package sizes. Also includes products sold from the meat service case.

80% and 90% Lean Fresh Ground Beef Patties in the 4-patty pack only

All Ground Beef, Pork and Veal blends, including Century Farm blend

85% and 91% Food You Feel Good About Fresh Ground Beef sold in the service meat case

Ready-to-Cook items made with Fresh Ground Beef, both packaged and in the service meat case, including:
- Ready-to-Cook Burgers (bacon & cheddar, blue cheese, seasoned, roasted pepper & feta)
- Read-to-Cook Meatloaf
- Ready-to-Cook Meatballs
- Stuffed Peppers

If you ate one of those products and are feeling sick, you should see a doctor. If you still have the item and you have not eaten it yet, Wegmans will issue you a refund. For more information on the recalled items, go to www.wegmans.com or call 1-800-WEGMANS ext. 4760.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/10996916.html

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Monkey

I bet 20,000 Americans have become vegetarians over the past month with all of these recalls  :ll

Mr. Rasputia

i've eaten all my E-coli tainted beef and it just gave me a heartburn  !@!

Tara

Everyone is going to die from eating, except Loco.  :)))

Stinkerbell

I remember my grandpa used to sit and eat raw hamburger... right outta da package 

TmT

Quote from: ABraveLady on November 11, 2007, 07:42:16 PM
I remember my grandpa used to sit and eat raw hamburger... right outta da package 
Ewwww, you serious... ewww...  But I bet he was not a sick man... betcha... Older people eat somethings we will never eat and still healthier than some of us.

harley89

no meat and the children dont have toys.   :=

Tara

Quote from: harleyrider on November 11, 2007, 08:16:05 PM
no meat and the children dont have toys.   :=

Guess it's time to give the kids a shovel and rake and start living off the land..lol     indian2.gif indian3.gif pilgrims.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: TmT on November 11, 2007, 07:45:52 PM
Quote from: ABraveLady on November 11, 2007, 07:42:16 PM
Ewwww, you serious... ewww...  But I bet he was not a sick man... betcha... Older people eat somethings we will never eat and still healthier than some of us.

He got sick when he got older, but it was kidney failure related to alcoholism.  He ate the weirdest stuff.  When I was living with them, granny used to cook up a HUGE skillet of fried smelt for him.  And it SMELT to high heaven!  I was 12 years old and whenever I said we needed an automatic dishwasher, she would point to me and say "I got one".  LOL  Smelt day was the only day I refused to do dishes cuz my hands would stink for days.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview