This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Posting with Pogo Screen Name

Started by MidnightToker62,

Previous topic - Next topic

MidnightToker62

I'm fairly new to these boards and have been wondering the same thing over and over as I read posts. There are a handful of posters here who post with the same name they play under at Pogo. Does Pogo monitor these boards? Aren't you afraid they do?

Also just a little pet peeve if I may....
Obviously I don't see where it does any harm to use autos to help yourself out. What does bug me though, are those of you who come in a room and go on and on about how hard the game is. And "hey, I'm so smart! I got the badge already"  when I and others in the room have seen your posts here about how great your auto works. I have played in a Pop Fu room with 3 people like that so far.
Don't worry, I would never call anybody out, seeing as how I'm guilty myself. But you don't see me on chat constantly bragging up my score, rating, rank, etc.

So, anyway can, will, or does Pogo come here to check and see if your name is posting?

ImRicherThanUAll

yup, they do monetor these bords and we never post namesd here  ;)

simps

we have posted names here such as pogo_steve

not everyone from pogo goes to these boards and doesnt even know about this site.
there are only 3600 members at this site compared to over 200,000 members at pogo

Mayhem

Let's not forget we aveage 15-40 guests at any giving time .. a lot don't bother signing up.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

simps

that still doesnt satisfy with 200,000-300,000 at pogo

ImRicherThanUAll

Most of them are just not watching our Forum ... We need to advertise ... lol we would have a lot more then  ;) :D

bob@pogopal

Simps,

What is the average amount of time you spend when you visit Pogocheats.net? What is the average amount of time you spend when you visit Pogo.com?

It's not that unimpressive either.

Bizach0620

I have noticed that people screen names here and on pogo are the same.  I have added about 13 names here on to pogo list and I have seen them all on auto.  I am sure pogo can do the same.

LuLu

I don't know why anyone would post here with their pogo screen name, that's just stupid!

pogoisevil

Quote from: LuLu on June 09, 2004, 05:33:33 AM
I don't know why anyone would post here with their pogo screen name, that's just stupid!

That's what I was thinking!!

evilone373

well maybe theres a few who could care less,
also if you notice the ones who do use a pogo name here,are still in pogo,which leads back to.......
does pogo ban anymore unless your being vulgar and so forth,.
has anyone with a club name been banned since the new year FOR CHEATING?
and not someone who blabbed their mouth in the game lobby.

on a parting note; maybe its not the persons actual pogo name.

Blue Aquarius

I was in a WWW room when Pogo Steve did boot someone out for using an auto.  People in those rooms do take screenshots and DO turn people in for cheating.  He did warn them first to turn their auto's off, but apparently this person wasn't at the pc because they didn't turn it off and he did boot them from the room.  I added that person to my friends list just to see if they would lose their account.  Sure enough they no longer have club status.

Super Duckie

ya know there is one less way to use autos with out being reported, if i am gonna use one and not be around, I got into the 50's+ room and let it run in there

LuLu

lol, that's exactly what I do.  I find rooms where they don't chat and still turn my chat off.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

PhoenixFire

Make that two, Homer.  8)

When I'm playing any of the timed games, the last thing I want to do is chat.  Heck, I turn it off most of the time in ANY of the games just because it annoys me. 

Believe it or not, I hate the phone too.  I have one in my home only for the kids, and I'm the only woman I know who uses 20 minutes or less on her cell phone each month. 

bob@pogopal

QuoteI hate the phone too.

Didn't I see you on the Dr. Phil show recently?   ;)

PhoenixFire

LMAO, Bob.   :D 

You wouldn't catch me within a MILE of Dr. Phil!  Talk shows frighten me, and when they're hosted by a shrink ... OMG, it's just a lethal combination.   :D ;D

Lywarior1

Ok I've said this one before but I'll say it again, Here's what I do first my pogo nic and this nic is kinda the same only I did change it alittle. But if I'm playing like www I will lose a game or two I almost never get a perfect game.  Tri peaks doesnt matter. But also I will chat sometimes just to make it seem like Im not useing an auto. also and I see this quite alot in the game room chats I do not never advertist that for auto run programs. That's just really stupid stupid stupid!

ronandamee1

Quote from: Ducky on June 10, 2004, 03:25:13 PM
ya know there is one less way to use autos with out being reported, if i am gonna use one and not be around, I got into the 50's+ room and let it run in there
I tried that once. I left the auto on for about an hour or two and when I came back to the comp there was a whole discussion about me. They said they were sick of people thinking the oldies would not report them and of people coming in there just to use autos.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview