PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 12:40:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A-Rod Still A Yankee

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Both sides have agreed to a 10 year $275 million dollar deal. :ooo

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Monkey

!!! What a joke  :))

Oh well.. that only means that he'll be letting the Yankees down in the playoffs (should they get there) yet again for the next 10 years.  :)) :))

Tara

gator8_24

Yep, he's a Yankee trying to tell the IRS he's a 'Cracker' to avoid paying NY state taxes. We don't have any state income taxes down here in FL. Evidently his 'home' is down near Tampa.

Tara

Quote from: gator8 on November 17, 2007, 09:55:50 AM
Yep, he's a Yankee trying to tell the IRS he's a 'Cracker' to avoid paying NY state taxes. We don't have any state income taxes down here in FL. Evidently his 'home' is down near Tampa.

:@  No racist comments please.  :oo

gator8_24

Quote from: Tara on November 17, 2007, 01:50:20 PM

cracker is not a racist comment.

Tara

Quote from: gator8 on November 17, 2007, 05:18:26 PM

Oh yeah, you're from Florida right? It probably wouldn't be to you. It is a racist statement. 

"Cracker", sometimes "white cracker", is a usually pejorative term for a white person, mainly used in the Southern United States, but in recent decades it has entered common usage throughout North America.

"Cracker" has also been used as a proud or jocular self-description. With the huge influx of new residents from the North, "cracker" is now used informally by some white residents of Florida and Georgia ("Florida cracker" or "Georgia cracker") to indicate that their family has lived there for many generations. However, the term "white cracker" is not always used self-referentially and remains a racist term to many in the region.[1]

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

gator8_24

Quote from: Tara on November 17, 2007, 07:05:55 PM
Quote from: gator8 on November 17, 2007, 05:18:26 PM

Oh yeah, you're from Florida right? It probably wouldn't be to you. It is a racist statement. 

"Cracker", sometimes "white cracker", is a usually pejorative term for a white person, mainly used in the Southern United States, but in recent decades it has entered common usage throughout North America.

"Cracker" has also been used as a proud or jocular self-description. With the huge influx of new residents from the North, "cracker" is now used informally by some white residents of Florida and Georgia ("Florida cracker" or "Georgia cracker") to indicate that their family has lived there for many generations. However, the term "white cracker" is not always used self-referentially and remains a racist term to many in the region.[1]

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

what does wikimedia know, it's generic as far as I am concerned and actually never use the term til A Rod tried to become from FL.  Cracker is also been known to be  style of house , but I don't know what it looks like.

jrzydvl

as a yankee fan i have mixed feelings about this.  his agent is a moron who talked him into opting out for bigger money from other teams and all teams laughed at him for his asking price.   he came groveling back on his hands and knees with boras begging for his job back. i like arod and want him to be the hr king as a yankee but it proves that what the hank and hal Steinbrenner say doesnt go until george is gone why else would he be coming back to ny after saing we wont negotiate with him. george is going looney and wants one more ring but we need pitching and arod to come through in the playoffs which wont be for a long time cause he chokes from the pressure instead of relaxing. as for arod coming back i say good for the yankees but i think they could have done better on the contract.

Tara

Quote from: gator8 on November 17, 2007, 08:02:29 PM
what does wikimedia know, it's generic as far as I am concerned and actually never use the term til A Rod tried to become from FL.  Cracker is also been known to be  style of house , but I don't know what it looks like.

Wikimedia probably knows the same thing that Wikipedia knows since they are both encyclopedias and both say the same thing..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_cracker

For other uses, see Cracker.

There are different kinds of meanings to the word cracker...but the way you used it, it was racist. It may not be racist to you, but it is to others.  

If you find the Florida Hate Crime Act..You can see for yourself.

Monkey

Good.. A-Rod's still a Yankee, and Lowell's still with the Red Sox  :D

jrzydvl

Quote from: Monkey on November 19, 2007, 12:25:58 PM
Good.. A-Rod's still a Yankee, and Lowell's still with the Red Sox  :D

lowells a good player,  i didnt see him turning down the sox even if the yanks didnt sign arod.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview