This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Black Friday

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 25, 2007, 12:28:37 PM
Anyone catch any good deals on Black Friday?

My daughter got an iPod kit thingy that has a car kit, a docking station with speakers, some other thing and another thing for $20.  She seemed impressed with it.  Wii games for $8.99 and something else she was thrilled with but I don't recall what it was.

swamp

:/\  we got a 27 inch flat screen  HD reddy at walmart for $169.98  a samsum good deal they only had 5 to sell  :##

Symbion

It was actually quite interesting north of the border... because of our dollar our stores actually had to do black-friday type deals...

Stinkerbell

Here's a question, has Costco always had Black Friday sales?  My hubby had to go back to Costco to pick up some more garland.  When he got there 10 minutes before opening, there were at least 200 people there waiting to get in and they had coupons for big ticket items like TV's etc.  Apparently, they had been handing out the coupons to shoppers the week before.  I had no idea!

My daughter went to Circuit City when they opened at 5am and they didn't get into the store until after 7.  They were only allowing 50 people in at a time, then only letting more people in as others left.  Then, when she got in, none of the sale items were marked so you had to know what you wanted and how much it was going to cost before you got there.  And to make matters worse, their computers were not set to reflect the correct price.  The cashiers had to look at the sale papers, manually enter the right price and have a manager come and approve each transaction.  There were only 2 people in line in front of her and it still took her 25 minutes to reach the register.  They had to have other family members do their shopping at the other stores for them.  LOL

Tara

Quote from: swampboy on November 25, 2007, 12:36:49 PM
:/\  we got a 27 inch flat screen  HD reddy at walmart for $169.98  a samsum good deal they only had 5 to sell  :##

WTG on getting that....See that's pitiful to have a sale and only have 5 to sell.

Quote from: ABraveLady on November 25, 2007, 03:31:14 PM
Here's a question, has Costco always had Black Friday sales?  My hubby had to go back to Costco to pick up some more garland.  When he got there 10 minutes before opening, there were at least 200 people there waiting to get in and they had coupons for big ticket items like TV's etc.  Apparently, they had been handing out the coupons to shoppers the week before.  I had no idea!

My daughter went to Circuit City when they opened at 5am and they didn't get into the store until after 7.  They were only allowing 50 people in at a time, then only letting more people in as others left.  Then, when she got in, none of the sale items were marked so you had to know what you wanted and how much it was going to cost before you got there.  And to make matters worse, their computers were not set to reflect the correct price.  The cashiers had to look at the sale papers, manually enter the right price and have a manager come and approve each transaction.  There were only 2 people in line in front of her and it still took her 25 minutes to reach the register.  They had to have other family members do their shopping at the other stores for them.  LOL

We don't have Costco here, so I don't know. People are crazy on Black Friday. I went to Best Buy today and they had so many extra employees it was unreal. I checked out fast, but last year OMG I was line for about 30 minutes. I don't like to wait.  :)))

harley89

Nope none of those deals came to my house I am not a Black Friday shopper

Tara

Quote from: harleyrider on November 25, 2007, 09:14:15 PM
Nope none of those deals came to my house I am not a Black Friday shopper

Me either, I wish they would let you shop online on Black Friday for the good deals.  happy21.gif

apple

i live in uk dotn have that here unfortunatly maybe need to come to states on the Friday lol

Tara

Quote from: apple on November 26, 2007, 07:40:12 AM
i live in uk dotn have that here unfortunatly maybe need to come to states on the Friday lol

LOL  It's just the Friday after our Thanksgiving that this happens. The stores put great sales on that start early in the morning for about 5 hours and people camp out just to get the good deals. It's the biggest shopping day in the US

apple

yes my friend lives in america and she told me about it she was shopping at 4am lol, i will come next year lol

Tara

Quote from: apple on November 26, 2007, 11:41:13 AM
yes my friend lives in america and she told me about it she was shopping at 4am lol, i will come next year lol

Anyone who got up that early surely got a good deal  Xmas Tree

apple

yes she said she got loads good deals wish it was me lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview