Main Menu

Baby Grace

Started by TmT,

Previous topic - Next topic

TmT

Couple Arrested After Police ID Dead GirlBy JUAN A. LOZANO,AP
Posted: 2007-11-26 14:56:08
Filed Under: Nation News

GALVESTON, Texas (Nov. 26) - Authorities said Monday they were "fairly confident" that a child whose body was found on the shore of Galveston Bay last month was the 2-year-old daughter of a woman arrested during the weekend with her male companion.

Authorities are awaiting DNA test results but believe the girl, who had been known only as Baby Grace since her body was found, is 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers of Spring, Galveston County sheriff's Maj. Ray Tuttoilmondo said at a news conference Monday.

"It was a few weeks ago I held up this little shoe and asked 'Who is Baby Grace? Who does this belong to,'" Tuttoilmondo said. "We're now fairly confident we know the answer to that."

Tuttoilmondo declined to discuss specifics because the investigation is still under way.

"There is a whole lot more work to do," he said.

The girl's body was found in a plastic storage bin that washed ashore on Oct. 29.

Riley's mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, and Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, were arrested early Saturday and charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence, Tuttoilmondo said. Bail was set at $350,000 each.They were charged even though authorities didn't know definitively what happened to Riley.

They reportedly told relatives that someone claiming to be a social worker from Ohio, where Riley's father lives, took the girl in July, but Trenor never told police she was missing, Tuttoilmondo said.

It's unclear whether they are married, Tuttoilmondo said.

The two have attorneys, but Tuttoilmondo could not provide their names.

Riley's paternal grandmother, Sheryl Sawyers, had called Texas authorities after learning of Baby Grace to see if a missing-person report had been filed in Riley's case. When she saw a sketch of Baby Grace, she thought it might be her granddaughter, authorities said.

Sheryl Sawyers said she has not seen Riley since Trenor moved with the girl to Spring, 75 miles north of Galveston, this year to be with Zeigler, whom she met online, the Galveston County Daily News reported Sunday.

Stinkerbell

I'm a firm believer in an eye for an eye and I think that if you're convicted of murder, you should die in the same manner as your victim.  Yep.... I'm brutal.

TmT

Quote from: ABraveLady on November 26, 2007, 02:12:58 PM
...Yep.... I'm brutal.
Ur just honest and open about your opinion,hun. Nothin wrong with that at all...

gator8_24

Her photos show her a darling cute little girl.  really sad.

Stinkerbell

I heard this morning that the mother admitted that she and her boyfriend beat the little girls with belts and would throw her across the roomand hold her head under water.  Filthy scum

gator8_24

Quote from: ABraveLady on November 27, 2007, 08:39:42 AM
I heard this morning that the mother admitted that she and her boyfriend beat the little girls with belts and would throw her across the roomand hold her head under water.  Filthy scum

The mother met her b/f on the internet and she moved , with the girl, to live with him. Too bad the dad couldn't fight that move. 

TmT

Quote from: gator8 on November 27, 2007, 11:56:45 AM

The mother met her b/f on the internet and she moved , with the girl, to live with him. Too bad the dad couldn't fight that move. 
Child abuse make me sick... I mean it makes me really sick to my stomach....and to take a life of a child is too much to even believe people in this world have issues of that magnitude. (Should burn in hell)

Stinkerbell

Quote from: TmT on November 27, 2007, 12:32:58 PM

Child abuse make me sick... I mean it makes me really sick to my stomach....and to take a life of a child is too much to even believe people in this world have issues of that magnitude. (Should burn in hell)

Amen, sista!

TmT

Quote from: ABraveLady on November 27, 2007, 06:36:09 PM
Quote from: TmT on November 27, 2007, 12:32:58 PM

Amen, sista!
Amen Corner looks like they fell asleep over there...lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview